Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 0 hour.

Lets bring back hobble how it use to be
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

bring back old hobble
yes
26%
 26%  [ 5 ]
no
57%
 57%  [ 11 ]
you're fucking crazy
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19

Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:08 am    Post subject: Lets bring back hobble how it use to be

Hobble use to affect you like wounding shot does, if you're hobbled and flee you fall on your face a room a way and can't move. Lets bring that back.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

1 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:36 pm    Post subject:

no feedback?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject:

If we bring back hobble faceplant, then we def gotta bring back dirt kick faceplant.

At that point we might as well give thieves their hellstream back.

2 2 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject:

My feedback is that you created your poll in the wrong area of the forum. Dont worry about everyone downvoting you here, your opinion will still be considered.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject:

The poll is now in polls and you've been sat on by Resatimm.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:02 am    Post subject:

Something tells me somebody is mad about wounding shot doing what it does.

PS. I agree with Ergorion about the dirt kick faceplant needing to be reverted if hobble is reverted. Also, hobble used to disable dodge completely iirc, so I'm against it going back all the way to what it was.

1 0 0
AnOldSoul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Hobble's already OP. You can already get hit with an extra under the right circumstances when you flee. Let rangers have bows and be happy.

0 1
boo,
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject:

hobble isnt OP you can literally be hobbled and flee away from it and just walk it off in less than an hour

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:35 pm    Post subject:

by the time the hobble lag is over they are already 4-5 rooms away

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:53 pm    Post subject:

BF, I think the real issue is warriors have had several rounds of buffs since that hobble tweak, including a new buff skill called athleticism which you've said was better than avian flight. Did you think we wouldn't bring that up? It definitely sounds like you're jealous about wounding shot.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:03 pm    Post subject:

im not really jealous i'd say im just annoyed cause bash got nerfed to half life after 1 use as well as trip and bodyslam. Hobble got nerfed so they don't fall anymore. Dirt kick got nerfed so you dont fall anymore. so 3 out of 4 skills that have been nerfed directly affect warrior class. How many other classes have had a big nerf like that in the last lets say 5 years?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Skill changes aren't just nerfs. A nerf to bash is a buff to thieves. A buff to hobble severly nerfs/ruins thieves. Its not an outright nerf to everyone like removing opal rings or something. You need to weigh the whole landscape. You're actually complaining a different class is doing well and want to buff the character you are playing currently. If we do that, soon everyone will be shouting for buffs. That is fine to a point, but eventually that can corrupt the feel of the MUD

I can't help that you spam play the same class over and over and run into its weaknesses because thieves were unplayable for everyone else interested.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:47 pm    Post subject:

shit only one class worth playing haha

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject:

I used to argue the dirt kick and hobble face plant should be brought back as a way to have a chance against vets. To keep them from running around Serin five times over before you recover from the skill lag.

But now I realize fighting for hours and hours for a PK is a lot better than a twenty round PK. A lot more practice involved and satisfaction if you win.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Does movement while hobbled currently cost extra moves? If not, it probably should.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject:

A movement drain I think could potentially be even more op than the flee lag. With the flee lag, you could escape if you fled immediately after the hobble landed. Or if you did a dirt/flee.

Sapping movement could be an even more potent fight-ender. Scenario: halfway through the fight (so we're chilling at 60%mvs), warrior heads to a high movement drain area and lands a hobble. Even if the target would escape the traditional faceplant, if the movement loss nukes their moves so they're out, that's way worse than a faceplant lag.

Like even a one tick movement drain could be lethal.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:44 pm    Post subject:

The duration of hobble is just a few rounds of battle. With athleticism, it seems like moves are the way a warrior wins a battle of attrition in a prolonged fight. If we've over-corrected on this, and I'm not sure we have, it seems like +1 movement cost for the duration would be appropriate. That doesn't hit a class like thief as hard because he (potentially) only needs to move to a suitable hiding place.

1 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:12 pm    Post subject:

i like olyns idea. the faceplant is nice but draining moves more could also be nice. I just know with the way hobble is people can get away with being hobbled and flee away with no negative affect

0 0 0
Matrix

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:28 pm    Post subject:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: a skill that makes your enemy need to flee sounds pretty boss to me and I don't see why it needs to be buffed

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject:

The answer is no, but if we ever want to buff warriors again this is where we will buff.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: