Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

herbs discussion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:15 am    Post subject: herbs discussion

We have thrown a lot of attempts at creating a herb system and I would like us to make everything we have finally consistent.

Whats working great:
- gyvel potions
- planting seeds to grow edibles

Whats not working:
- brewing and foraging (lack of content)
- random items that are pills instead of herbs

Please add some thoughts below

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject:

white and black herbs are the best thing ever as far as aura and heal blind goes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
AnOldSoul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Agreed that what exists today works well, and with the opportunities list below. The lack of things to forage / brewability / the roasting business has a material (although perhaps minor) impact on druid functionality, at least.

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject:

I dont know what happened to the old system with druid forage and brew, but that was THE BOMB!!!! mixing for powerful potions or them exploding in your face. I heard druids were coming back and I was EXTREMELY excited about forage and brew. Something along those lines would be very exciting to me, even though it should be time consuming (to get to the point of esuna in a bottle).

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:50 pm    Post subject:

I would by lying if I said I didn't want to see additional content/mechanics for potions/brewing, as well as herbs.

The ability to extend the life of potions maybe?
The ability to make potions more potent, IE take a purple and create two purples from one? Or an option to extend their time. Make purples that last 4 hours instead of two? Things like that.
Maybe the ability to plant seeds and make hybrid plants, or make gyvel purples, things like that.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:41 am    Post subject:

OK guys, let me be more clear and to the point. I've gotten bugs about things that seem more related to having a crowded and confusing consumable ecosystem than actual problems. Its a "too many cooks" thing. Even I am confused.

A) a suggestion (given as a bug) was when a player grows a herb from a seed, it should produce a pill instead of a herb. However we cannot do this because the same object is used to become the herb. Also, who has ever planted a seed in the ground and gotten a pill out of it...
B) we have herb grinder (a good complement for lairs) which creates seeds from a few items, and some special cases. This object is good because it reverses A, and seems under-used.
C) anybody can take the dusk of gyvel (which you might say is a naturally found herb) and brew it themself into a gyvel potion, using 'brew' at echuir ...this item can be foraged by druids by being in the area the gyvel is from (edited this after checking code)..obviously its easier to just use aruncus

So basically the various things in this ecosystem are:
- seeds -> herbs
- pills and foods that look like herbs and grow around AR, e.g. dusk of gyvel, arrow root
- actual herb objects (all i can find in this regard seems to be a bag of tobacco so i think we are almost out of the weeds on this one)
- brewing "herbs" into potions
- flasks
- medicines (warlord foods which is animal parts)

There are also already edible flowers like the plant that gives the flesh armor. This item is classified as a pill. That seems like should be consistent with the products of seeds, per point A, but most likely the reason the flower is a pill because we didnt have a better option.

I think some of the suggestions like portable cauldrons for druids and ways to make potions last longer is cool, but should come later.. for right now we've mess to clear up. I guess we can just try to fix it for patch and just make it a line to say we fixed it. These ideas will be saved for later.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: