Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 8 hours.

Lair ideas (carried forward)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:55 am    Post subject: Lair ideas (carried forward)

these are the upcoming lair things we are maybe doing, not saying for sure but its a running idea thread. you can post more ideas below

* a means to actually expand number of rooms (running idea has been just deploy a lair area in your lair).
* add your own fireplace (nexus combo)
* add more room types, like garden, workshop
* add disguise skill to the lair entrance
* use a workbench to help create all the things we have in the game, except properly, like you can make a chair from chopping wood and taking it to the lair etc. you would still have to buy and learn the kit
* door upgrade (dwarven doors)
* door repair
* add house cat to "watch" and report goings on -- sold for mystic relics
* deploy your custom wardrobe. -- sold for herald chips
* add bookcase (and book items?) -- sold for herald chips
** need cabinets that things can be put into, for tea parties
* add a scarecrow holder
* deploy treasure for decorations
* somebody wanted an armor rack / weapon rack. this isnt too bad but the items would be lost over reboots.
* a way to add text to the sign object
* a way to trivially "claim" someone else's lair if its eligible for being torched already.
* a way to bid on and eventually acquire a lair of a deleted character before the 90 days are up
* a way to rename the area to something custom
* owners can buy and install traps of various kinds to have a nasty surprise ready for looters.
* door repairs, scouts, sentries, turrets and maybe look into making the lair moveable item, like a caravan you can just have wherever you want it.
* crude wells/cistern/fountain (similar to dwarven encampment, dries up. Poison-able)

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 5:50 am    Post subject:

I've been thinking (don't panic, its strictly entertaining an idea) about updating/adding to the vampire coffin skill with something to just kinda turn you into swarm of bats and fly back to your lair, which you would have deployed a coffin in, and rest in there a bit. I can make it possible to swarm back to wherever you did it from, or just choose not to return. It would also be a bit more realistic for people to just learn where your lair is, and try to race over and bust in and try to stake you... but then find out you have powers in your lair any time of day. BTW, I don't intend a nerf or buff to vampire, just kinda noticing they spam teleport and die looking retarded. Might be kinda cool to create a vampire lair and desc it as an old ruined mansion or castle of some sort, and lure people in. Also, it creates a place for a vampire to spend time alone, which they are known to do

edit: can't spell worth a fuck and explained it poorly.

Last edited by Davairus on Thu May 14, 2020 6:10 am; edited 4 times in total

1 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 5:51 am    Post subject:

I like it

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 4:17 am    Post subject:

noting here that this seems like a really good gold sink

1 0 0
Hondorian

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 5:24 am    Post subject:

Please, someone make evil character that has a Gingerbread house.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Legacy Deed available at level 50 - would allow you to pass your lair on to your next character (for those who like to play generations of the same family).

3 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:52 am    Post subject:

"...Windbreeze Manor has been about for generations..."

3 0 0
Necrobotica

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Legacy deed?! That's awesome! I can finally achieve my dream of building my Avian sky castle and pass it along to my royal hatchlings.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject:

Please be aware that right now you CANNOT FLEE in a one-room lair. It does not treat the door as an available exit.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Isn’t there a bunch of lag when you enter a lair? Like, I could stand in my one room lair waiting for you and then come at you like a spider monkey when you enter and are lagged?

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 6:52 pm    Post subject:

There used to be lag but I don't think there is anymore.

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:37 am    Post subject:

The ideas for Vampire sound like a cool way to change their dynamic a bit. I could see them using lairs a lot and it would make finding their lairs without them knowing more interesting.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject:

I love the house cat idea, could we also get a magic talking skull that says, "The owner knows your here, don't make yourself comfortable!"

Vampires have been known to take a gaseous form in their lair to escape. I don't actually know what a vampire can do but a blink action in their lair would be cool. A secret room they can blink into but have exit in short time, so no sleeping there, but the exit is out the lair door.

Also a swarm of bats returning down a cold chimney would be cool. How do you stop the vampire, duh light the fire in their lair, because you are hunting them.

0 0 0
Hondorian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:08 am    Post subject:

I know lairs are small, (3 rooms still?), but what about an escape hatch? Something that can be disguised at a bookshelf or something. Classic mischief. Or a toilet. Also, this could be neat if someone found your spot and wanted to trap you in or something of the sort. Or! A trap that ejected an intruder out. Hmmm.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: