Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 14 hours.

Q4 2020 Patch is live!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Wow, now I'm super curious. Good job.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:19 am    Post subject:

I am expecting if the player enhanced the item in any way, it stays the same because the entire item is saved after a change. Also just to clarify before the question comes up, we don't respond to every item adjustment by going and unloading peoples characters, and I dont intend to do it now. Instead I'd encourage to just enjoy pk'ing with whatever you have earned until you get fully looted/sacced and lose that good shit forever.

I also added some new scaling armor bonuses onto a bunch of the sets. Its based only on character/item level difference. That bonus does not apply for any substitute pieces, which means if you decided to engrave your set onto low level rares, the set bonus won't be helping you as much.

I hope this helps sort out the item AC. We will probably know by April if we need to nerf armor spells. Or at least be able to have a discussion about it without also having a buncha redhorne equipment to blame it on.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:27 am    Post subject:

In other words, Kalist's treasure trove of never ending characters is now worth millions...

2 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:15 pm    Post subject:

I read through Dav's AC update comments and don't seem to see this mentioned anywhere, but light armor AC multiplier is changed? It's not mentioned in help armor class either. But I have noticed that light armor 'lore' will list a 2x multiplier on a torso item instead of a 4x multiplier. Also arms is 2x instead of 3x. Things like that.

Light armor has reduced AC, AND reduced multiplier? Why?

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject:

@hamsandwich That ac change predated the patch. I added the info to identify spell and lore so it wss conveyed better. Leather armor doesn't offer as much protection as plate armor, so you'll see this reflected in the ac of characters using it. A monk, for example, has iron body, several monk styles, and their new block defense to reduce damage since they lack the ac of a character decked out in heavy armor. Similarly, an eradicator pali can stick with light armor for their fencing style which also provides additional defense. Invoker enchants, the Seringale forge, or any other armor class that is applied as an affect always gets the best modifier for its slot, regardless of light/medium/heavy.

1 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Huh, TIL.
Well alright. Thanks Olyn

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:11 am    Post subject:

Wow holy crap!

I really appreciate the work you guys put in. Believe you have granted all my Strythmas wishes and more.

New shinny spells for a class that can gate, fantastic. Perhaps when people shatter mirrors they will regret the razor wire.

This is exciting stuff even if I am late to the party. I wish the best for everyone this year.

Happy hunting!

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Grayden, razor wire has to do with duplicates, not mirrors...

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:33 am    Post subject:

.... so far. Perhaps later it will be more devastating with no duplicates or mirrors. Like how that extra hob spark damage would add if you had mirrors.

A vote for even scarier illithids in 2022. (Is it too early to plan for next wishlist?)

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: