Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 4 hours.

Hello
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:10 pm    Post subject:

I dread food every time I roll a new character. Its only purpose seems to be to nag a player to remain at the keyboard. Its an old, antiquated system. I'm sure almost all our vet players would agree they don't want everyone else to be AFK though.

That said, its not nearly as bad as the experience you raised and I think we'll have a look into why you were turned off.

2 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject:

food adds a survival element to the game. It's supposed to make venturing into unfamiliar areas more difficult. You have to prepare in advance for a long journey.

Even with create food and create spring hunger takes a toll on ranking groups and causes lots of pk since the power dynamic can shift based on who picked up a foot or an ear and ate it. I turn on party members when they're weakened from starvation all the time and you do too.

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject:

only true when far from griff

1 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Food by itself is just a nuisance but combined with the rest of the dynamics of the game it makes things more challenging. As mentioned for PvE but also PvP. Food is in top 3 most annoying things to get when wanted. Many times I've been in a situation where I had to run somewhere to grab food and my enemy was able to spot me in public. There have even been times I've died or come very close due to hunger fucking up my movements. As far as AFK I don't see how hunger/thirst affects AFK at all? Once you daydream hunger/thirst doesn't hurt you anyway and I've always included hunger/thirst in any AFK triggers.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:14 am    Post subject:

What do you mean it dosnt hurt you? It literally halves your regen. Thats why you are running out of mv

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: