Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 15 hours.

Q4 2019 Balance Patch Notes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject: Q4 2019 Balance Patch Notes

The Q4 2019 Balance Patch is now live!

As is our tradition for Q4 patches, these updates primarily come from the forum wishlist thread and your open issue tickets in-game. The source of every change is labeled below as either Wishlist (WL), Open Issue (OI), or Immortal Decree (ID). Thanks to everyone who contributed this time around.

- Olyn

Cabals
======
[WL] Justice now gets cabal currency from sacrificing wild weapons.
[WL] All Knights who are currently online will earn cabal currency when someone takes the oath.
[OI] Pets, charmies, etc. will no longer assist a master carrying a cabal item.
[OI] The cabal pendulum / prevailing wind mechanic has been updated to better handle the returned Warlord cabal.
[OI] A few quirks when capturing the Warlord cabal item have been brought in line with other cabals.
[OI] Cabal members' possession command has been updated to indicate when their own item is safe.
[ID] Keepers can earn cabal currency by liberating captured cabal items.
[ID] Cabal members can now bid on auction items they can't hold. Collecting the item will still zap them, but this allows them to destroy items that might help rival cabal members.
[ID] Warlord's may declare a VENDETTA against another player even if that player is not currently online.
[ID] When a Warlord marks a player with a VENDETTA, he and the marked player will see VENDETTA next to each others' name on the who list.

Mobs
====
[WL] Ugula has resumed his role as warrior guildmaster.
[OI] Valour mercenaries, not to be outdone by their Seringale counterparts, now kick dirt.
[OI] Helped the poor witch outside Towers of High Sorcery build a fire when she gets cold.
[OI] Aggressive mobs will no longer attack immortals.
[OI] Undead soldiers and mummies in D'al Kadar no longer provide edible body parts.
[ID] Drkshtyre spiders have a new spider overlord who will appear when enough blood-sucking spiders have been killed.
[ID] The serpents in Drkshtyre will now scale up to the level of their attacker. This does not happen when attacked by someone who is lower level than the mob's current level.
[ID] Scaling mobs award xp differently than other mobs by dividing it among the players in the group (i.e. solo player might earn 120 xp but a group of two would each earn 60).

Items
=====
[OI] Rare and unique items purchased from the auction house can no longer be sacrificed for cabal currency (Keepers exempt).
[OI] Bream fish now give a more functional effect when eaten.
[OI] Players can now 'put all.ore sack'
[OI] Marisa has recovered the manual of Nag'Yrn.
[OI] Illithid can now brandish a staff held in their tentacle in addition to ones in their inventory.
[ID] Players will no longer be flagged a 'vulture' for grabbing eq from their own corpse or a mob their groupmate finished off.
[ID] Players can no longer quit for a short time after vulturing gear.

Skills/Spells
=============
[OI] Improved the way poison spell, envenomed weapons, and other poison attacks check their target's poison immunity.
[OI] Halfling warriors will no longer see the "lucky strike" message when it misses.
[OI] The peek skill will now only show the handful of items in another player's sack that are on top. All items not in a container are still shown normally.
[OI] Pixie dust will no longer affect ungrouped, out of range players.
[OI] Wild shape will no longer work on mounts.
[OI] Using the volley skill will now bring a warrior out of reflex mode.
[OI] The druid staff long description (what you see when it's on the ground or you 'look staff') has been updated for the different shapes of druid staff.
[OI] Changing the weather is hard and takes time. There is a maximum amount it can be affected per hour. Control weather now has a brief cooldown to help players know when to recast.
[OI] Improved the Unending Greed racial legacy for low level duergar berserkers.
[OI] The star gate spell has been updated to reflect the current nexus alignments.
[ID] Using the knock spell now causes a much louder noise that can be heard from farther away.
[ID] Necromancer reaping blades are now no_drop and no_uncurse.
[ID] A necromancer may now only have one of each type of reaping blade.
[ID] When a necromancer's level would allow him to create a new, stronger reaping blade, he need only kill something with the existing one to upgrade it.

Misc.
=====
[WL] Players can now 'deposit all' at the bank.
[WL] Using the shortcut 'dep' will now deposit rather than deploy.
[OI] Hiring mercenaries will now use the overdraft feature like other shops.
[OI} Improved the text available during creation for druids.
[OI] The displayed message when players check their reputation (or lack thereof) has been updated.
[OI] Two new paladin titles have been added, replacing two that mentioned a bow.
[OI] The list command has been given a bit of a facelift at pet, mercenary, and mount shops.
[OI] A character with poison immunity can no longer poison oneself.
[ID] Giving a pet dumb orders will earn you a dumb look.
[ID] Newbie chat will no longer be broadcast on the webstream.
[ID] When a player tries to move but doesn't have enough movement left, the attempt will no longer sap those remaining moves to 0.
[ID] Players will now be able to read and follow-up on ideas they've posted in-game (idea list, idea read #, etc. similar to issue list).
[WL] Scarecrows now indicate their condition (based on time remaining) when looked at or in battle.

Last edited by Olyn on Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

1 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Awesome!

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Bravo team, bravo.

0 0 0
Matrix

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject:

game is wizlocked, no announcements. Nice moves guys

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Triggered

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Yep we're on it.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Fixed.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject:

We're back. The realms were wizlocked for about 20 minutes to find and squash a bug that came live with the patch. Thank you for your patience.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:19 am    Post subject:

Thank you all very much for all of the hard work. It is appreciated. Especially the scaling mobs makes me very happy to see. This gives me some hope I can play myself again now.

I will say I did just revert the newbie chat change, because that makes our game much less newbie friendly and it seems we are getting carried away removing that over a couple dumbass players with big mouths seeking attention. That is a player not following the documented process and that makes them the problem. Lots of possibilities: warn, slay, revoke the channels from them, deny them, or newbie ban them. I know what you are getting at, its just that tbh, it isnt healthy . That's a lovely example of how censoring content throws away the good with the bad really.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Its not about people abusing the newbie chat. Its about our public face being ooc on a game that's supposed to be role play enforced. I really fucking hate that all i see on our home page is ooc chatter. We arent censoring people, just curating what we highlight.

0 1
boo,
Ergorion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Random thought. What if conversations at the north and south squares and maybe the poker room were broadcast on the stream?

So Vev's issue seems to be that newbie chat dominates the stream. PK is an endangered species these days it seems so there's limited action on that front. The 'level down' approach is the removal of the content. The 'level up' approach would say: how do we get more content on the stream that's higher quality and more representative of the game?

The pk adrenaline triggers the stream. What if player says and yells that are initiated at the north/south squares and in the taverns also triggered a stream activation? That way the good old poker game or north square conversation would make it to the stream and show some of the rp qualities of the game?

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject:

We used to stream north square by default. Not sure why we changed that.

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Love the idea of the city squares being broadcast.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Let's keep this to constructive suggestions please. I like Ergorion's suggestion. I think poker is already picked up by stream? (or it was, at some point...)

I wonder if there could be something you could toggle on to opt in to stream yourself. Like if you're having a cool conversation somewhere not in NS/Mocker's, or your character does some quirky things while ranking to amuse themselves, and think it would be fun to stream, you could activate it.

1 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like a good feature for one or all of our coteries.

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject:

@Vanisse - I can verify that poker table gets streamed.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:16 pm    Post subject:

In response to Ergorion... Part of why PKs are not shown I am sure has to do with people enabling "nostream". I always enable nostream on my characters because I know I am not the best PKer, and when I am on the offensive I make obvious mistakes which would be caught on the stream. While I am on the defensive, the stream also gives opponents a means to track me potentially, particularly when I recall. If there were a better way of making sure the stream did not catch segments showing where I run off to, I would be less hesitant to allow streaming of my characters.

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Turn it on when you want too and turn it off when you want too? Make an alias or something.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: