Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 16 hours.

throwing out evil ranger to become an elite-only thing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 1:54 am    Post subject:

If tiger is a clear best choice for beast, then we made a mistake somewhere along the way.

It's fine if the "beast" part is RP'd differently by the player than their human persona, but we've been treating our werebeast race like humans (even on the who list) when they're not transformed. I think we should allow them to be any align like humans.

I wouldn't even be opposed to opening up the warrior and berserker classes for beasts.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject:

Ahhh beast warrior please
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject:

IDK if this is the place for this or not, but it got mentioned. Rolling a vamp is a very nice perk of being elite. I have and I can tell you those easy levels are challenging. So many sunburn death opportunities, or waiting three days to walk from darkhaven to storm hill (lack of moves, plus only half time can move safely). I thought this was deliberate to compensate for the challenge it usually took to become a vampire (PK testing, and RP hard and wait to be turned). I think if you could DK to 25, then quest to turn yourself, it would take from that, but I would like it to be honest, I struggled early with rolled vamps.

0 0 0
Matrix

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 11:02 pm    Post subject:

I like level 1 vampires. If you bring back the level 25 dk requirement make it delevel you back down to 1 when you get vamped. "You have been reborn" etc

0 0 0
Matrix

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 11:06 pm    Post subject:

and alhoons should be level 25 illithid necromancers who turn themselves into liches, these new werebeasts should be level 25 evil human rangers who get turned into werebeasts by the witch sisters

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Level 1 vamps are awesome, I lost one at level two forgetting, and taking a run for a dalmatian, LOL

1 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 5:27 am    Post subject:

I have played my share of rangers. Unfortunately most of my keepers were wolf until you could actually select it. I even had a few half - elf rangers and a few humans. IMHO tiger is really the only class to play, for those 12 hours you feel unstoppable.

I thought for sure as a wolf my dirt would never miss, I would dodge everything THATS A BIG NOPE

I remember a justice half-elf warrior fighting him and I was a wolf ranger, I could never hit him so I think Ill make a half-elf ranger warlord and actually had some decent success,but definitely lacked overall punch and hp of werebeast.

I thought about this a long time, after my last goodie werebeast with the protection issue that damage out put was really disheartening and I thought why would anyone make an evil ranger they have to fight paladins. Fighting trovo was never really an issue so maybe an elf paladin will be harder like a drow dk is insane, but who the hell wants to rank an elf paladin with iron vuln.

So I am starting to ramble, but honestly I would love to see an evil werebeast as elite only, but maybe lower the restrictions for elite. Like if you make it as a cabal leader and you are doing well you can create a vamp or evil werebeast or alhoon. There is nothing worse than having an elite level character and u are tired of playing it. I want to enjoy this game for all it has to offer and it really sucks that I ahve to wait a whole year just logging in and maybe doing something 1 out of every 10 log ins to get to that elite level. If the player behind the computer is considered elite then let them have it.

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Just hear me out; werebeast monk.

Laughing

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 6:00 am    Post subject:

Wait... Please do not tell me curse of the acadia is just equivalent to a HEX.. please tell me the curse does more to warrant it being elite only.

0 0 0
Mr. Forgotten

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:46 am    Post subject:

Curse of Acadia is a real thing that druids have. It's just a curse with a different name. -6 hitroll at level 50, no recall.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject:

OK I have three things to write down in this thread, I am writing them quickly before I forget them.

1) Evil werebeast for everyone seems detrimental to other evil races overall. Many evil races have a vuln of some sort. You pick the vuln race or you pick the boring human option. Its better to keep it that way.

2) I am not at all interested in opening this offer to everybody for inclusivity's sake. This is for the best of the best, and if your roleplaying sucks, you have no business playing it.

3) As for the "elite", including level 1 vampires thing. We're re-negotiating this deal. As of next patch, meaning at the time we release this race, we'll allow just one elite character per elite badge, as a thank you reward for getting into the hall of fame. After that, all future special characters will need to go through the usual application process which everybody else has to also go through. Write background, apply at level 30, don't waste my time with a character that absolutely stinks, and I'll consider your applications.

2 0 0
Phostan
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:19 am    Post subject:

Just a reminder for you all to remind Davairus that "Abomination" sounds more intimidating (and thus better) than "Forsaken".

0 0 0
Baer

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:33 am    Post subject:

+1 for Abomination, I feel it's more in-line with their place in the world (an abomination against the natural order)...Also, Abomination doesn't share a rank title with Legion.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:56 am    Post subject:

Actually, its "the" Forsaken. And abomination is a level 30 necromancer title.

0 0 0
Rothak

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject:

Is this still in the works? If so, when can we expect it? I know you mentioned next patch but I'm unsure as to when that will be.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject:

It all depends.. it'll come out with a game patch though. We've released patches every 3 months typically. I may move it to every 4 months to make sure everybody has had time to properly test their shit, as three months goes by very very quick. I think it is burning the Imms out trying to deal with a patch plus keep up with loads of bugs. They are all working hard with no time to do morts. The imms need time to mort as it helps to understand the game. Its better for the atmosphere, RP, and the game balance when the Imms have time to play. You dont want to be busting your ass in your hobby too after you get off work. Goal for now is still July.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject: Down with the in crowd

Fuck all you elite only people. I almost didn't say it when I saw balanced with a curse, but my gut feeling was right, fuck elite only.

Open the game up already. I have been wanting to play a trash vampire for a long time. You just put a warning, this race not suggested for new players, if they burn up in the sun, they will be like damn I guess I should try something else. I mean seriously we might see some use of the stake skill. Also make it so you can stake any vampires, then I wont be the only one wasting practices.

There are a lot of great ideas here, but when you close those doors it feels like I am being cheated and I doubt I am alone.

Not to shit on your good idea, but level me up already so I jump on the elite option train or open it for everyone and I can finally see time warp in action.

0 0 0
Lorne
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject:

You should probably read help vampire before you decide to "roll a trash vampire"

1 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject:

Your fellow gods refer to them as a trash race because they get no grave, and I have read that file many times.

Perhaps it was shitty timing with the last attempt waiting on nyacin or whatever, but waiting months sucks when you can have a level vamp in the club.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject:

Grayden, I am not sure if you read the whole thread or if I've just miscommunicated, but basically these quest races are getting the auto-induct treatment. That means, with or without "elite", you will be able just apply normally for them at level 30. You won't need the badge. Vhrael is preparing some stuff for alhoons/vamp and then we'll have a process that involves imm-teraction.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: