Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 5 hours.

Street fighter type brawl day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozaru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject: Street fighter type brawl day

Perhaps I would be in the minority with this, but I think it would be more fun to have a tournament style brawl day. But this would be more like street fighter or my personal favorite Killer Instinct and you can either pick your race/class combo or random on the spot and fight another person. Multiple arenas could be built to support fights at the same time. Spamming meteor shower was fun as a necro for a few minutes, but it would be kinda cool to just go head to head and see who comes out on top.

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject:

This is a cool idea and I agree. I wonder if lots of duels would end up being way longer tho. Maybe really restricted arena size or something so 2 players don't end up in there for ages preventing anyone else from having fun and jumping in.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:37 pm    Post subject:

is this different than just running a level 50 warlord tournament? You guys have plenty proof there's a time of the week that works for a ton of people now, right? So why not just stake your level 50s on it and just promote the tourney properly ....
I think, for the brawl day, being able to change class without rerolling would've been neat.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:49 pm    Post subject:

I think the brawl day could be used as a learning form of pk as well without any real penalty. Maybe you want to try a drow necro, but you may not have the time to dedicate to it especially if you fail royally. I don't think the tournaments have been successful because of the gear difference and your character can lose face. In this setting no pride is really involved, the gear is the same and if you random a gnome warrior everyone wins.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: