Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Abandoned Realms Fundraising Drive 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:31 pm    Post subject:

$150/month for 3 years? Holy shit...

I wonder if there's any benefit in asking new players where they heard about us upon creation. Just a quick poll:

(1) Friend referral
(2) Mudconnect
(3) TopMudSites
(4) Reddit
(5) Other

Then for the ones that choose other, we could prompt them for more info later, maybe flag the char and let imms interview them later on. Just spitballing here.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:04 am    Post subject:

Wow Nycticora not a single one? Damn. We’re those targeted adds at all (mudders or gamers)? Hopefully we can avoid trying the exact same thing?

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:35 am    Post subject:

we ran ads on topmudsites also and saw nothing from it

the adsense ads were as targeted as they can be, we used adwords to show ads whenever someone searched for mud or free rpg or free mmo and a bunch of similar searches on google search and youtube

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:34 am    Post subject:

Can you think of anything else to try nyct?

The zmud/cmud deal was way too expensive. We’ve got the TMS banner now. I’ve responded to a couple of the negative reviews on TMC (just waiting for it to be verified/posted). I think the reddit engagement is a really good project we’re working on right now.

Just thinking of ways to utilize our current funds (~$600 Canadian). Any ideas are appreciated!

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject:

the only thing with a decent chance of increasing the pbase is packing the webclient into a package to put on Steam

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:15 pm    Post subject:

That would be amazing Nyct. I'd love to see that happen. No clue how to do that though Sad

AR 2020 REDDIT Advertising Initiative

Target: subreddits: r/MUD, r/RETROGAMING (targetting MUD alone told me it was too few users? I've already been posting in r/MUD for the past few weeks and it's been great engaging the community!)

Phrasing: AR banner with added wordage: Like RPG? Like fighting? Like looting? Like free? Try MUD - The Abandoned Realms (with a button that says PLAY NOW) - please give me feedback on this part. You get to provide an image with words above .

Timing: I'm hoping to have the impressions show up during peak times (coinciding with surge times on surge days) and early evening (pacific)/late evening (atlantic) times on other days.

Duration: Planning for 1 month ~Oct 31 - Nov 1

Cost: ~$200 USD - might be a bit more or less. We currently have ~$450 USD in the warchest.

To make this as impactful as possible I'd ask that we all try to play AR as much as possible in November (of course don't sacrifice time with friends/family/work, but instead of playing console games or FPS or other computer games, sink your fun time into AR!).

Totally open to all feedback - thanks for engaging!

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject:

IDK nothing about nothing, but I do know that of all the social medias, I heard about reddit last, and was very much least impressed. Just my worthless two cents. Even trying to get into it, upvoting and all, seems like a very unorganized set of forums with no real form.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:04 pm    Post subject:

I’ve actually been enjoying reddit since I started posting in there. I think a few of the people I’ve talked to have come tried AR out too.

2 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:45 am    Post subject:

Well, god knows im all about that pbase, mebbe if we have 30 new people, one of them will suck worse than me, and I can get a kill!

1 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Woooo I just got my mask!!! With a really nice hand written note I love it ! Thanks ! ❤️❤️❤️

2 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Awesome I'm glad it made it and I'm glad you like it! Wear it with pride!!

1 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: