Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 12 hours.

Thunderstorm anxiety

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grayden

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject: Thunderstorm anxiety

I am sure the thunderstorms are needed for updates/fixes but I cannot help the delusional paranoia and anxiety from bubbling up.

First of all there is a countdown, so brain says oh crap here it comes. Completely unwarranted anxiety.

However, there are times when paranoia takes it personal. For example, you been hitting and fleeing a tough creature and you see the storm is coming. You know that creature is about to get full life as you curse the gods. The other time is ranking and you are close to an overlord challenge. The storms rest that as well.

I am not the center of the universe, but with enough storms I start to feel the gods are against me and I should return later. Why you so silly brain?

One time however a storm took my key to a nasty place, I thought, well that's probably for the best, but I prayed something like, "your storm stole my key", and a gracious god brought me another. Thankful for the intervention I slowed my way into that nasty place a few more times before I got unlucky. I think there is a moral to that story somewhere.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:05 am    Post subject:

Immortals are usually pretty cool about stopping a storm if you're doing something that is end game directed. Creatures in winter zaikkra chaos dragon stuff like that. As for anything else well you're shit out luck bud.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:11 am    Post subject:

Agreed, the immortals are cool about it, but I am more curious if anyone has some game anxieties.

I can't be the only one startled by a countdown.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Storms often bring rares back into the game, and very often full hp from imms afterward. They are good! Just gotta remember you lose keys so you dont get trapped

1 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: