Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 11 hours.

bash bodyslam and kick now breaks hovel doors
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:53 am    Post subject: bash bodyslam and kick now breaks hovel doors

Sorry for the out of patch update but this is too big and too game-breaking.

We will need a while longer to give these doors proper hp and repairs. They have a hp but I fully admit its much too little at the moment. . On the patch, we'll need to increase the HP and a mechanic to repair and reinforce them if you spend time. Repair will require gold. Reinforcing will increase the damage the door can withstand and your repair bill.This is the original design. I prefer the current, door is breakable state over the safety from pk.

There was a separate bug I found causing the game to utterly freeze if somebody made a hovel in a no-exit under some . I fixed that issue also.

Please leave feedback for how many minutes of kicking a hovel door feels reasonable to break it, and we will balance the lair door HP on that base line. I am thinking 1 minute for a fresh door, up to 10 minutes for fully reinforced with all allowed upgrades. I want you guys to have a chance to say if it should be much faster or slower

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:29 am    Post subject:

10 minutes to kick a door down seems a bit excessive... A hovel is basically like a wooden shack, its not an iron fortress. I would say 3 to 5 kicks max depending on the race of the kicker

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:16 pm    Post subject:

I think it should max out at a minute.

I could see longer than that, but not for breaking down a door. As it’s an active PK, I like the idea of a risk of damage to their HP being involved and not just a penalty of gold for repairs.

How about an attempt to burn it down with them inside? That’s not class specific. If it succeeds they take a small amount of damage per round from smoke or something. Then massive damage when it all comes crashing down with them inside.

If it fails I stare at my character smacking into a door for a minute.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Yes I plan to add wildfire to the list of things at some point, at least for wooden doors. The lair system does allow for upgrades. Those upgrades will be to change to stone doors that require a beefier weapon (like a pickaxe instead of just kicking it in) and unaffected by fire spells. Maybe finally steel doors. We will deal with wooden doors first of course. So I was thinking 1 minute to blast through a wooden door and 10 minutes if not longer for a steel door. But right now all we have is wooden doors so we're just discussing wood

I guess we can try 3 kicks is the minimum with the usual chance to fuck up your kick and have to try again.

Last edited by Davairus on Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject:

I have bashed open metal doors. The ones with the huge steel frames? In the end it was the lock that gave. Pretty hilarious considering it was a door at work and I was asked to because the keys were locked inside. Of course I am a 500 pound 6 foot 6 giant haha.

Last edited by Dogran on Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:40 pm    Post subject:

That is great input Nadrin

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:15 pm    Post subject:

I made a change to make the doors much healthier. We are going off the door weight instead of the door level going forward. The weight of a newly made hovel door is 100 points. Further development will be pushed to patchday

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject:

It should only take 1 good kick with adrenaline going.

The first door I ever kicked open was in Iraq. My adrenaline was going for obvious reasons, I kicked the door so hard the door frame blew apart and I stumbled into the room. I would have had to hit someone of my rifle to stop if they were behind the door.

My point is that adrenaline going should be a factor if that is not to hard to add.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject:

Wow Grayden... nobody has ever suggested throwing adrenaline into kick damage before and you just illustrated why its important so perfectly.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject:

How would doors be affected by pets/charmies? If we added traps to doors, I could totally see a necromancer ordering his/her zombies or golems to bash the door open (even without traps, I would find it surprising if it was impossible for a necromancer's zombies or golems to not attempt to smash the doors... While the flesh golem would likely have less impact, a stone golem or a strength damned zombie could probably bash a door open with relative ease).

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject:

What about pass door? Hovels are hovel not magical?

0 0 0
yNgFrE

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Mystics can enchant the door with a magical protective circle, barring any means of magic use. But 2 mystics are needed to complete the chant Smile

1 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:06 pm    Post subject:

and a druid waving a bundle of sage

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:40 pm    Post subject:

pass door already works. but i think there is an explode zombie spell we can use. Paladins the only class with no native way through a door I think

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Probably how they get beyond most locked doors. Summon some mists.

0 0 0
tayyah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:47 pm    Post subject:

dont paladins have charge?

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:38 am    Post subject:

i was gonna say paladins have charge
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Oh that charge skill inclusion is a very good point. In the back-end its kind of like you are attacking a piece of furniture instead of a person, which might trivially seem like the scarecrow or cloud castle exploding plants, but those are actually mobs, not objects on the ground. I can't say I am looking forward to coding a dashing charge into an object but it seems worthwhile. But this isnt a typical door by any means.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:08 am    Post subject:

just a heads up that we found a critical bug preventing the creation of any more lairs since the 44th lair was created. the fix is going live sometime tonight

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:09 am    Post subject:

Ninja

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: