Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 13 hours.

Headshrinking adjust

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:23 pm    Post subject: Headshrinking adjust

I'm just going to leave it here that I'm open to take a look, its just kind of hard to find the points in the logboard. Here is what I remembered.

1. Somebody complained it blocked reckoning. WAI, that class frustrates you by denying your skills. Its the same thing you do to them with your saves, so it comes down to just your damage and potions against their heals and mana regen.

2. Another complaint that it was preventing chii build. also WAI- the skill is geared to starving gauges and disabling you (same as with mals but done with more subtley).

I mentioned I would add a demonic horn that grows out of it when the shaman kills players and solidifies it (so that it has less pus available to block with and therefore will break). I don't think that will do very much since this class can run and get new shields. We could also do shield cleave for zerkers again for something that would directly target it. And just lower the AC bonus. My guess is lowering AC bonus will be most effective remedy.

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:25 am    Post subject:

wtf is WAI?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:03 am    Post subject:

working as intended

1 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:17 am    Post subject:

What if you just tie headshrinking to Player Character heads upon death? Not your own head either, just those that you get the last hit on - the kill. You can shrink their heads before it decomposes, and then fix the head/shield to scale to the power of attacks that strike it.

Think about it, these classes (shaman, necromancer) are inherently evil classes. You cannot capture a mountain boogum's soul. You cannot headshrink a mountain boogum's head. Make it size dependant, giant = tower shield, large = heavy shield, medium = shield, small = buckler, tiny = voodoo doll.

I think prudence should be looked at too, as well as Druid potentiality (brambles - gnome only). These are the evil, good, and neutral clerics of the game and if you are going to fix one, perhaps you might weigh the pendelum of all three. I am not saying ANY are broken, but hit three birds with one stone. I understand this is focused on a Shaman's headshrinking, but let us look at the globe here a bit shall we.

1 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:27 am    Post subject:

I really like this idea.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:23 am    Post subject:

Well we can do brambles for all druids, wild growth is so pimp anyway it can carry the spec. That's fine with me, I have no problem with it. Actually though I made this thread specifically just for head shrinking and would rather stay on topic.

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:13 am    Post subject:

If only there was an existing skill/spell you could alter to channel power into a head being shrunk that would determine the potential of the head, or just create a new one, then you could narrow it down to player heads with size being dependent upon race. Maybe a highly dependent luck-based spell that leaves the Shaman drained or has an exhausting cooldown.

Large (fire giant), medium (human, drow, duergar), and tiny (quasit) are the race sizes available to Shamans. With this given idea, would that mean a fire giant would wield another giant's head as a basic shield? Or is throwing size into every aspect too much confusion? Because I feel like a duergar wielding a giant's head as shield as a tower shield, but to a quasit it is unwieldable. Meanwhile, a giant wielding a medium-sized races head as a shield would be a buckler, and his fellow giant folk's head shield would be wielded as a heavy shield. But a quasit couldn't wield the head from a giant but medium race (human) would be a tower shield for them.

Or you could have an option, to designate whether or not you would create a shield out of the head, or a voodoo trinket/doll. Please keep in mind I have no mind of what the stats are on a lvl 50 shrunken head or how it works. But given from the log posts and general discussion of it, these are where my ideas grow from.

So yeah, shrink a players head, siphon communal power into it if you so choose, you get a cool + based on your deity, wield the shield, maybe the durability of the shield is parallel to your reputation with your God.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:16 am    Post subject:

power could come from group size so you need a following

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:19 am    Post subject:

By the way I included the HUGE size from the helpfile, that is only dragons and stuff. Giants are large size, so everything I said was scaled down one notch.

I am confusing the hell outta myself too. So maybe you flip it...

Huge = voodoo doll/trinket. large = tower shield, medium = heavy shield, small = average shield, tiny = buckler.

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject:

Thanks Arunore, not quite what I used but I love the idea. I think you have the right idea with us doing a head size for shield block percent at some point. I'm going to lower the AC this patch and follow up with that if we find more issues later. What I'm interested in is the shaman pursuing killing in the name of a god, and as difficult a thing as possible, so that might have to go off player rating and not just their races.
Saving dolls in my back pocket for illusionists (master of puppets). Good shit man.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: