Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 15 hours.

stream viewing to find people during pk
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

should viewing the stream to find where people hide during pk be against the rules
yes
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
no
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:53 am    Post subject: stream viewing to find people during pk

stream viewing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject:

Well, those who care about being streamed have the "nostream" command available to them. I don't see why this is a big deal.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject:

If it is possible, it is absolutely a big deal. It's OOC to affect IC.

That being said, I don't think it is possible to do, but I'm not 100% about that.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject:

There is an existing command to stop your character from being streamed. As mentioned before, it's called NOSTREAM. The system is designed so you can opt out.

For those that don't opt out, the stream is on a 5 minute delay to reduce the impact of players snooping on their opponents. I also think that the stream stops following you after a very brief amount of time.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject:

yea 5 minute delay isn't really helpful, i noticed during one of my recent pk events that no matter where i hide in serin he found me, not right away but after about 5 minutes or so. so i assumed they were using stream to track me down and sure as shit i looked at the stream after the battle and it literally showed where i went and hid. In my opinion this is very trashy way to pk because it isn't winning by skill but winning by cheating in my eyes. since then ive stopped the stream on my characters but i wish there was a way to put a hammer to people who do this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject:

If I thought my opponent was using the stream, I'd probably use that to my advantage and bait him. Or use nostream.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject:

i was trying to get a way and sleep to re-engage i lost them multiple times and magically they found me like out of ALL the places in serin to look for someone after they have been lost while trying to track you magically just so happen to know exactly where to look?? thats trash

0 0 0
ottif

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

lol the stream. next you'll be telling me how unfair it is the log you posted 2 days ago is telling your opponent where you're at.

why are you even sitting in one place for 5 minutes if you're trying to avoid combat anyway. smh I'm just waiting for someone to say the stream idles after 3 minutes of no combat not 5 minutes so you can find another straw to grasp

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject:

seems like a landslide vote for yes? how do you enforce this? seems to me that if you think it should be against the rules the only real clear fix is to remove the stream. my only suggestion that I wouldn't be upset about is that it defaults to on currently. change that to defaults to off and you have to opt in to being streamed.

1 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

lol i feel like the only people who don't want it to be against the rules are the same people using it. that is a great idea tayyah it should be an option to have it turned on not the other way around of turning it off.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:

We could always just increase the stream delay to like 15 mins.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Yeah. I would vote for increasing stream delay. I do all my character no_stream because of this exact reason. Honestly, I would say a half hour delay on the stream would be the sweet spot.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject:

I agree with Tayyah's points.

I was against the main website showing cabal items captured time when the idea was first thrown about for similar reasons (namely, ruining immersion by adding elements outside the game which might influence in-game actions), but in general... If a feature makes AR more fun for a majority and can't be abused, I'm all for it.

I never really considered the idea Olyn brought up of letting people stream you then bait them when it becomes obvious... It's definitely an option however.

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject:

I find it really odd that more people, especially Immortals, are not vocally opposed to something that is in the rules. No OOC. This is as OOC as it comes, for affecting something that is in game.

As far as "Don't wait in one spot for five minutes." That really doesn't have anything to do with anything. If you have a spot (which I have a few that I use, where I have not been found) which allows you to stay stationary to heal, or re group, why are we punishing that with an 'opt out' function?

I think 15-30 minute delay is a good place to be.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

it's kinda hard to not stay in one place for 5 minutes if you're trying to heal and regain your mental powers or health.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject:

You only need to stop moving for a couple of seconds to "catch a tick" of sleep.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject:

what I can't believe is no one is complaining about the real issue. gang bangs. its what I would miss the most if any changes. the draw of people seeing other people fighting and log in to have a bigger group fight. That is what I thought the big issue would actually be. not the tracking. tracking seems actuallybsolutely trivial to me because I never ever sit still. that's pk 101. I sit still when I run to some very very very far obscure place to quit. that's it. if I'm just running and pking I rest for 2 hours move 15 seconds. rest for an hour. catching that tick. move two areas. rest for an hour. recall. move again. I think even 3 minutes is enough delay for me to throw off the stream. I do what Olyn says. I will walk in a certain direction for a bit and change. than change again. knowing the stream had me going one way before it stops following me. All of this said. I have only ever turned off the stream I think on one major character

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:08 pm    Post subject:

i just no stream from now on which is a bummer

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Olyn, not everyone is an elite tick manager. For the moderate to noobish pk'er, getting away is an accomplishment and they should be able to rest up in a faraway land if they shake their attacker.

I think some of you forget what it's like to be a newer player and while it is easy for you to say "keep on moving and just sleep for the 4 second tick zone" a lot of newer players would find that difficult.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject:

ive been here for over 10 years and still don't know how long it is between hours.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: