Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 16 hours, 4 mins.

throwing out evil ranger to become an elite-only thing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:32 am    Post subject:

Yes Faelon it'll be some sort of abomination/zombie.. they are soulbound to the witches of the witch wood, condemned to roam the world as an undead husk. Werebeasts that wandered into the witch wood as a mortal and their souls taken so they can't pass on.

hamsamwich, slight perks, have something planned, but taking suggestions. Dust has not settled

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Werebeast who went on their animal journey were called to witch wood where they never made it out. Now the curse of aacadia has befallen Serum causing unforseen rising of undead werebeast. I would love it if one could transform into a black bear. An undead black bear just sounds so sweet
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Werebeasts gain their animal forms, by entering a spiritual wood. It is debated whether the form of the animal they will become is chosen by the Werebeast, or the other way around. Regardless, the Werebeast returns with the full power gifted to them so many eons ago. The journey, however, is not without peril. The spiritual journey taken for so many years, by so many, has been corrupted by three Witches. Now, when a Werebeast journey's for their form, one wrong decision will see their souls captured by the dark arts of the Three, cursed to walk Serin a twisted abomination.

The previous comment put that in my head.

1 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject:

I like brain storming more with you Faelon. His idea could also open it so that you dont become undead until the special quest at 15 if made elite the quest has an alternative route or door you enter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:26 pm    Post subject:

holy fuck yes! an elite-only door for the werebeast ranger quest. how about we call them "the Forsaken" and have it pop a deformity instead of a beast like that shit in batman vs superman

1 0 0
Taleroth
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:30 am    Post subject:

This kinda reminds me of GoT on how White Walkers were created.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:17 am    Post subject:

All of this sounds amazing. I can't wait for you to make it happen, I want to roll one!

0 0 0
Matrix

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:26 pm    Post subject:

if your account name is Ozaru you should be able to roll an evil ranger without being elite

2 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Second

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Anyone can roll an evil ranger. It's human. This is something else.

2 0 0
Rothak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:38 am    Post subject:

If this is based off of being a werebeast, would all of this also apply to werebeast druids or strictly werebeast Ranger combination?

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:16 am    Post subject:

For my vote, I'd elect that either be available. It's a pretty nifty concept and would be a lot of fun.

0 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:27 am    Post subject:

I'd envisioned only evil werebeast ranger, but I have no qualms with whatever Davairus wants to go with. I feel like an evil werebeast druid would be less scary than an evil werebeast ranger in terms of how fearsome they'd potentially be though.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:15 am    Post subject:

I see this werebeast ranger thing as an export of the cavern of the witch sisters, i.e. 3 ugly gypsy hags hanging out over a cauldron doing some sort of experimental ancient gypsy black magic shit. Clearly they've got something going on but they are Bush league. They would be able to pump out a basic deformity from a werebeast ranger but a druid seems way over that pay grade. Its good thinking though. On the non-lore side, not joking, I like this as something to offer people who have a crush on rangers, it doesn't *have* to be just elite-only but the exception should be a die-hard ranger fan. That is a nice thing to do for certain people who have otherwise been made fun of.

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 8:08 pm    Post subject:

I would like evil opened up as an alignment choice for all werebeast. This is a separate idea than the elite-only permanently cursed beasts, which would also require evil.

Basically any werebeast should be able to pick evil at creation but evil is required for the special curse.

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject:

On a semi-related note, I would love a couple new were-beast forms like bear or rat.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject:

This isn't written to just say no, outright, but its just I think this idea was to actually create an interesting and very narrow edge case character. This was not gonna be rolling evil werebeast at level 1 and just having evil werebeast rangers that are all tiger.. it was about getting a regular ranger to level 15 and choosing a different direction (i.e. go into the witch wood and lose your soul). If we go the path of choose between an evil were-tiger and some other werebeast with a vuln, there's no point even coding that, it'll be #weretigerforever. We can just make the one line change in whatever table and save the effort fucking around for something else.

As another side-thought, I do not think it is really possible for a werebeast to be 100% evil. The "beast" is a different personality completely, it is a split character, one that behaves more instinctively. Is a house cat evil? One of the ways I played one of my werebeast rangers was to pay attention whether I was currently transformed or not and if I was I would randomly attack my groupmates and deny memory of it after I flip back. It was a chaotic ethos character. Evil? I dont think so, but it looks that way. Its a personality disorder in action. This is a pretty interesting character without evil. Introducing evil werebeast means we might lose that opportunity als,o as we know people are going to predominantly roll evil chaotic rangers and end up just jacking people at level 20 without much interaction, the transform will just be a buff.

This also reminds me we have a vampire quest to use at level 30 and should probably use that instead of having level 1 vamps being rolled.

Last edited by Davairus on Sun May 03, 2020 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject:

I think Dav is right, 80% of werebeast go tiger. (It's the flashiest after all lol) and evils would just do the same. I even have a comment further up asking about what incentives there would be for someone to be willing to roll a cursed evil werebeast, so if anyone can be evil then he's probably right.

Also yeah when did the vamp thing change? They used to be human dks until they got turned I thought. when I saw a low level vamp recently I was pretty startled, didn't know they were just being rolled out the gate. I mean I don't know anything about it and don't know that it really matters, just it was weird to see.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Yeah time to just fix it. Hopefully we still have the quest vampire area lying around. If not I think my memory might be enough. I last used it for Lascivus.
edit: found it

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:41 pm    Post subject:

First off, I like the idea of Elite only, like vampire and Alhoon. Second, I think the idea of abomination is the coolest. (You don't get a choice what beast you pick, you are a monster. I picture underworld half-vampire/half-werewolf. (not what I am suggesting the lore be here) The idea is something twisted. Instead of a creature taking you over, a demon or some sort of abomination does. Can there be choices for that? Sure if we need them, but I don't think we do. Being what it is I would suggest just halfway wolf and halfway tiger. Transformed you get a bonus to strength and dexterity, 1 and 1 or 2 and 2. And then +5 hit, +5 damage +50 or 100 hp. (Obviously choices) Then give them some kind of negative, some kind of drawback to make them harder to play.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: