Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 16 hours.

Hall of Exalted
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How should HOE inductees go?
Leave as is. Only got a couple votes and left wondering why that char got HOE?
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Once a character gets an HOE nomination, they are then moved to a poll with the options of: "Yes HOE", and "No HOE". With a MINIMUM of 10 votes cast, the character must get 70% "Yes HOE" to be moved to the Halls of Exalted.
64%
 64%  [ 11 ]
Only true HOE worthy chars must have Ygin-esque graveyard where everybody and their mother logs in to vote "HELL FUCKING YES HOE!!"
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:22 am    Post subject: Hall of Exalted

How should chars be voted into HOE? It seems very inconsistent right now with no set-in-stone procedure, and it appears others feel that way too.
Remember, the Halls of Exalted is for char that are above and beyond, head and shoulders above the rest. True badasses in the world of PK and/or RP.
Ones that will always stand out in your minds after years have passed.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:41 am    Post subject:

I voted for option 2, I think it is the best, but I would want some way to track who was voting. Not so we can be biased, but so people with 10 characters cannot vote with all ten characters.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject:

I don't care really just make sure everyone gets their say before it happens. It's not about who does it or how it happens, it's just that everybody needs to have a chance to comment on the gravestone before the decision is made. If the decision is a bad one someone will get mad and say no this will not stand because we care about this place and having high standards for the halls of the exalted.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:12 am    Post subject:

and how many votes does Ivindel get

0 0 0
beia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject:

I vote number 2. Also add that only accounts can vote, not people hiding under character names. Your vote is from you, not your character.

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Wouldn't it be more interesting if you had to wait a month to vote. It's amazing how time changes perspective on things

What I mean by that is if I look back at the HOE as it is, there are several characters I don't remember that much about really. Some because I didn't have much interaction with and some because the just weren't that memorable to me. That isn't to slight anyone at all because if they even got considered by poeple for halls it's pretty good. It is just that over time their actual longevity in my memory isn't their, where HOE should be clearly defined in memory forever.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject:

[/quote] If the decision is a bad one someone will get mad and say no this will not stand because we care about this place and having high standards for the halls of the exalted.[/quote]

That's part of the issue right there. That is exactly why we need a real process in place for voting. Honestly, HOE has become "Halls of the pretty good characters".There is a few in HOE over the past few years that are blatantly not HOE. Got a ranger that was MR. Average with pk and rp. Got a Flash-in the pan, 1 month active Zerker. Got a very average rp, good pk though, barely 2 month invoker in there now too.

We need a set standard. Not "Well i'm an imm i think they should be in there. If a char is a 50/50 toss up with votes, that is a fuck-no HOE. Not, well somebody needed to decide.

At this pace, Furry and Ozaru will be HOE along with everybody else here. Semms watered down to me.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject:

One thing I think you should be careful of Xenyar with your comment about "bladefurry and ozaru" getting in the HoE. Is that the Hall of the Exalted is for the character not the player behind the character. Anyone is capable of rolling up the next HoE character and then equally capable of rolling up six trash n00bs in a row.

I think what it really boils down to is: the imms should have final say over exalted. And if they want to delegate that task to a specific imm or specific committee, that's up to them. But imo, HoE should be decided by the staff with the input of the playerbase.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject:

hey. who fucking hacked ergorian and started posting well thought out replies in his name

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Come on Xenyar, you should be better than to bash other players like that. As Ergorion already has said, the HoE are for exemplary CHARACTERS and anyone is capable of reaching that status with one of their characters based on exemplary rp, or pk, or a mix of both.

To me, one of the defining characteristics for the HoE has always been longevity. Doesn't matter if you get voted in based on pk or rp or mixed, it has to be done for a prolonged period of time. I feel most people can have great bursts of either in a short span of time and obviously be truly great, but it's the longevity that tends to stay memorable in most people's minds long after they die. Being on the top 5 pk list for a year is alot more merit then doing it for 3 months, that really strikes the fear into people.

And yes, ultimately Imms should have the final say and I do agree with Xenyar there are some questionable entries in my opinion in the last year or so. However the playerbase input should also be highly considered. A resounding YES should be highly favored for an HoE move. If there's alot of distastes from many players with fair reasoning, I'd be hesitant to move to the HoE.

The HoE is your endgame status as a player, not only does it unlock some juicy perks but it should be characters you feel truly proud about a year or three later looking back at them. It really should be earned and not handed out for borderline candidates.

Last edited by Lorne on Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject:

I was being a bit hyperbolic but you're right I should not have mentioned their names specifically, as both players have had characters with potential for HOV if they stuck with it.. It is the character, not the player for HOE.
My bad furry and Oz.

My point is, we need to have a REAL VOTE for chars to get into the HOE. 2 votes and big Brothers opinion is not a HOE char.

Cast a vote, see if the char gets enough to get inducted. That's about as plain and old-fashioned of a voting system that there is. Davs vote counts as one vote, yours as one vote, mine as one vote, etc... VOTE people into the Halls? Isn't that what its suppose to be? Should be? Needs to be.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject:

This game has never been a democracy.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Nobody said it was, ergo.
The reason we need a consistent and structured method for HOE voting isn't just to protect the integrity of the Halls from the unworthy chars, but to solidify it's integrity by making sure the chars that DO deserve to be voted in, get in.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Imms don't select HoE, the players do. We just put in the characters that you tell us to put in. If you want to make the vote take place in a formal poll, I'm all for it.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject:

I hate the thought of having a voting poll since people have so many account, if they love/hate someone they can sway it either way. Some make them for each character they have. Others just wanna try to hide who they are.

I like the thought of waiting a month before anyone can even consider it. I really don't like seeing some of the names we have with other names that were just legendary characters. I think if people say their general goodbyes to the characters and wait, it might help.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject:

There are so many ways people get negative feedback from this game. They get pk'ed, disrespected on the forums, flamed in the graveyard, people post logs of killing them to rub it in. And as Imms goes, look at all the tools we have that are designed to bust multi. Slays, denys, bans, and we literally strip your rares for not playing the game enough. There's plenty of ways to experience negativity.

We have ONE, in my opinion, ONE extremely positive way at recognizing a player is elite, and that's the HoE. I reserve the exclusive right to throw people back out. And I will tell you that nobody is being thrown out. You can debate amongst yourselves a way to arrive at a nomination but realize that you're just being supportive. You don't get a NO vote. You get either a YES vote or shut the fuck up. There will never be a system of voting on HoE that allows a No vote, because it completely misses the fucking point.

1 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Unfuckingbelievable. You're missing the point. ITS A GOD DAMN "VOTE". Chars VOTED on by the people. A vote is an option, Not just yes or shut the fuck up cause Dav says so. You are completely incorrect, Davairus, 100%, dead ass wrong.
A vote means there is an option of more than one choice.
Well guess what Dav, look at the pole. You are in the minority. Honestly, you are all by yourself. Look around dav, people want something other than your opinion.

VOTE

noun
1. a formal expression of opinion or choice, either positive or negative, made by an individual or body of individuals.

0 1
boo,
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject:

There is no vote. You guys made that whole thing up. The only thing on the logboard is cheer boo yawn and people typing +1 hoe because they go on reddit or something. I created the HOE and I created the cheer boo yawn too for that matter. I didnt put in a +1 hoe function. You are mising the point of it. For that matter there is no difference between a cheer and a boo as far as measuring a reaction goes

If you are an emissary and +1 Hoe, I will pay attention. That is the extent of clout the playerbase has with it, I dont give a shit if beia posts -1 Hoe as a matter of fact I just yellow carded him for it to help me remember to ignore him

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

We need something with structure and consistency in place for HOE. Simple as that. Right now its all over the board and there is plenty of people here that agree with that. Hell, whether you admit it or not, you probably agree with that.
Why is something that's suppose to be for the Elite and the highest of highest praises suppose to have literally no foundation or system in place for inducting people into that? That's crazy to me. Having a voting system IS the best way for it to be done. Not, "Well gee golly, in my opinion there is enough yeses for me to move them to HOE." How much is "enough yesses"? At which point do YOU decide alright its time to move them to HOE? That is nothin less than inconsistent.

For the sake of the Integrity of HOE, it is wise to have a voting system in place to make sure the people that DO deserve to get in, get in, at the very least. Hell, create an "Honorable Mention" section for chars that fell short of the required votes to get inducted. I don't know if I am actually a fan of that...but anyways...Anything other than what we got goin on now...

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject:

we don't need to create systems where systems aren't needed

you get into the HoE by being a character that has a significant impact on the game world. The game world only exists in the brains of the players.

Applying the #exalted label to a tombstone only makes the post show up in the HoE graveyard. It doesn't mark the player's account as Elite or make them an Elite in the forum. Any of the emissaries can mark a tombstone #elite. This should only be done when consensus has been reached in the discussion on the tombstone. Only an immortal can finalize the decision to mark a character elite.

However, the immortal does not choose who is elite. The entire community makes a judgement call.

We will not be changing a judgement call into "get N votes"

There is no name on this page that doesn't belong: http://abandonedrealms.com/players/halls_of_exalted/

0 0 0
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: