Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 14 hours.

A little hoarding-relief updates

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:25 am    Post subject: A little hoarding-relief updates

As of right now there is a counter ticking down after saccing rare gear, which will lead to the rare holder eventually being equipped with the sacced item. The timer is based on the rarity of the item. FWIW, currently storms just cause those long timers to start over.

Note that this timer is much, much faster for requested gear. If goods decide to sac the requested races they don't need, it will be back on the rare holders a LOT faster than if other alignments sacced it.

Also on related note, I took the liberty of jacking up the captain of solace something fierce. We saw Keepers farming that for easy takiji-thinger. Nothing screams upsetting the game balance to me like saccing decent lightwalker gear until there's literally nothing left for them to request. So this is introduced specifically to curb that practice.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Hahahaha keepers got gimped. Just go kill the crimson mist get taiji and relics and you can do it solo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Matrix

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:43 pm    Post subject:

I used to solo the captain of solace at level 35 for his orderly chainmail armor, seeing him buffed is disappointing

0 0 1
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:45 pm    Post subject:

It is a temporary band-aid for a larger problem.

What I want to do is to make sure that good-aligns of ALL LEVELS have the equipment available to request that they need. The lightwalker characters which are high enough level to request from this mob (that's now level 41+) have been unable to get anything. They are downgraded to requesting fucking platinum plate (I would have written mithril/wood, but for whatever reason, that cannot be requested anymore). Evils still rank in solace, but it seems like the good align eq that used to be in solace has been (a) renamed (b) swapped to orderly (c) costs lowered and (d) request level raised. That's a very obvious game balance issue, highlighted very well by the character Flynderia who is going to be sitting at level 35 forever in part because no lightwalkers in range (the kind of player character who would feel any moral obligation to do something about it) can try to request that "overpowered" gear to deal with the character. And if they lose it, at least they didnt feed. But that's been totally moot because Keeper was just saccing it out of circulation. These kinda problems have been papered over with easy levelling for far too long. It will take some time to identify solutions correctly but the problems are at least easily evident.

Last edited by Davairus on Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Matrix

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:58 pm    Post subject:

the root cause of the problem is that there are imms who are making garbage area edits and nobody can stop them. This wasn't a problem before the changes you're talking about was made. The imm staff here has failed, shit is unfixable without sweeping reforms

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:59 pm    Post subject:

This is exactly what is happening. It wont be overnight but the direction and vision is clear. Also, this process MUST begin with honesty (stating the truth - exactly what I just did here) and we need trust in each other. Condemning doesn't help. Condeminng and antagonizing just pushes is away from wise decisions. What we really need here is WISDOM. There is quite a lot of things to look at, we need to understand what the details are that we can overlook. Observe for example, that having a character like Flynderia is fun for the player of Flynderia, and he's important. Of course he's fucking important. FLYNDORIA IS IMPORTANT. He matters. He plays AR his way just like everyone else plays their way. And his experience on AR is important as everybody else's. The result of what we choose to do, later experienced by him, isn't something we can just overlook. Deep down he grabs all that gear to stand a better chance in PK and learn, not to just dominate everybody and win. Just coz somebody play's different, doesnt make it bad. Its time to stop changing the subject when someone's saying that shit. Its time to stop repeating what everybody else is saying. Its time to stop jump on every Immortal mistake and error and be picky about everything we tried and that didnt work, going on and on and on about the past over and over and over, bringing up all the failures. That's a formula for disaster. That's not what the Imms deserve. We've stumbled. We made mistakes. It'd be dumb to pretend we havent, we would look like arrogant fools. WISDOM calls to choose to forget people's mistakes, not emphasize them. Its wise to let peoples mistakes go.

It is not unachievable for Immortals to level the playing field. Just look at Galaxy. Its back. And it contains some of the equipment we needed for good align characters in the range. The band-aid gives me time to observe and plan my next choice. This game will be fixed by kindness not by cruelty.

Last edited by Davairus on Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total

2 0 0
Necrobotica

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:36 pm    Post subject:

I was just noticing this the other day. It seems like ninja edits/updates happen to mobs, equipments, and areas without any sort of oversight or change log/update notice made.

I mean, this is a small one -- but within the return of my playing here at AR (last 3 months) the Juggernaut has had changes made to where he would announce (via yell) to anyone in Seringale that someone just purchased a training boost. That change has now since been reverted, but it's interesting. No notice to players about any of that.

I mean, you already pointed out the Huntsman duplicant ninja upgrade the other day.

Are the builders/staff not required to post these changes? Is there anyway to track the staff who are doing ninja edits and hold them accountable?

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Keepers should be gimped or even removed. They are the ultimate troll cabal and their existence really gimps knights. They are anti-fun to literally everybody who is not a keeper. I couldn’t imagine trying to deal with halfling thief keepers as a knight paladin. Sitting duck.

0 0 1
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:28 am    Post subject:

Necrobotica, you can see whenever items are changed via the codex. It will show up as an out of date ID. It is possible to pull a full records, but not from things that are over seven years ago. The codex is a very important source of game knowledge and news, both for new players and returning. As well, many bug fixes are posted in the MOTD. I have areas under version control, and I can see who is last modifier of most stuff. The huntsmaster one was very old. Its been interesting to see evil illusionists go right back to using fire giant soldiers. Telling of what illusionists consider an acceptable replacement. HUGE downgrade, but they use it without complaining.

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:44 am    Post subject:

Just because i as an illusionist player did not complain to you doesn't mean i am without complains. I'm extremely sad in my heart. The class is now unplayable, i am raging. I didn't know you wanted to hear complains. I am complaining now officially.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject:

Was that a serious post? Haha. I mean, lets be realistic here, Merlandox, right now your experience with illusionist just come down to whether you can get the kill in 3 rounds before the other guy quits out. you cant play any other class with that 500 ms ping of yours. I'd be raging about my lag not my dupe.

ping wrote:

-> % ping abandonedrealms.com
PING abandonedrealms.com (23.92.24.184): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 23.92.24.184: icmp_seq=0 ttl=52 time=22.653 ms
64 bytes from 23.92.24.184: icmp_seq=1 ttl=52 time=27.881 ms
64 bytes from 23.92.24.184: icmp_seq=2 ttl=52 time=20.672 ms
64 bytes from 23.92.24.184: icmp_seq=3 ttl=52 time=21.227 ms

Imagine me with a huntsmaster? Not necessary, is it?

We gotta do better than just make the only other guy online quit out (because its too difficult to be online vs evil ill) then quit out. Gotta think about your agenda more deeply than that. Your illusionist was already heading towards unplayable before I did anything about it. That is because it takes 2 and the other people of the MUD are being annihilated 5-7 levels down by an unfriendly clique of predatory level 50s using tools like that huntsmaster to get the job done quickly and efficiently with full loots. That makes your illusionist unplayable in the sense that there is going to be nobody left outside the unfriendly clique feels its worth it anymore, especially because on top of what I just described, you guys have been hoarding your asses off, including by (but not limited to) stockpiling gold with gold exploits to ensure winning every auction house trade, and OOC eq gathering. We are all super lucky for your shit pings. Repairing the good alignment will level the playing field and that will (hopefully) give you people to play with and keep you busy. That is what this about isnt it, Merlandox? Something to do?

P.S. Maybe you should look into good align dupe options sometime.

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject:

Hey dav, I was joking. Honestly, the raw damage of the huntsmaster is great but raw damage is just one portion of a good dupe. I would still want a reduced version of the huntmaster though.

Getting annihilated 4-7 levels down is something I have been on the receiving end myself. I did not power level up to 50 all the way. Yes having a clique is good because you can rank in silent hours, but as I said, I was ass raped when I was training all the time. We all have to deal with it.

"P.S. Maybe you should look into good align dupe options sometime."

Is this asking me as an evil illusionist to find good align dupes or are you asking me to roll a good align illusionist to explore the good align dupe options?

Evil cant dupe good aligned. Unless dupe restrictions have been lifted recently, I have played good aligned illusionist before but found their illusions meh. Nothing fantastic, unless I am missing something.

That ping though. I'm moving to LA to play AR. Life goals.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Wendingo alpha I think is one idk because I've never gotten an illusionist past rank 15. That thing is a cunt. Also guys nothing says we can make prom post and share knowledge we have on there. You know how many of you people I taught shit to including imms. We are all a wealth of knowledge that's the true crime to hoard. Granted cabal and elite class skills cant be shared unless it's with other elites who can play that class
But I always say.....knowledge is power.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Ok, its not easy to tell if its joking when its just text.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: