Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Level 50 to regain Con score

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grayden

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:42 am    Post subject: Level 50 to regain Con score

I am not saying eliminate con death, that should remain, but there should be a way to regain con at level 50. You no longer need it gaining hp but your shield arm gets progressively worse as you inch to con death.

To avoid level 50 delete for people like, oh hell I am down 4 con, I should start over, I suggest using guild reward to regain con, a spa day at the guild if you will.

My suggestion is that the guild award needs to be available, then the spa day puts you in the hole for guild awards, like -10 guild points but you regain 1 Con point. You need another Con point, ok play everyday for a week, or 14 more good logins to go before you have your guild award again.

Conceptually this is a day at the chiropractor for berserkers, leather chair by the fire for magic users, a day at the temple for healers, whatever truly rests and revitalizes the character.

I doubt this eliminates the need for con equipment and believe it good for character longevity and activity.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject:

You *could* simply save some training sessions for constitution as it falls instead of pumping them into hp or mana. There is no need to do anything special to alleviate constitution loss.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject:

how do you lose con? It's real simple. Just delete after you die once and you dont have to worry about this crap

1 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:09 pm    Post subject:

I totally get your point, Tayyah. You can easily avoid con loss. Some people, however (crazy silly fucks!) don't like to gain exp. So, those people like to play, like, one character? And don't want them to go?!?!?! For those kinds, the delete after one death thing isn't that appealing. There used to be a quest for con, and also, I remember a way to regain them through your guildmaster.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Con quests, rare as they may be, extend your life beyond the standard 61 deaths and do not grant additional constitution points. Like a condeath, the "con" is short for condition, not constitution.

We have plenty of gear that grants constitution or you can just save trains as others have said. You can also augment your gear at the fireforge and get con added to it that way.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:19 am    Post subject:

I think the concern is that even if you use con gear to fill out your missing con, there are still penalties for having max con missing. You can save up some trains for con, but with 61 lives, that's 12 trains you need to save over the course of your lifetime to never suffer a penalty to con. Thats no small chunk of hp/mana you're never going to get.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:37 am    Post subject:

1prac FTW

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:39 am    Post subject:

I mean thats the price of power gaming. If you 1 prac and put every train into hp and then die a lot, you absolutely deserve that buffed flay health damage when most of your con is gone. The game world is deliberately trying to murder you

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:44 am    Post subject:

Here’s the thing...

If you think about AR like a game of chess, there are numerous strategies when playing against your opponent. Everyone has similar opening strategic moves, but then it can branch out and be nearly limitless in the diverse tactics used.

If you find that your method keeps getting checkmated, then try a new method. If you only level with OOC groups during surges and rush characters to 50, don’t be surprised if you’re not as good and die a lot. It might be time to flesh out the background, invest in a character, practice, and learn how to defend yourself better so you don’t die as often.

Or you can just power rank and litter the street with low-con corpses and have fun that way. Everybody can play the game how they want to (within the scope of the rules), but it’s not guaranteed to be the best method.

2 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: