Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Seeing weapon ward and prot shield?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:36 pm    Post subject: Seeing weapon ward and prot shield?

Is there any way to know if your opponent has an active weapon ward or prot shield besides just using a skill and seeing if you get rejected?

There is a prompt thing for position, so you can know if they're flying, or just watching them enter/exit a room (autosneak excluded).

But is there nothing for the other wards? it can be pretty dangerous to just 'test' it out with a skill sometimes. I guess I don't know what a weapon ward or prot shield would look like, but I imagine them to be something visible?

0 0 0
Faelon
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Yes, the only way to test that is to use a skill. It's a gamble either way. You can wait for it to drop, but if it's not up you'll wait forever. Or you can try it randomly in combat and hope it's down.

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:32 am    Post subject:

Not likely the solution you were looking for, as it can be dangerous as well, but detect magic will answer this question as well.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:38 am    Post subject:

Certain magic spells don’t have a visual component on purpose. With warrior-type classes you just need to see equipment primarily, and whether there’s (White Aura) or not. Mages need whatever defenses they have available, including their anti-lag/disarm spells.

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:54 am    Post subject:

I figured as much. But sometimes I feel a need to ask these questions because I've had key assumptions be proven wrong before lol.

Thanks for the responses guys.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: