Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 14 hours.

Cabal path open pk zones
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject: Cabal path open pk zones

I preferred being able to pvp anyone walking on your cabal path, not just those in your PK range or carrying your item.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:18 am    Post subject:

I think open PK areas are bad unless you get off on bottom feeding 35's on their retrieval march of death. We didn't have open pk cabal paths back in the day. They got added sometime later.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

Is there something missing that is making you say this Ceridwel? Because I definitely remember an incident where I saw a newbie wander into the sepulcher and a Legion just recalled and instant killed him and he quit the game and never came back.
Seems like PK range around drop/pick up cabal items shouldn't flip off so easily maybe?

1 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject:

I mean, I see where both arguments come from. It sucks not being able to defend against someone invading your cabal if you are underleveled. At the same time, Opening the area to PK would really suck and I can only think of like a 1% chance that would be beneficial.

I mean, once they grab an item they are open to PK. But it would be nice to be able to push people off the guardian somehow, if you're online and wanting to. I recall as one of my first Justices, Vertas was invading and I just sat at the guardian trying to heal it up as he attacked. Sleep on tick but spam heals. It sucked. But I think that's the benefit of being a pinnacle. You should be able to do this stuff(prevent people from leveling/gearing/etc...) Most people go through it and I love that it's part of the game. It sucks when this random person insta levels to 50 and shits on everyone, but most people should have to go through the "gauntlet". Some people will always get lucky(AKA have their friend powerlevel them).

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject:

I don't think you should be allowed to PK anyone in the path. MAYBE a comprise is IN the cabal...even then I'm not fully sold.

I've had many newbs walk into the Warlord cabal accidentally. I don't think its cool to walk up to them and slam them to death when they're just walking around to explore.

0 0 0
Vertas

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Newbie flag doesn't allow for PK on cabal paths? That seems like an easy fix
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:21 am    Post subject:

I’ll clarify my ask - if someone outside your PK is at or beyond your guild guardian you should be able to fight with them. I get the problem with noobs walking one room into the alarm zone and getting whacked and that’s not what I meant. Sorry.

@Olyn remember there is no more march of death for defending young cabal members because the need to defend before 50 was removed for all cabals.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject:

What's the point of having open pk zone there if it isn't for the capture/reclaim mechanic? The only reason I see is to pound clueless noobs.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject:

I completely get where yhe complaint is. it's because having to defend was completely removed before level 50 but some low level people at like 40 who can't find a group might be bored and want to try to retrieve to make themselves look better and ease some boredom. there choice. now the level 50 in the cabal who is on has no choice but to defend. so this little nothing can invade and completely annoying the level 50 who can do nothing but wait for him to pick up An item. than he can annttack. I've been where ceridwel is and have sat there super annoyed by people ot of my range invading even though the rules state they shouldn't be getting involved in cabal warfare... I've also been the little gnat annoying the older kids lol so I completely get where this is coming from.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Reality check:

Kedaleam said "it sucks not being able to defend your cabal if you're underleveled"

that's not true. What sucks is defending your cabal when you're underleveled. You have no meaningful chance to affect a fight when you're lower than level 46. This is called a "death march" and if anyone finds it fun please raise your hand now

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Uhhh. I think I was typing before thinking things through. In the end I think I said it wouldn’t do any good and wouldn’t work. Also stated I like having the death march/gauntlet.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject:

hmm I guess all this stuff is shades of grey and people have different preferences. I thought we really nailed this one down last time. I was pretty cool with just coming down and personally kicking the shit out of people who act like dicks on the path as an imm

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:51 am    Post subject:

Tayyah basically nailed it, this is why I bring it up.

Since we removed the requirement for <50s to defend/retrieve, there is no more death march. This was an excellent change IMHO. Please leave as is.

The thing is, there will be times where a <50 wants to defend but they have to wait until the other guy is holding their item. That sucks. The flip side of the coin is when you're a 50 and some punk out of your range is being a pest, or worse, actually trying to cap your item. Same thing - you have to wait until they're holding the item. Lame.

Thus I suggest making each cabal's door guardian's room, and everything past it into the cabal proper, an open pk area. Sorry I didn't explain myself better earlier, have fat-fingering it out on my phone all weekend.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:31 am    Post subject:

It sounds like youre saying you literally can't defend your cabal from people outside of PK range. Is that right? So like, if you were a level 35 legion and I was a level 50 knight right now, you could capture the cross without being attacked by me.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:48 am    Post subject:

that is somewhat correct, you have to sit there and wait until they kill down the guardian and than grab the item, than you could attack. but you have to sit there and wait for them to kill it, sometimes they dont, they give it half way and leave and you have sat there for no reason for ten minutes while some dink just wasted your time.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:59 am    Post subject:

OK, well we could have a 10 second warning before you get put into PK for sure. I think the problem with newbies was they wander in and have no chance or clue what is happening. But if its popping up bright red:

BEWARE! YOU HAVE INTRUDED ON A CABAL AREA. LEAVE AT ONCE OR YOUR PK RANGE WILL BE OPENED TO ALL.

That to me would say gtfo, immediately. And then of course it would take ten seconds to wear off.

I think picking up any cabal item maybe do the same.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject:

Or they just need to flee out of the cabal, at which time their pk range gets put back to normal....

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject:

or attacking the sepulcher guard is what applies the free pk

anything else is going to be abused

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject:

That doesn’t help a <50 wanting to defend a captured item from a guy out of his PK range.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Not dismissing your abuse concern though... can you explain it a bit more?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: