Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 11 hours.

throwing out evil ranger to become an elite-only thing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grayden

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject:

Yes but as elite you can have a level 1 vamp in the club, no waiting. I should put the work in and stop crying, but I would like these options just opened up for everyone.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject:

Just to be clear, again, creating a vampire is soon going to require level 30 human dark-knight sacrificed to do it. Not level 25, not level 35. Level 30, human dark-knight. Anybody who wants to be reborn from literally level 1 afterwards is welcome to it - but they still must sacrifice a level 30 human dark-knight.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Thank you for the clarity and work put in, also note the dark knight cannot be lawful.

If you reach level 30, use command noexp to stop gaining experience, and be patient, the gods will get back to us when they can.

Evil Weretiger/panther/leopard and especially werewolf would be cool, but whatever you do, please go with autoinduct.

Thanks again.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject:

If we go autoinduct then I would like a timer for it like cabals. I complained about the in and out of people in cabals I'll stick to my guns about in and out with elite creations then to. Consistancy folks consistancy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 4:06 am    Post subject:

My favorite memory on AR of probably all-time (before Imming) is when I got the Iron fist tattoo from Odo. He spent some time and transferred me to chamber of Justice, some cool colored messages, boom, tattooed, and then told me how impressed he feels with how well I've been doing. That was the best feeling ever, just to feel total warmth and respect from Odo. I felt valued.

I would say that the cooldown to skip RP like that should be like, a year. Whats the fucking rush? You're missing out on the best memories of your life. Honestly, that can be a life-changing sort of experience. At the very least, you could log out happy for one night. Yeah you could gain a level every 5 mins instead. But are you going to even remember that?

I dont think there is anything any Immortal can offer a player that is more valuable than their time. I do get the whole thing about everybody wanting to skip everything and save time. But I think it really fucking sucks to skip the rare opportunities of Immortal RP. I don't like it one bit, except when you just came off a HOE induction which is already dope. I'd like you to feel fucking AMAZING because the Imms spent time crafting something awesome just for you.

2 1
boo,
Matrix

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 4:40 am    Post subject:

Seems totally unrelated to me. I never had a problem finding reasons to interact with mortals in-character without needing to use pre-scripted opportunities like cabal induction to do it. A whisper to provoke violence, tattooing someone who acted chaotically, giving a low-ranked mortal a guided tour of the cabal. It didn't have to be pre-induction, they could autoinduct and they still aren't going to hit rank 2 without manual intervention anyway. What's stopping immortals from doing these things now? Are they sitting around complaining about not having opportunities to roleplay instead of taking the opportunities that are already available? What's stopping the current active imms from tattooing their favored mortals?

We originally added autoinduct because the majority of the cabals were sitting empty with inactive cabal imms that didn't induct anyone and didn't promote anyone because they didn't want to make the effort of taking these roleplay interactions. We wanted to allow a trusted class of player the opportunity to resurrect a dead cabal without needing to kiss an immortal's ass. We allowed elites to create vampires so imms wouldn't have to be picky and choosy about who they allowed to have a vampire so there wouldn't be any more allegations of immortal favoritism. Every time an allegation like that is made it wears you down.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:13 am    Post subject:

Matrix I'm glad you raised that favoritism point, because this all 100% needs to be founded upon trust. I need Grayden to understand that when I wrote in the graveyard that I thought he created a HOE worth character, I really mean what I say, and that if he approaches the Imms to do an alhoon, he is getting the hook up. I need Ozaru to understand that he is considered the "beast ranger" guy and if he wants the special evil ranger, he'll get one. Period.

This is an example of Imm-interaction for basically a custom title for Eurayel:
http://abandonedrealms.com/logs/view_log.php?id=861

This is what people are missing out on.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Thank you Davairus, I will build blood fountains in your name, when I finally figure out how to do that.

Timing is everything and I have been avoiding Cabals like antiestablishment primate for about 2 decades. I had a different experience with Mystics, but again I think my timing was just bad.

Player's with a plan for level 50 or joining a cabal are going to get more recognition. This is sort of like favoritism but it is more like playing the game. If you get to 50 with no other ambitions, I think that leads to character death.

In the Mystics my high and confused low was in the same hour. Spoiler alert, Xerties, I am searching for a clue on the pyramid, a whole secret area, I love that, message found there, a heart breaker that is either left that by accident or some serious hazing BS. I was a little hurt and not sure if I should be.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: