Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 17 hours.

Damage Output Analysis

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Necrobotica

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject: Damage Output Analysis

Hello,

So one thing I absolutely love about this game is the ability to figure out opponents weaknesses against various weapons, combat styles, etc. That being said I was wondering is there a way to turn on actual damage output numbers instead of just:

DISEMBOWELS
MUTILATES
DIMEMBER

etc...

I ask, because I'd like to see if I could try different things in the world and see what is the most effective for damage output and so on. I think this could be especially beneficial for combat oriented classes such as warrior, monk, thief, and so on.

Thanks!

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 8:49 pm    Post subject:

We shouldn’t give away all the secrets! I’d start with an action(aka a trigger) that logs each attack you make against yourself or others. And log your HP. You’ll figure it out

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject:

I realize we already have prompt with hp/mana/etc. But this would be immersion breaking to add, which reduces the magic/charm of playing. Approximations could probably be added to "help damage" but that takes away an advantage from you that your interest would otherwise have rewarded you with. Mikoos recommendation isn't too difficult.. and if you care that much.. I think you should honestly consider pursuing the interest and following what he says. We could use more nerds to help game balance.

0 0 0
Necrobotica

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the idea Mikoos! Yea, I understand not wanting to break immersions as well. I just nerd out on this type of stuff, and was curious. Thanks again.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: