Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 10 hours.

RexAxles AR Mudlet GUI, Triggers, and Aliases
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rexaxle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:01 am    Post subject: RexAxles AR Mudlet GUI, Triggers, and Aliases

I got super busy some years back with fatherly duties & moving & work stuff - basically Everything Everywhere All At Once. Came back recently to see that some folks had been interested in the old GUI and that it was no longer available. Spent some time recently building out a new and improved one (it really is better than the original) with better captures and GMCP/MSDP/variable usage. Post any feedback.

This package was built and so far only tested on my Mac 14 inch, so curious if it works cross platform.

I wasn't sure what file service would permanently store any of the files I make or update, so I just put it in my google drive and made it shareable to anyone with the link. Enjoy!

Typing `gui.help` in game will provide a lot of other information about some of these commands.

Code:
Commands:
gui.help                   Show help
gui.list                   Display this list of aliases by itself
clear.chat                 Clear chat windows
clear.main                 Clear main window
clear.rooms                Clear saved rooms
clear.timer <desc>         Remove a single timer based on desc
clear.timers               Clear saved timers
find.room <vnum>           Auto navigate to a room by id
get.aff                    Get the current affect list to easily copy
get.def                    Get the current defense abilities list to easily copy
get.off                    Get the current offense abilities list to easily copy
map.zoom <num>             Zoom the map to the desired amount, larger num zooms out
pages.areas                Open the AR Areas page in your browser
pages.classes              Open the AR Classes page in your browser
pages.codex                Open the AR Codex page in your browser
pages.forum                Open the AR Forum page in your browser
pages.races                Open the AR Races page in your browser
path.find                  Follow the highlighted path (no target necessary)
q.w                        Quickwalk via highlighted path to the set in game `target` (only NPCs)
save.room <desc>           Save a room with a description why, to later be retrieved
save.timer <num> <desc>    Save a timer in seconds with a desc (for minutes pass `m`, ex: 10m)
search.room <name>         Searches for rooms based on part of Room Name
set.aff <list>             Track this comma separated list of affect:command
set.def <list>             Set a comma separated list of skills/spells to see in config
set.fontSize <box> <num>   Set the font size for box:
                           group | score | affects | bottom | minimap | exits
                           messages | config | inventory | roomdesc
set.off <list>             Set a comma separated list of skills/spells to see in config
set.offhand <name>         Set your offhand weapon for use in auto wielding after disarm
set.shield <name>          Set your shield for use in auto wielding after disarm
set.tick <num>             Set your own tick seconds variable (default is 25)
set.weapon <name>          Set your weapon for use in auto wielding after disarm
show.aff                   Display the list of tracked affects and UP or DOWN status
show.area <area>           Shows the area (world|area name) either in Messages or a popup box
show.areas                 Display all area names that can be used in `show.area <name>`
show.kills                 Display number of counted kills
show.rooms                 Display rooms that have been saved
show.tick                  Display tick seconds variable
show.timers                Show all of the saved timers in a table
stop.walk                  Stop speedwalking
toggle.alive               Toggle keep session alive (sends `who | where` each minute)
toggle.attack              Toggle auto attacking (not murder) your set in game `target`
toggle.flee                Toggle whether to go back to in game `target` after fleeing
toggle.fontResize          Toggle whether to use font resizing with window resize
toggle.gui <box>           Toggle whether to display box: left | right | bottom | info
toggle.kills               Toggle counting number of kills
toggle.murder              Toggle auto murdering your set in game `target`
toggle.qw                  Toggle Quickwalk (`qw` will only enable it on a temporary timer)
toggle.swap                Toggle whether to swap left or right gui window
toggle.tick                Toggle tick timer on/off
toggle.tickSleep           Toggle auto sleep on tick approaching and wake on tick
toggle.track               Toggle auto tracking to set in game `target` (only NPCs)
toggle.wield               Toggle auto grab and wield weapon after being disarmed
up.aff                     Sends commands to put any tracked aff DOWN affect (with shortcut) back UP

Features:
* Save your configuration settings via a DB so they are loaded in
* Full Map (via Map button at top of Mudlet)(DL map below)
* Minimap window
* Tick Timer
* Kill Counter
* Auto Attack Creature
* Auto Murder Target
* Lots of GMCP and MSDP variable usage
* Resizing
* HP/MANA/MOVES Gauges
* font resizing
* Affects Tracker
* Flee / Re Enter alias
* And more

Notes:
* I use the tick timer while levelling or fighting, it's very useful
* I often use the QW or path.find logic while questing or looking for NPCs that move
* It's a work in progress, post any errors/screenshots you might encounter
* I have only tested on a MAC 14 inch

example of how to use affects tracking:
set.aff  devote:devote,detect invis:dinv,armor:armo,bless:bles,inspiring presence:insp,holy armor,monster
turning,protection creature

You are able to see the `requesting` hours ticking down in the affects window after requesting an item, kind of nice.

Download mpackage:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JVDwF1obvmtoU3IUrjO4YM-hFh3p8_rj/view?usp=sharing

Download map:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B5A48MFxDAgceJ-GDfkyXo-CKI44rsCX/view?usp=sharing

To add the map go to Mudlet -> Preferences -> Mapper -> Load another map file in -> and then select the location of the download .dat (or even move it into the profile)

Screenshots:
https://ibb.co/MRjTk9m
https://ibb.co/rmhJMmS
https://ibb.co/2cZKTRs
https://ibb.co/7rX18Rw
https://ibb.co/4PCyrBN
https://ibb.co/9qmV4BG
https://ibb.co/z5my0Dx
https://ibb.co/TPCd3zP
https://ibb.co/SB5c933
https://ibb.co/9WCgQj9
https://ibb.co/kHZs6RV
https://ibb.co/yFLWFvp
https://postimg.cc/5j7VB8nf
https://postimg.cc/G9hRTXPM

Code:

Help Information:

Just a quick note. All of these aliases are just extra tools to help you. Be smart and
keep track of what you have enabled, especially with tracking and auto murder/attack. It doesn't
take very long to get used to each alias.

Map:
The minimap is located at the bottom left (by default). The map can be made visible
by clicking the `Map` button at the top. It requires a map data file to have been loaded in.
Load in the provided map data file (.dat) to use. It will be docked by default, but can
be floated. The window will resize to compensate. Use `map.zoom <num>` to change the zoom
level, and using higher numbers will zoom out. Double clicking on a room will output
directions to the screen. The `find.room <vnum>` will work with the IDs seen in the map.

Info:
For best experience it helps to disable `automap` in game. There is resizing logic
for the boxes. If you enable it, then font sizes can be resized automatically also. For the
tick timer you will most likely need to let one TICK go by before it is effective and starts
displaying TICK APPROACHING messages. There is a logging button by default for Mudlet at the
bottom right, to the right of the tape cassette, the folder with a down arrow.
In order for you to set the font size correcly, `toggle.fontResize`
needs to be disabled. Then you use `set.fontSize <box> <num>` for any boxes size.
Using the minimap while fleeing (without `toggle.flee` set) then it helps to manually
see the direction you fled in, and `toggle.flee` works on players.

Config:
All of the variables in the other section can be set with its respective alias. Each of the
variables under each section should update automatically when it is toggled or changed as well as
affecting whatever logic it should. The `set.weapon <name>`, `set.offhand <name>`,
and `set.shield <name>` aliases work with the `toggle.wield` alias.
Use the name for your weapon/shield/offhand that you would use if it were on the ground. If an
offhand is set, when main weapon is disarmed it will grab and wear and then dual the offhand.
If you don't give a name for any of the variables, but still have `toggle.wield` enabled,
then it will fall back to `g 1.;;wear 1.` for that respective slot (ex: main
weapon is set but shield is not, so enemy disarms your shield and the fallback is used).
(different use case: you are dual wielding but don't have `offhand` set, and enemy disarms your
main weapon | main weapon is grabbed and wielded and the offhand is left in the inventory). Clear
them by not passing a <name> in the alias. The `set.off <list>` and `set.def <list>`
are used to add text under either `Offense Abilities` or `Defense Abilities` for you to easily
recall anything that may be helpful in the moment. You can pass in ansi color tags to set the
colors for easier recognition (ex: `set.off kick,bash`). Clear them by not
passing <list> in the alias.

Affects Tracker:
The affects list passed in with `set.aff <list>` needs to be comma separated.
The affect given in the list must be spelled correctly in order to be tracked. To also pass in
the shortcut alias for the affect you are tracking then include a colon (ex: `armor:armo`) and
shortcut with your affect so that it can be also be put back up during `up.aff`.
An easy process to follow in order to put all affects up is to initially `set.aff <list>`
and then use `up.aff`. Use `get.aff` to retrieve your list for easy copying.

Quickwalk:
Only works with NPCs. First set your in game `target` and you have to be in the
same area as them, and then simply `q.w` to start moving toward them. If the yellow
exit direction indication goes away then you'll need to type `qw` again to keep moving
toward them. Basically continuously `q.w` as much as you need or want to get close to or
all the way to your target. Use in conjuection with `toggle.attack` to kill the target.

Path Find:
`path.find` works with any highlighted yellow path.

Tracking:
Only works with NPCs. First set your in game `target` and you have to be in the same area as them.
Tracking (`toggle.track`) will continuously look for and move toward your `target`.
If you are attacked then it will not attempt to flee or interrupt that process
(that's up to you), but upon seeing the death message then tracking will continue.
It will also attempt to unlock and open a door that is blocking your way. You need
to be smart while using the tracking feature. Probably don't use it in an area that
creatures are going to autoattack you, or maze like areas, or any area that's more dangerous
than usual. If for any reason something interrupts the tracking process and you are stopped
in a room, then using the `q.w` alias will help to continue the tracking process.
Use in conjuction with `toggle.attack` to kill the target. It will also attempt
to unlock door/open door/move that direction and if fails you will need to deactivate and take over.

Search / Finding Room by ID:
In order to begin using the find room alias, you first need to `search.room <name>`.
Once you have identified the room ID from this list (if the room is found), then it
should be used in the corresponding `find.room <vnum>` alias. Finding a room by id
with alias `find.room <vnum>` (ex: find.room 4501) will speedwalk to the destination if
it is found within the Map.dat file and is not behind a void area. Any obstacles along
the way should stop the speedwalk and allow you to get past the obstacle and then you can
use the same find room alias to continue or take over yourself. Manually stop with `stop.walk`.
Rooms that are behind special doors (ex: doorway, portal, etc) act as if behind a void.
HINT: Click on a room in the map to see the VNUM for anywhere.

Saving Rooms:
To save a room use the alias `save.room <desc>` and give an appropriate description. Retrieve
the saved rooms with the `show.rooms` alias. Input the respective room ID into the alias
`find.room <vnum>` in order to quickly navigate back to the saved room. Clear all of the
saved rooms with the `clear.rooms` alias.

Saving Timers:
To save a timer use the alias `save.timer <num> <desc>` and give the time in seconds
and an appropriate description for retrieval later. Once a timer has completed then a message:
`Timer: (desc) has completed` will be displayed. To see all saved timers
then use the `show.timers` alias, which will output them in table format. Completed timers
are not removed from the list so that way you can recall the timer and location when viewing,
and they will show `completed=true` in the table. To remove a single timer from the list use
`clear.timer <desc>` or you can clear all timers with `clear.timers`.

Showing Areas:
Use `show.areas` to display all areas that can be used with `show.area <name>`.
`show.area <name>` will show the area map from the website if it is available. Any map not available
will show a message in the `Messages` box. Check the website for comparison. The world map display
looks just like the one on the website but with a few spacing issues, not too bad. The area will
either show in a popup box or in the `Messages` box.

Last edited by rexaxle on Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:14 pm; edited 62 times in total

1 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:20 am    Post subject:

I formatted it I think as best I can, made a bunch of edits to get spacing down. Using list and /list for that because I couldnt figure out if there was a way to just indent or tab content out - list and /list adds that extra spacing.

So I understand that this has a lot going on in it. Windows on left and right + tabs with either MSDP data updating dynamically or screen captures updating it. It's a bit crude since its mostly text for everything instead of more guages to show things. It was tough to try and fit everything I wanted into it and I already have more ideas for how to improve it (who list could be wider probably, regex captures ive seen that can be improved, colors, messages being grabbed, etc). Stay tuned for updates and please post issues here because I want to fix stuff. When you are posting an issue, idea, or anything, if you could include a link to a screenshot to better help get your point across then I think that would really help. I used imgbb free public image upload service - there are lots though.

Definitely would like some layout suggestions.

Last edited by rexaxle on Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:08 pm; edited 3 times in total

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject:

Try looking up BBCode with regards to indenting?

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Version 1.1 released

(old post no longer valid)

Last edited by rexaxle on Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject: 1.2 Coming Soon

Just curious, has anyone had the chance to use this and does anyone like it?

Again please post any requests/bugs & issues/ideas if you have some, thanks.

Last edited by rexaxle on Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject:

To be honest I hadn't realized you had edited the original post with so much updates. I'll install and check it out ASAP, I wasnt sure whether it was me but none of the screenshots loaded so I got nothing else to say yet, but the feature list looks goddamn awesome.

0 0 0
Dalero

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:19 pm    Post subject:

I'm setting this up and I'll take it with me when I go on vacation so I can give it a good critique. Prior experience is only zmud and the web client currently.

First thought, I've enabled everything you put up, score tab, not sure what it's supposed to do, but it's blank for me.

Request- when full room descriptions are turned on you see that mini map. I'd love for that to be in a tabbable window, I use it to navigate, even if it is a crutch.

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:01 am    Post subject:

Did you go into Preferences and "Enable MSDP", Dalero? When the [INFO] MXP Enabled message pops up once you login to AR, then that should trigger starting the MSDP capture. If you have disabled MXP in AR and the message doesn't appear then I added an alias "_init" that you can type and it will start MSDP capture manually.

0 0 0
Dalero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:38 am    Post subject:

Yea, I followed your instructions. had to use the manual initialization. Score tab still didn't populate for me. Inventory and EQ did, as did the chat. Didn't get a chance to look into the other stuff yet.

*edit again* I just realized that that MDSP wasn't enabled on this tab. oops!

Everything seems to be working nicely now!

*edit yet again for idea*

I don't see anywhere on the HUD where your ***target*** variable would be. Maybe under the score window would be a good place for it?

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

Fuck Yeah!!!! I'm so glad you were able to get it working lol. Cool, np I will definitely add target into the Combat tab. I have already made some pretty sweet changes to the combat tab coming out in 1.2, but have not yet added that. Thank you!

0 0 0
Dalero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

there a way to resize the windows a bit in the GUI? I'd like to have the tabs and information screens smaller and the main window larger.

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Last edited by rexaxle on Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Version 1.2 Released

Last edited by rexaxle on Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:08 am; edited 4 times in total

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Just for curiosity's sake, I'd like to ask something...

What kind of logging system does the client have? Is it possible to create logs as a sort of video stream and then replay them offline?

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Setup for logging can be done in Mudlet -> Preferences. At the bottom there you can adjust where logs are saved and select a format to save them in from the dropdown. At the bottom right of the client you can choose to start logging game output to a file, which will log output to a ".txt" file in a location you chose. There is another option at the bottom right to start to "Record a replay", which will save to a ".dat" file in the mudlet profiles log folder. I'm not quite sure about the ".dat" replay file that is saved, I will have to test and play with it.

As far as creating a replay mechanism/functionality, I could probably build something like that out.

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Last edited by rexaxle on Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Version 1.2 updated now to include Emerald Forest in the map. Updated the GUI/Scripts download link and the mapping feature areas list in the main post. Enjoy.

0 0 0
Nycticora

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:15 am    Post subject:

I guess I have to try this now, will report back with experience if I can get it working.

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Very interested in anyone's experience using this. Would like to know what you like about it, what you hate, what you would like to see, who is even using it, etc. I have a lot of ideas (way more than what's listed as planned for 1.3). One of those ideas would be to add some functionality to get a list of logs from the server, setup a clickable link for each item that would temporarily download the log for display inside of Mudlet, and setup an auto-scrolling mechanism for the logs (would be configurable and if set to false then would just load the entire thing).

0 0 0
Dalero

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:29 am    Post subject:

I’m on vacation with the family so my time is pretty erratic right now. I’ll take another crack at it when I have some down time.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: