Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 2 hours.

Safety deposit box for Cabals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grayden

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:39 pm    Post subject: Safety deposit box for Cabals

The Great Enchanters of Serin demand a safety deposit box for your troublesome trinkets of power.

Being oppressed by any cabal and being less lucky is bad for business. Cabal struggles for those outside of the Cabals is inconvenient.

We cannot simply put the items where they go so please install safety deposit boxes outside you Cabal so we can restore balance if we so choose.

Sincerely those who want to put the items where they go.

---

My idea is a box outside the Cabal that will return the item where it goes if someone drops the item in. It would only work for those not in that Cabal and I mean a box outside every Cabal.

This would only work to keep people from trespassing. I don't think dropping all the Cabal items in the sewer is productive, but let me know if that is the answer for people not in a cabal who wish to not be unlucky.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject:

There is already a cabal feature that does this.

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:37 pm    Post subject:

the cabal feature you're talking about isn't going to help non caballeds. which I believe is the intention of the OP. So; true Nadrin, but unrelated to this topic.

1 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Wow, totally missed that part. That's what I get for trolling forums on my cellphone.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Hmm interesting thought. The cabal shop seems like a good place

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:28 am    Post subject:

the changes that have been happening, ie. adding in the global(or near global) affects of having cabal items captured are only serving to increase the amount of offline item capping that is happening. If that is the intention then great. Judging off Dav's logboard post it seems like that is the opposite of the intention.
Implementing this idea may help alleviate the pain felt by noncaballeds due to the above mentioned changes, which could be good. But it is definitely going to increase the amount of offline item capping that happens. A lot. You're going to have every single uncaballed pinnacle character running in and stealing items and putting them in safety deposit boxes. Because it directly influences their 'affect' list now.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:16 am    Post subject:

I think we'll keep it to the sewers.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:38 am    Post subject:

What happens again if all the cabal items go in the sewer? Maybe everyone not in a cabal gets +1 to luck.

Also that Acylot is the sewer is not much of a challenge compared to the two guards at each cabal, can we get an additional guy down there for each cabal item held, like a maximum of six defenders when they have everything.

Even better non cabal characters get powers as it fades from cabals. Ok if this sounds rediculous it is because being in a cabal gives you an edge, get out there and apply yourself.

Wtf was I talking about again?

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject:

I think dav has whats in place so when you see asshole 1 trying to steal asshole 2 item as a lightwalker you go oh no thats gonna be bad I better stop him until someone can show up to defend. If you know you're about to have a negative affect because of someone cap then stop them from capping. Essentially dav voted all you idiots who aren't in a cabal into cabal warfare either participate or enjoy your negative luck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:41 pm    Post subject:

It is bad news to meddle in the affairs of wizards, but I can see how this will draw more players will be concerned what the cabals are up to.

Ok bring the global pain and cabal awareness.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject:

I removed the -luck since that seems to be overkill. There's still a pretty huge reminder. I think it'll work fine as gloating rights, and small perk.

Also I'll mention I hadn't interpreted this thread as a desire to be meddling in cabals. I can see now that I may have been mistaken. I just figured you guys had wanted to give back the items to their home cabals to shut off the debuffs. So that's what II was replying to when I said handing it in (to the shopkeeper) made sense.

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:37 pm    Post subject:

I think the option to return their item to the shopkeeper so that you don't earn a flag from that cabal for giving their item to Zaikkra definitely makes sense.

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:25 am    Post subject:

While we're at it I want to voice a concern I have with the currently implemented return function for cabals.

Idk how specific I'm allowed to get with this, so I'll try to keep it as nonspecific as possible and hope that it's still understood.

The current system of being able to return a captured cabal item leaves your cabal exposed. This is bad and annoying and de-incentivizes doing it to the point that I'd personally rather just drop the item at the sewers instead.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:11 am    Post subject:

In most cases, unless you're a keeper why would you want to?

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:47 am    Post subject:

Can't you just drop an item somewhere and it returns after some time?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: