Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 11 hours.

Steal/pry is OP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merlandox

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:20 am    Post subject:

Right... how about we fix pry and steal first. I avoid thieves like plague. You spend an entire month looking for the person holding that unique but you cant find him because he doesnt log on
Finally he gets purged and u get the item. A thief comes along and types steal item. It's gone. It spoils my fun entirely. When he sacs everything and stays in living wood, u wont even get ur items back killing him. So fix that shit instead of fly, doesn't anyone else find it retarded other than me?

0 1
boo,
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject:

#threadjack

1 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:57 am    Post subject:

Yeah. It's in response to a thief talking about fly changes. I'm telling yngfre to fix pry and steal first.

"Can't just have free flight." - yeah i agree cant just have free items rather.

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:00 am    Post subject:

Dude, go make your own thread if you got a problem with steal and pry. Yngfre is suggesting something that is actually gimping his own character, while you're just whining because someone lifted your titanium earrings.

Go make another thread, thanks. And may I suggest some options if you got a actual problem and not just whining. Problems are more easily solved with viable solutions.

1 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Steal/pry are integral to overall game balance. Take the scenario where a character like Eurayel is pimped out and essentially unkillable by anyone. We need the thieves to be able to sneak in and steal their sack or their gear in order to soften them up since clearly no one is able to kill them without a little softening. Another scenario is with characters that hoard gear and hide deep in ‘Egal to avoid pk. We need thieves to pry your shit and keep the yin and yang of Serin nice and equal. Karma’s a bitch and his name is Flinnegan.

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:40 pm    Post subject:

I don't think we even had many thief players before you and Ivindel rolled up to 50 and began gathering rares OOC. That is really a good example of keep a low profile. I mean, if you look at the logboard of the last few weeks, you were ganking people and multikilling them with 7 level advantage, and picking off the Knights (generally less experienced players). So now people steal your items with thieves, possibly to weaken your bullying characters? What the fuck did you expect would happen? Welcome to level 50.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:57 pm    Post subject:

They don’t want anyone to ruin their endgame of owning every rare over 15 characters again.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject:

He's been dressed like a super hero while baiting people to fuck with him, bouncing around AR punking people with memorized dupes. Gets pried and complains about not being bullet proof. Oh, poor Merlandox, wasn't fun for you huh. Well, everybody else is finding that very entertaining, I assure you. There is an exchange of fun and it goes your way plenty, Merlandox, so this all sounds like a case of sour grapes here. Flinnegan is actually a folk hero to all the people you've pwned at this point. There might be an issue down the road, when other stuff is under control, but right now pry/steal is proving very helpful to the balance of the game. It doesn't seem wise to mess with. In fact, I'm sure most players would rather give YOUR characters a wide berth, nevermind about Flinnegan. So starting a thread to try to nerf steals is really something.

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:49 am    Post subject:

If a character wants to hoard inside E'gal do you think the thieves even have a chance of touching them? Let's be real, thieves having a chance to steal from someone unexpected is far and few between. Usually it's because you decide to fight them and i'm finding it retarded to even try these days.

If i'm the only one finding it's retarded, then carry on. My characters aren't the only one geared well. There are other people geared very well too.

Anyway, i'm just sounding out that pry and steal is retarded not just for me, but for everyone else too. I can just avoid them, and if that's how you want the game to be designed around, then carry on dude, it's your game. You don't have to talk shit to me. Half the things you said aren't even true. We hardly even gank anyone and we made it a point not to. I have never multikilled anyone.

Whatever man, i'll stay away from the forums. Carry on with whatever you are doing.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:00 am    Post subject:

Dude you are extraordinary. Every time you post someone new rolls a thief, while you keep crowing

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:14 pm    Post subject:

@Davairus:

Alright, I saw my name got mentioned so I just want to set the record straight. To date, me and Merlandox had not ganged anyone outside of legitimate scenarios (such as someone messing with our leveling party or when in-game circumstances called for it). There had been no fights that were initiated with a clear intention to cause grieve to another player by 2v1 him/her. We had no intention of doing that, hence you had not seen this happen, so I would really like to kindly ask you not to accuse us of ganking. If something we did is ganking in your eyes, I would really like to have the chance to clear out this misunderstanding with you.

On another note, by mentioning the point about multi-killing with 7 level advantage, isn't that being too specific that can easily out a character? I made it a point myself to stay away from posting such comments even when I had the burning desire to do so on the forums.

Also, before me and Merlandox had our first 50, Flinnegan, Yngfre and Eurayel had long been around. I don't think we deserve the credit for the rise of new thieves - maybe it is just the in thing to do now since Flinnegan had proven to everyone on stream and in the logboard that prying and stealing can be a really fun way to play this game too.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Incorrect. I've cycled between two characters and had literally your name ivendel the elf warrior. the storm warrior you guys were running at the time and two different characters depending on who I would log on. you guys would switch character a to gang me. I thought it was hilarious

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Careful with mistaking something that is actually a challenge for something that is unbalanced.

Fighting an illusionist is much more frustrating than fighting a thief. In fact, I'd fight a thief first over any other class in the game. Easy mode, just avoid steal. Fighting a thief, you can avoid getting stolen from, unless you're just planning to overpower them in which case they're going to outsmart you imo. With an illusionist, especially a top geared one with high skill levels and save breaks? No one complains when they can teleport around the game to escape PvP, and the use of shadowform >hide, to run from anyone at any time. Not to mention the crazy offense, misidrection, etc. Illusionist is pretty sickening and calling for a comparatively gimped class to be nerfed so you don't have to be clever is kinda messed up.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject:

@ivindel/@merlandox : read the players comments. I'm not writing them. You guys are in denial if you dont think that you have anything to do with the thief rolls. Like, just being the person complaining about them, I guarantee you, it causes more to be made. You became promoters for the FOTM. I can't solve that for you.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Laughing my fucking ass off at this guy merlandox or whatever the fuck his name is. I cant even tell you how many fucking times I had to regain the titanium earring because it was blackjacked and taken. Stfu bro go get the shit again and dunk they ass. I remember when I was so gear reliant that little shit like that would make me delete a character then I seen that I actually spend 90 percent of my free time armoring or armoring someone or looking at armor and that's what I like to do so I didnt mind the full loot as much cause I figured out different equip combos and engraved that I can turn trent thews or malicious beast into equal end game gear. Basically I know almost every piece of gear in the game and almost all their properties. Except galaxy cause I haven't been around to even look for it. Zerkers looking mighty sexy right now tho.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Anyway I think we do have one race that doesnt deal with pry. Its the treant. His gear is auto no-remove. Something to consider.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> The Battlefield All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: