Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

This topic is awaiting validation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ask an Immortal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:40 pm    Post subject: This topic is awaiting validation

This post is awaiting validation

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Its on the MOTD, which is how changes are typically provided to the playerbase...

0 0 0
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Perhaps you should 'consider' next time before you attack stuff knowing that one wrong move will be an instant 'hey where did my pally go?' moment.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject: This post is awaiting validation

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject: This post is awaiting validation

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject:

That being said, it is a very harsh penalty and I don't know that I would want to continue playing a character this had happened to either. So I feel you, man.

Players are still responsible for keeping up on the MOTD. With the number of issues that get submitted, and more importantly fixed on a daily basis the Imm staff can't also make a fancy post about every change. The MOTD is the most up to date resource for changes that is available to you and it loads before you even log your character into the game so you have time to read it over before you start playing.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject: This post is awaiting validation

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Personally I think a change of this potential magnitude should be announced as a note to all.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:20 pm    Post subject:

I understand that blaming consequences on someone else helps YOU feel better, and I don't begrudge you that relief, but it does make others feel shitty in response, and I'm not sure why there's a need. I'm not saying this to take it away at all, only that I wouldn't be mad at all if it were me, because it WAS clearly stated in the oath of eradication spec that this was an easy cherry to pop. High visibility. I think it surprising that you did not read the MOTD, although it is also regrettable it is not in the notes (I also wonder what else I left off them). I'll accept that point. Its correct. However, if you think your 3 hrs is wasted now, imagine getting all the way to level 30 and accidentally killing the wrong citizen in the grand thalos quest. I first thought about this additional oath when I put that quest in the game, in fact. To be clear, THAT QUEST is the intended place you'd lose your eradication paladin to evil. And you'd lose it because you were careless while commiting a genocide, and it would make sense and probably feel acceptable. I think since we are this early in the game here with the change in MOTD and consequences in sacred oath as well, some might say this was more of a "rookie mistake" and others that there's just been too much upheaval and Jaran's advice to consider mobs at the moment seems like a wise thing to do. I did not cause this intentionally. Good communication is hard.

An undeniable truth - this is a hardcore spec to pick and I don't see many people being able to last forever with oath of eradication. Not unless they join their groups and immediately say, "Dont dare kill a sapling" or like Jaran said "always consider everything" (that may sound ridiculous but that is 100% the right mindset to playing - you need to be paranoid and on your toes). Is it really a wasted 3 hours? What are any of us doing on AR, if it is not passing time?? You can't have the good times without the bad times Faelon. This paladin is very menacing to be around knowing that if you accidentally kill a sapling he might leave group and come back shortly with overseer mechanus. That generates intensity and fun and it imposes the paladins "presence" and especially leadership brought to the group via the hard rule he commanded as soon as he joined.

There are three other specs. I hate to say "you signed up for it" in response to this but actually yes, you did do that and then you ate shit. There is an important lesson here. "Look before you leap". It is not something you do as a rule, is it Faelon? So this spec would appear like a fit. In fact, it is the worst possible thing you could pick. Sorry. For whatever its worth, your own paladin suggestions were implemented into other specs. And a mob bestiary is planned for the website which would eventually make these changes more visible. But please, read the MOTD. Nobody is trying or wants to fuck you over.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject: This post is awaiting validation

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:55 pm    Post subject:

OK its been ten years of clowning around killing the golems, sure. That doesn't make it right. Murdering sentient beings that only protect a town for no other purpose than their equipment is definitely immoral. Like, don't roll a paladin and then be like "If it isnt good align, I can kill it, its no big deal." We cannot complain the roleplaying at level 50 is no good if we spent the last 50 levels or 10 years just ignoring that. This is not the kinda conversation I want to have with you. Its time to move forward

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ask an Immortal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: