Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Cabal Currencies

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:05 am    Post subject: Cabal Currencies

I went ahead and created the thread for us to talk about Cabal currencies here. The biggest issue I see is that the easiest way to gain cabal currencies is to sacrifice rares off your kills. Below I will list a few ideas I have.

1. You can gain relics from killing bosses in challenge areas (although not all of them) perhaps award cabal currencies too? Give decked players a reason to go back to winter after.

2. How about cabal shops that you can use gold for so we are utilizing cabal bank gold again? Maybe half-strength supplies or something. IE a defender lasts 8-9 hours, maybe potions that last 4?

3. The last idea I had was you get currencies for using eat and drink pots/cakes for each level a lowbie gains. Add currencies to that maybe? (Although small amounts IE 20 per level or something)

4. I know I said number three was the last one, but I keep editing this because I think of new ideas. Next idea is adding currencies for completing overlord challenges. Right now warlords can farm medals (So can everyone else) by going through an area killing all the mobs and collecting overlord heads. Perhaps add small amounts of alternate cabal currencies to that.

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:18 am    Post subject:

5. Rollback to when they didn’t exist.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:31 am    Post subject:

See http://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11805

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:18 am    Post subject:

In the interest of not having two threads, I am going to post the stuff from that thread here.

Combining various ideas from various threads into this master list/thread. Feel free to add your ideas please!

Justices:
Killing certain chaotic mobs
Sacrificing wild weapons (off mobs or PK)
Someone pays off a fine that that Justice had gave them

Knights:
Sacrificing anti_good weapons (off mobs or PK)
Killing certain evil mobs.
Equipping cabal mob to fight against the forces of evil

Legion:
Sac'ing anti_evil weapons (off mobs or PK)
Killing certain good mobs
Equipping cabal mob to fight against the forces of good

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:24 am    Post subject:

I would like to try out defender potion for mystic relics.

There are many ways to get relics besides full looting that everybody can use, including just doing winter together, and they should be removed from full loot sacs.

As for why I want to keep defenders, I can think of lots of reasons but the biggest is I dont want the "we are sick of grinding purples" back. We barely have a decent band-aid on it with growing seeds right now. It could maybe be removed down the road when we have a built-out druid brew

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:29 am    Post subject:

That seems like a good compromise, what about keeping the system that is in place, but then adding lower-level versions of them to buy with relics? That seems good.

0 0 0
Rothak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:59 am    Post subject:

Cabal related quests could be something as well. Get people interacting with the rest of Serin again.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:09 am    Post subject:

In the more recent patches, some of the Justice currency issues have been addressed. I had been pretty vocal about adding at least another couple ways to get it. A year ago the only way was just being online. I believe I even tried talking my way into swapping ours back to gold since everything we do revolves around it, or maybe even upping the prices on our end. But there are other ways to get it now, and always options to add more.

I'm sort of against being able to use relics for it, however. I had considered it and all I can think of is how the OOC squads can just abuse it and benefit most. Some of them gather thousands upon thousands of relics at a time. Unless it's just a non-expiring purple potion, I don't like it, myself. I'm totally down for trying it out but that is just my opinion.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:58 am    Post subject:

Well we could double-dip with the brewing, because to brew things you have to buy a flask and spend shards. So you could have a cheap minor defender potion for just relics, or you could use a crystal shard of your own choice of level - crystal shards come from the lazarus pit (if youre not a druid) - and a 1000 gold fee to brew your defender potion, and since that is pretty shitty we could have the recipe give you 3 or 5 uses. That way, you can just get defender while you do something else you might want to be doing, and maybe druids might sell you shards or just brew the potions for you since they have everything needed on hand.

Thank you for feedback.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:43 am    Post subject:

there is a 20 relics minor defender potion at the magewares shop now. and the cabal currencies for saccing rares is mostly removed

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: