Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 3 hours.

RexAxles AR Mudlet GUI, Triggers, and Aliases
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rexaxle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:08 am    Post subject:

Nice! That's not bad, good enough to use to start to get something going. Is that a hard limit on the 3 being sent due to text constraints? Here's what we have right now for example:

typing "quest" returns:
Code:

1. Goblin extermination (Level 4 - Seringale)
 [   ] - Collect six goblin trophies and give them to the exterminator. (0/6)
2. Guild initiation (Level 5 - Goblin Village)
 [   ] - Prove your worth to Cavan by killing all the goblin guards.
3. Goblinator (Level 5 - The Miden'nir)
 [   ] - Kill common goblins (1/3)
 [   ] - Kill small goblins (0/8)
 [   ] - Kill goblin guards (0/8)
4. Fillet this! (Level 3 - The Miden'nir)
 [   ] - Find Horga in the Slaughtered Lamb Inn.

msdp.QUESTOR returns:
Code:

QUESTOR = { { {
        position = "1",
        steps = { {
            done = "0",
            instruction = "Collect six goblin trophies and give them to the exterminator.",
            qty = "6"
          } },
        title = "Goblin extermination"
      }, {
        position = "2",
        steps = { {
            done = "0",
            instruction = "Prove your worth to Cavan by killing all the goblin guards."
          } },
        title = "Guild initiation"
      }, {
        position = "3",
        steps = { {
            amt = "1",
            done = "0",
            instruction = "Kill common goblins",
            qty = "3"
          }, {
            done = "0",
            instruction = "Kill small goblins",
            qty = "8"
          }, {
            done = "0",
            instruction = "Kill goblin guards",
            qty = "8"
          } },
        title = "Goblinator"
      } } },

If there is a text limit, then (even though it is not as good) maybe only the quest names could be sent back in MSDP.QUESTOR? Would it be any better (or possible) if it came from GMCP? Or maybe just returning the currently `tracked` quest is a fair trade off if the full ilst is not available.

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Buckle up, buckaroos

Code:

NEW UPDATE!

I just updated the download on the original post! Lots of new updates and features included in that post. Added a lot of things, improved the GUI styling, and fixed a lot of things in terms of regex captures and other little things I noticed behind the scenes as I was developing. It appears to be pretty stable and consistent. I hope everyone enjoys. There's a lot going on here and I think it enhances the experience. Let me know if you see anything off. Please take screenshots. You can use as little or as much makes sense to you alias wise, even without alias usage there's a lot going on for you window wise.

2 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:28 am    Post subject:

ok we can try adding more but it might cause a buffer overflow server-side, but returning the tracked quest does sounds like a decent alternative. just let me recover from the previous code binge and then ill look.

1 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:50 am    Post subject:

I didn't notice before that using `where <player>` doesn't highlight the path yellow, so that changes the TRACKING / QUICKWALK / FLEE & RE-ENTER capability. It seems to only highlight where NPCs are, so that still works. Also there is logic that in the tracking that will follow the target if they flee, so that will work on a player. I will have to think about it how a player tracking might work (if at all) since their path isn't highlighted.

Last edited by rexaxle on Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
dead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:13 am    Post subject:

The 'group font size' doesn't change anything.

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:29 am    Post subject:

Nice, thanks for calling that out dead - looked and I had set it up, but completely just forgot to add its font variable to the group update. Just fixed and it will be out with next release.

Other than that I decided that I wanted to give a crack at the mapping also and created a script that is working pretty well for me. It's a big work in progress obviously as each area needs to be mapped. I imagine the first release of it will be all the easily accessible areas and rooms and then over time as I have characters capable I can add some harder to get to places.

Screenshot:
https://ibb.co/jgYR91t

Last edited by rexaxle on Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:04 am    Post subject:

rexaxle the player yellow road tracking is still applicable with paladins hunt evil skill, just a fyi.

0 0 0
dead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:33 am    Post subject:

I have no intention of creating a map for anyone other then myself, the goal was to have a functional mapper for people to use if they wished. A huge part of the fun is exploring. I mean, I found a new room in SERINGALE because I was exploring for the first time in ages.

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:43 pm    Post subject:

The TRACK/QUICKWALK is just going to be for NPCs basically, but it will still work in any scenario where the path is highlighted yellow. It still works well if you are quickwalking to any npc or if you need to track a moving npc like the panicked bard. I'll probably change the flee & re-enter logic so it can be used for PKing. (will update the help info for those in the next release.

I'm feeling pretty good about the mapping, it isn't that bad with the script features I have in place. It will be a dockable or floatable window and I'm going to give the ability to hide the LEFT or RIGHT GUI windows if you feel you don't want to see any of that. And I'm going to make sure certain settings are saved so that if you close / quit out of Mudlet that on re-load it will use those settings (ex: Right / Left gui show / hide status)

Screenshot:
https://ibb.co/gg0VtWJ

Last edited by rexaxle on Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:31 pm    Post subject:

rexaxle, in the other mapper thread dead has just posted , it shows that you can have the room colorized based on the terrain, which is cool, and not a heavy lift, its MSDP_TERRAIN or gmcp.room.info.terrain , definitely looks cooler with the terrain from my point of view. of course I made the in game ascii map so you already know my biases.

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Good call - I hadn't looked at his, but that's a great addition. Going to work that in. Nice work, dead.

I've had a lot of good ideas on how to further improve the GUI setup. Going to clean it up a lot and only show auto updateable info (instead of captures all over the place). Going to try and make all the boxes configurable as possible too

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:35 pm    Post subject:

HUGE Update!

I think the best thing to do to install the new package is to first click on the Packages button at the top of Mudlet and then remove the existing package, then install the new package and select it from the downloaded location.

- Added saving your configuration settings via a DB so they are loaded in
- Removed all of the captures (who/eq/where) and updated layout
- Added configuration to hide/show each side and to swap left/right
- Created a map .dat file available for download
- To add the map go to Mudlet -> Preferences -> Mapper -> Load another map file in -> and then select the location of the download .dat (or even move it into the profile)
- I decided based on some information I had gleaned in other posts that it's probably for the best to not have actual speedwalking capability as we want people to be used to the map & areas. To that end, I still added an output to the screen with directions to a room (from where you are) if you double click on it.
- Lots of fixes and stability updates
- Let me know if anything looks off or works incorrectly
- I mapped MOST areas and rooms, but there are some rooms in areas I couldn't map quite yet due to character, and there are some areas I know I didn't map (I know I didn't get cabals or underworld or winter) (and some I probably don't know about)

The Bottom boxes are the hp / mana / moves gauges & above that is an Info box I added. It is dynamic and will either show some info out of combat, or will update while in combat to show Weapon Type and Combat style on the left, and tank Name / hp on the right and will show a small tip based on type/style (ex: `use segment type` or `use defensive style`). It can be hidden with `toggle.gui.info` or the gauges can all be hidden with `toggle.gui.bottom`.

Trying to make it stable & look good & give everyone the options they need/want for the best experience. Hope everyone enjoys.

1 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Just in case anyone had grabbed it since I put it out last night, I noticed that the Tank logic in the bottom was slightly delayed at times. Saw that I hadn't subscribed to a couple of event variables and so fixed that up and put out a new download with that quick fix.

I also noticed that I apparently forgot to map upper Solace, so I'll update that in the next release of the map (as well as adding other rooms and things I missed I am sure).

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:00 pm    Post subject:

al this work is super appreciated rexaxle, thank you, its great having a cadillac AR mudlet client

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:25 pm    Post subject:

definitely trying to make it that way, we're up to a Honda at least

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:59 pm    Post subject: Help!

I've been trying to use this gui for Mudlet, but I can't seem to get rid of the AR gui. I've deleted the profile and saved as per Dav's suggestion. That didn't work. Im not very tech savvy so a bit of assistance would be appreciated.

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Nevermind, I think I got it figured out. Not sur why but the client didn't save my profile and it kept uninstalling the package for some reason.

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Hey, sounds like you got it figured out. I'm not sure what the end goal is for your setup (whether you are trying to keep an old package setup or something like that), but I think it's easy enough to export your own package to your desktop or where ever via the Package Manager dropdown at the top (have to select the down arrow for export option). Then you can always load back in that package (with your custom settings) after having deleted the existing package.

Mudlet has made it really easy to at the very least uninstall the package and then just close the program and re-open for a fresh start. Or for more involved situations, you can just delete all of the aliases/triggers/scripts/variables/timers for a fresh start.

Anyone can let me me know if you have an edge case and we'll figure that out.

0 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:48 pm    Post subject:

No package or map update here, just progress.

I have been making some notes based on things I have seen and any messages / comments folks have been kind enough to send my way. I am also trying to add in cool new stuff where I see the opportunity. One new feature I think will be great will be the ability to search for a room based on its name. So if you have found a great item that is held by some creature of some name in the Codex, then inputting that Room Name (into this future alias, ex: find.room "ROOM NAME") would either output directions or take you straight to the room desired (if there are many rooms named the same, then it would go to the first of them) (this is heavily based on a well developed Map.dat file).

It was kindly mentioned to me that it requires a little finnagling on re-open of Mudlet / re-load of the package in order to use your saved font sizes. Will have fix for this.

I have also noticed some other things like storms / IMMINENT DANGER will mess up data variables and so they need to be reported for again. Noticed a bug on my end where if you kill multiple things quickly (ex: via FIREBALL) it could DC you due to variable reports, have a fix for that now.

Going to add an alias to allow you to save a location with a description, ex: save.room 'Dismounted' and then you would be able to recall each save room via an alias and either auto navigate back to that room, or at the very least be given the room name (will be temporary, not saved to DB)

Going to add an alias to set timers with a description, ex: save.timer 240 'Druid Black Seed 3', and then also an alias to report on what timers are active or have expired (these will be temporary based on session play, not saved to DB)

Also trying to add more highlights of things on screen, and fix any issues I see.

Last edited by rexaxle on Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total

1 0 0
rexaxle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Code:

BIG UPDATE

Both `mpackage` and map `.dat` file updates and available on the main post.

You yourself will probably want to be accomodated with the Mudlet package manager as to feel comfortable with any install or delete that you make. It is easy enough to delete any existing packages or download them again, or even re-install latest Mudlet to get everything from the start. I have done my best (trying to get better) to ensure that the user experience is optimal while providing valuable information and commands. Definitely let me know if you see any flaws.

Code:

Be sure to look at the main post for files & aliases / features not mentioned here

I didn't add a clickable speedwalk, but in the end if you add logic for it then it's almost unavoidable that a user can go where they want if they are clever. So anyway, with this new `find.room <vnum>` alias, you can also just click on any room in the Map and see the VNUM and then use that to navigate to it.

Code:

- Map updates (visual fixes to some areas I had already mapped, and mapped some more that I had missed)
- Stability updates, various small fixes, small styling and color updates
- Fixed all the font-sizes to be loaded in correctly based on user setting
- Fixed affects tracking on the left to show (T) next to tracked affects
- Sorted players at top of Group box
- Fixed text being cut off in the Gauges when HP / Mana / Moves are very low
- Updated info in `rxa.help`

* New *
- added aliases to open areas / codex / classes / forum / races  web pages
- added alias to save a room with a description to later be checked on / back tracked to
- added alias to find a room by ID and navigate to the room (if it can be found)
- updated config & added Game info

The custom font size setting & setting it on reload of program is working great (it looks like) so you only have to set each box once and forget about it unless you want to re-adjust (and then there is always the font-resize toggle, but admittedly it is not well tested on anything larger than a 14 inch screen, would need some input if someone tests it). Also, don't forget there are a lot of combinations of GUI windows hide/show & swap configurations along with the Map to create a visual experience that is best for you.

If you do any custom aliases/triggers/scripts then I recommend putting them in your own unique folder (in each respective area) for easy export (via the Package Exporter) and then you can easily uninstall packages or even delete everything and still have your own without risking losing it.

EDIT: In case anyone had grabbed this when I put it out last night, I put out a small update for the package just now to move the name / title / race / class over to config box to give score more space, looks a lot better.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: