Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 18 hours, 24 mins.

Good Align (Pet Class)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Necrobotica

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:11 pm    Post subject: Good Align (Pet Class)?

So I've played a bit with the Necromancer class and I was curious if there has ever been any sort of discussion in regards to a similar good class version?

I mean, I suppose there is several different examples that could be used. Conjurer, Thaumaturgist, Cabalist, or ... I mean the list could go on.

Similar to

Dark-Knight/Paladin
Healer/Shaman
Necromancer/?????

0 0 0
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject:

You can make a good Illusionist so I guess that's your pet class in a sense. Or a good Ranger for a more warrior type.

0 0 0
Necrobotica

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:58 pm    Post subject:

[quote]You can make a good Illusionist so I guess that's your pet class in a sense. Or a good Ranger for a more warrior type.[/quote]

Yes, but I was thinking of something similar to the Necromancer version of pet classes. Something that could summon earth elementals or simulacrums, etc. Just thought it could be an interesting option for players who want to play a Necromancer type class, but go the road of good alignment.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:06 pm    Post subject:

There is also druids in the mix there. They have the entire jungle book bursting out of their staffs.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject:

A-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh
In the jungle, the mighty jungle
The lion sleeps tonight
In the jungle the quiet jungle
The lion sleeps tonight

0 0 0
Necrobotica

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject:

I understand there are druids, rangers, Illusionist -- just saying that I don't believe there is currently a good aligned class that can roll with an army such as this:

Necromancer flies south.
A flesh golem walks south.
A stone golem walks south.
A decorated zombie of a tired old innkeeper lumbers south.
A zombie of a giant thief guardian lumbers south.
A decorated zombie of a tired old innkeeper lumbers south.
A vigorous, spotted dalmatian walks south.

I mean, druid, ranger, and Illusionist -- all of their pets for the most part are relatively temporary. Anyway, it was just an idea.

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:18 am    Post subject: Bump!

Wanted to bump this thread. I love playing a vamp and ADORE my Alhoons. However, with the addition of Raknos, it is now undeniable that evils have the pick of it when it comes to special classes. I do not even think that if there is a good align special class added, that it need necessarily be a pet class, but I really think that it is past due that the goodies get "something special" Again, to reiterate, an overwhelming majority of the time my chars are evil, so its not a greedy request. Also, I love a pet class, but not even saying that a good align specialty class need to be pet based. Just would love to see the special classes evened out a touch, alignment-wise.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:48 am    Post subject:

I’d say wait until someone takes an Eradicator paladin to 50 and if that doesn’t scratch your itch let’s talk more Smile

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Well, here's a couple thoughts from elsewhere:

1. In AD&D 2nd Edition (if not other editions of Dungeons and Dragons), only lawful good priests can create clay golems (though how this would potentially be expanded, I do not know);

2. In another game whose name I will not mention, it is possible to summon angelic allies when the player has sufficient piety with a certain patron deity. I could totally see this having potential in AR, if we require a certain amount of reputation with a deity to summon these allies;

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:22 pm    Post subject:

I don't at all mean to discount what you said, Ceridwel....but I don't think that you are understanding the meaning. Special, meaning Elite only, or RP to gain, or some other badassery to obtain class....not anyone can roll one, and its just hard to level, and very hard not to get changed DK......the point I thought the thread had was that all the specialty classes were evil.....perhaps I was mistaken.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:12 am    Post subject:

All good Kornhole, I know what you're saying. And I thought about that after I responded. Somewhere the thread went from "we need a goodie specialized class, maybe with some kind of pets" to "maybe doesn't need to be with pets, but some kind of goodie specialized class". Or at least, that's where my brain went. Smile

Elf Pally Earadicator is pretty sweet and I'm waiting to see someone stomp heads at 50 with it but my gut says it's going to be pretty 'special' even though it is open to anyone. That said - I agree it would be cool to have an Elite-only goodie class to balance out the vampire/alhoon circlejerk. Someone mentioned an angel-related class which is something I also suggested to the imm staff a couple of years back. Nothing came of it but maybe someone should post it in the Christmas Wish List Q4 patch thread. Or make a poll. Or both!

1 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: