Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 18 hours, 44 mins.

Cube of mass teleport

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:35 am    Post subject: Cube of mass teleport

Cube of mass teleport, wild held item.

A unique chaotic item that you shake for about 3 hours and everyone in the area teleports, including the holder and the item itself.

Dreamed up by a trickster God, this item warns people in the area, so leave that area because not even your guild is safe.

Person with the item shakes the cube, like other skills it can be disrupted, "you shake the cube as energy swirls around". If they move or do anything it stops.

Everyone in the area gets. "Chaotic energies begin swirling around the area, run!", "Chaotic energies begin swirling around the area, two!", "Chaotic energies begin swirling around the area, one!", and then next round everyone left in the area teleports.

Let the chaos begin.

I also think random drop like chaos spike for where it appears after a storm.

Edit: maybe a lawful grounding rod can be dropped in an area to prevent the chaos, but both of these items can be sacrificed.

Last edited by Grayden on Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:38 am    Post subject:

Hahaha. The poor rared out person in the far corner of the area realizes he is cursed and cant get out of the area in time.....

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:39 am    Post subject:

Or caught sleeping in the guild.

Or training in a more idle fashion.

Edit: I would feel bad for someone just walking into the area, no warning for them.

Edit edit: sorry for so many edits, please keep in mind teleport is not automatic death.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:51 am    Post subject:

I love it.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:02 am    Post subject:

Tesseract meets Magic 8-Ball.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:08 am    Post subject:

The real trick is if it rolls for danger teleport on all the targets, but applies the risks to the person who cast the spell: if anyone got Igglwiv, its the caster going there. "Joke's on you, buddy!"

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:06 am    Post subject:

yes!

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject:

isn't there a "cube of force" item? we could add some brandishes on it. I don't agree with casting teleport on anybody except yourself but a mass "blink" is fine. All it would have to do is force everybody out of the room.

That would:
(a) satisfy the urge to prank everybody, without going overboard with it
(b) make the cube of force live up to its "powerful" name
(c) give the item some practical use e.g. blow knights away each other, blow zombies away from the necro.
(d) offer something you can't get at the jeweler in like 3 gambles
(e) restore nostalgic item

I thought about the cube of force because I actually think about it all the time, missing it. Dragonblood lantern of wounding > most rare lights.

Clever Grayden. Sugar-coated "add mass teleport to the game" and got people actually on-board.

1 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:18 am    Post subject:

Lol at the healer hiding behind the kadar faeries ot whatever they are mow
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Cube of force is a decent item, the drawback is that it is evil only. If you want a little bump to that item, perhaps add casts shield, or casts iceshield if you want it really beefy. It is definitely more desirable to caster and found on a mighty warrior, so maybe give the warrior a dragonblood lantern and give the cube to the eog armor guy.

I fell like if you went with blink instead of mass teleport you would not need the warnings and build up. I also dont like using brandish as that limits who can use it, so how about a wild pill.

Eye of Choas, a wild pill that causes everyone in the area to blink.

Also mass teleport is in the help files, thank you for coding that. Smile

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Maybe give it it's own command? Like "Shatter".

X throws the cube of force to the ground, and wild energy begins to coalesce overhead.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:57 pm    Post subject:

If we go with cube of force and blink, I like Baer's idea, and you could use smash, as that is already a command and the cube shatters on the ground.

The part I don't like is that it would be evil only and lawful people could use it. Anything that randomly messes up an area should be chaotic.

As a counter balance for Knights and such, maybe a holy hand grenade that shatters all cubes of force in the area, again just spitballing ideas.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:12 am    Post subject:

Its not random if somebody is making a choice to do it. Although someone can do something and the results will be random. But the motive may not be. Doing it hoping for mass teleports into iggilwiv is sadistic.

Last edited by Davairus on Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:14 am    Post subject:

I agree with the sentiment that it needs to be an item that anyone can activate, not just those with staves. (and it should be a wild item to boot)

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:28 am    Post subject:

Davairus is right, it's not randomly going off and if we are updating the item, it is not randomly appearing.

To help summarize we are talking adding a smash command to the cube of force to blink all players in an area. Possibly moving the cube of force to Crimmon and maybe get a better light for the warrior currently holding cube of force.

Possibly add the same smash command and mass blink to a good only item.

I have played with blink and it can be very subtle. It tends to blink you to the other side of a closed door or randomly in the area if not next to a closed door. This will definitely upset an illusionist or necro, but maybe not a group of knights.

We definitely got away from the more sinister concept of mass teleport, but I feel this is getting closer to something that could be used.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:36 am    Post subject:

We can have targetted zaps or AOE brandishes, AND, it can be "activated" by just dropping the cube of force, shattering it like glass. That way, anybody can dumped a rare item to hump everybody, or if you were a skilled enough mage, you get to abuse it quite a bit more.

I dunno why you guys are pitching making wild items. People complain that everybody's just rolling chaotic without a second thought. Ok, so lets make more items that are chaotic-only? Cool. But what effect is that going to have on people choosing rolling chaotic? This item seems great for evils of any alignment to spread some suffering with. Since it is an AOE, it is illegal in town so that rules out lawfuls. Risk of outcast.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:09 am    Post subject:

Unless you are going justice, chaotic brings all the good stuff.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:49 am    Post subject:

Lawfuls have the best armor, not sure why you have so many chaotics, maybe no one is looking at the codex. Wink

Also I have seen stated that wild weapons average out lower, but now were not even in the same neighborhood as the original idea. Smile

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:54 am    Post subject:

It might be interesting to have the brandish just cause the players to walk randomly away from the starting location. Taking damage them breaks the spell. So like a temporary loss of control thing. instead of a teleport. so you still have the random part. Its just it'd be a random walk. maybe you would get stuck in a shop walking at a wall

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Davairus drops a cube of force.

>layout
Vanisse takes a dive, catching the cube of force before it shatters!

Laughing

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: