Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 10 hours.

Customizable Warcy
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like to see customized attack yells and warcries as long as there was oversight to prevent trolling?
Yes
84%
 84%  [ 16 ]
No
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19

Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:17 am    Post subject:

So I haven't played a character that has worries like I mentioned in a while. Not since Balan. The giant speak that I did with Balan was difficult. However, it was something that struck me heavily then. Seeing people now talk with an accent, in dwarvish speak and all that stuff and then seeing them yell out perfectly just seems silly. Most people ignore it, and people probably will continue to do so. As to making a sound if you're mute, who needs sound to psyche themselves up? You can accomplish the same thing for forced hyperventilation like swimmers do to prepare their lungs for dives. I can easily see someone getting mad, or agitated, breathing hard, and then exerting themselves to deal with their frustration. In the end, yes, I think this should be expanded to attack yells too and maybe make it similar to the background and desc process. Someone submits their request and an Imm or scholar says yes or no.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:00 am    Post subject:

There are a lot of yells in the game that are customized for spells and other specialty attacks.

Here are the ones I found just on the stream right now:

Dogran yells 'Help! Sylac tried to charge into me!'
Dogran yells 'Help! Brathaelia is frying my brains!'

I'm not trying to be a buzzkill, since if you are playing a mute who is hyperventilating you would obviously turn on noyell, but there is a lot more than warcry that would need a fix for full immersion.

1 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:26 am    Post subject:

My simple brain says, warcry is normal, warcry 2 is based on religion and ecry would be the custom warcry, and everyone can do it by default. Those who abuse it, lose it or worse.

@ Vanisse & Ceridwel, no more meddling and creating more work.

@ Nadrin yes please

@ Vanisse, Grayden beats on his shield so hard it sounds like roaring battle drums!

Stealth yells Twisted Evil

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Im in this deep. I've been wanting to have my warcry reflect my diety since my characters rp is heavily associated with a God not yelling something about something I dont give a shit about.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Or yelling very evilly to a diety when you arent evil alignment. That one always annoys me.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Ok I've been thinking about my issues with this and I think the ideal solution for me would be a method for players to provide general rules for updating their automatic yells (and says if there is interest in that.)

I might be shooting myself in the foot as it comes to oversight here, but I think you guys are right about having extreme penalties for misuse. Or non-approved versions will be disabled (not deleted) if someone posts an inquiry about it. You wouldn't be able to do that if an imm or mystic has given a thumbs up though so you can't use it to mess with your enemies.

Code:

edit speech:

Replace sh with tth
Replace s with th
Replace z with th
@

You yell 'Help! Thylac ith crutthing me!'

We probably would not be able to give the treatment to player names like in my example, so that there's clarity about what's going on for everyone, but I'd really love to see something comprehensive instead of making spot fixes.

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:02 am    Post subject:

I love the idea, agree that oversight is necessary, and also agree that Immortals already have a lot to do. On a more personal note, I have deleted a couple sssssslithhhhssss because the lack of a lisp on the warcry turned me off.

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Slith warrior losing lissssssp when warcry...lame. Warrior without warcry...lame. Just saying.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:14 am    Post subject:

well a mute character having a warcry literally doesn't make any sense at all lol. but otherwise i think it is a good idea.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: