Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 10 hours.

Warlords and Keepers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject: Warlords and Keepers

Hi all. Just a quick question. It seems pretty clear where Legion, Justice, and Knights stand, but do both Warlords and Keepers walk the path of neutrality or can either of them also be good? I am guessing, though, you couldn't have a lawful Knight or Legion?

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject:

I am pretty sure Warlords can be good... There have definitely been evil Warlords in the recent past. As for Keepers, I am unclear on that; all I know is that a Keeper must be pledged to Virgil (there was once a berserker in the Keepers, and berserkers are chaotic only according to the help file).

As for lawful Knights and Legions, you hit it spot on I think. Duties would get in the way of obeying the laws eventually.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject:

I think stone giants can be be neutral berserkers. I'm pretty sure because the one I tried out couldn't use wild weapons. Thank you for the information!

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Hi Stiehl, your question is actually covered in the help files for both Keeper and Warlord. Please take a look and if those files aren't clear I'd be happy to update them.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Hi Ceridwel, I checked. Warlord shows requirements as:
Warlord Process
When an application has been received the next step in the induction process is an interview. This will be conducted by an experienced Warlord and will be formal so respectful behaviour is expected. The interview will cover several subjects, related to the entrance requirements of Warlord and its philosophy and history.
    You will be asked to orate your background history. Weak points will be brought up and questioned, strong points will be required to elaborate on.
    You will be asked why you want to join. Some of this will be covered in your application. If your reasons are not valid or desirable to the cabal, you will be asked for your other reasons.
    You will be asked why you feel worthy to join. Every Warlord must take pride in what he does, and of course, be assertive.
    Your knowledge of areas and weapons will be tested. The object here is to determine your weak points, so be as honest as you can when stating your limits. It might come back to haunt you.
    A test of the interviewer's choice. This may involve tracking speeds, catching up within the same area, races, it is often used to investigate any claims you might have made.

No mention of alignment restrictions there. Maybe we could update all cabal files to mention, specifically, what is allowed...or at least what is not.

0 0 0
    Ceridwel
    Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject:

HELP WARLORD (http://abandonedrealms.com/help/search.php?search=warlord) says:

Code:
    * Following a religion is required for Warlords.  Being pledged to Diocletian is preferable but not strictly enforced.

0 0 0
    Stiehl26

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

For the layman returning, and for any other new/returning players, that doesn't mean a lot since I am not sure what religion Diocletion follows without initiating another search and I guess it doesn't matter because it says preferable but not enforced. So I am guessing by that statement any alignments are available for Warlords? I hate messages because they can seem confrontational and I hope I am not coming across that way.

I am happy to write help files that you guys can just cut and paste into the website if you want? I have been spending a lot of time combing through this stuff. I can't access the game most times during work but can access the boards so derive my information from there.

I recognize that there are probably other priorities, so I would be happy to help with menial ones. If there is a helpfile template and people don't mind answering some questions I can just write something, give to you guys, you take a quick look and edit if need and post. I don't need any special access. That way, for those people who use web pages rather than the in-game client to get information, are just as up to date and can theorycraft correctly.

0 0 0
    Olyn
    Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject:

General Rule: You can play anything you want any way you want unless something says otherwise. For cabals, that means you're eligible to join with any combo that isn't prohibited in the helpfile. Keep in mind that cabal leaders, whether mortal or immortal, are given free reign to set their own policies and discrimination is often a perfectly acceptable use/abuse of their power. When in doubt, determine who's in charge and ask them.

The helpfiles on the website are drawn directly from the in-game helpfiles, making them identical.

0 0 0
    Ceridwel
    Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:05 am    Post subject:

You weren’t coming across as confrontational, yer all good dude.

0 0 0
    Lorne
    Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject:

Yep, Olyn said it the best. If it isn't prohibited in the helpfile, they you are free to apply and see where your application takes you. Just to be clear, applying does not mean acceptance. Cabals is and always will be a privilege.

For Warlords, the current accepted guilds are warriors, berserkers, rangers and monks. Other guilds can apply but you have to be EXCEPTIONAL for entry. A thief tried to apply once, he never made the cut.

0 0 0
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: