Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 11 hours.

Current state of rare purges
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikoos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:24 pm    Post subject: Current state of rare purges

I know there has been changes back and forth over the years. Every rare has an individual timer on it that has a minimum amount of time to be reached or it’ll be purged at the end of the month, right?

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Yes. It is based on the rarity of the item.

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject:

I had a character lose every single rare item equipped and in inventory this month. So that means I didn't meet the minimum for even the least rare item I had? yeesh. lol

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject:

So if I pick up a unique on the thirty first there is a good chance it’d be gone the next day?

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject:

Not if you have been playing all month, or at least I think that is how it works.

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject:

I lost all my rares from last month as well. Anyone else?

0 0 1
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:55 pm    Post subject:

I just wanna clarify that I wasn't necessarily complaining. The character in question didn't have very many hours. I can't remember exactly how many. I just was observing that, despite each item being tied to it's own timer, I didn't meet a single one.

EDIT:

Can I ask what a reasonable estimate of time is to log during a month in order to avoid purging? I mean I hope knowing a number doesn't defeat the purpose, I guess I could see people logging that "minimum" just to avoid purging, but if the "minimum" is too low to prevent hoarding than maybe there's a different issue to address? Anyways, lol, long story short, what's an expected number of hours per month?

EDIT again:

Read the help file. Rolling Eyes

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:20 am    Post subject:

Hamsandwich the unhinged rebel.

Look, I need your support on this. Obviously there is a bug and it’s taken my equipment. Kind of feels like a trusted plug taking 10%.

0 0 1
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:34 am    Post subject:

It doesn't matter if you picked up the rare item on the 1st day of month, last day of month, or if you played in surge or any time in between. The minimum number of hours is based on that whole month. Granted, it sounds extra sucky if you get purged literally the day after you get the item. I'd be feeling robbed, for sure. Bad luck. But, lesson learned. And you did have the whole month to play, which meant you had full control of the outcome.

http://abandonedrealms.com/help/search.php?search=rare

After you learned you can't play enough hours to keep rares, a bit of soul-searching is in order. Do you really need them? To do what? Isn't a half-decent set mixed in with some gambled really enough? Grab a mahn-tor weapon and get stuck in, do something fun. There's plenty of 50s that could use a good spanking. What do you have to lose?

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject:

I always thought rare purges were too forgiving. here's wishing for 60+ hours a month or full unique purge.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject:

That actually sounds like a damn good idea. Would alleviate the hoarding issues like Ivendel and would constantly force a shift in power.

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:48 pm    Post subject:

There should be different rules for forging armor. If you collect all 50 ore you should be given a break.

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, no I'm cool about being purged. Expected it and didn't try hard enough to prevent it. No complaints here.

0 0 0
Ergorion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:27 pm    Post subject:

For forged armor just use the level 50 nonrare gem and you don't have to worry about getting purged. The rare purge serves a very useful function. If you don't want to deal with it there are plenty of other options a la forging and gambled equipment.

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject:

I like to gamble as much as the next guy, unfortunately the gear available doesn’t cover all classes.

I think there’s been a change where the 50 gem is required to be rare. Which isn’t bad... just time consuming. Usually I go out of my way to add anti_good/anti_evil tags.

Could imbue, but I’m worried that effort would be wasted as well.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:52 am    Post subject:

60+ hours what the fuck? That’s crazy. There used to be no minimum requirement at all. If you make the requirement 60+ hours (or even 30+ hours) you exclude people like me (job, wife, kids) from playing this game. If you make the requirements harder than they are you might just end up losing players.

Ultimately we want more people playing, not fewer. Currently I (and probably others in my boat) can scrounge up enough time to keep a suit of rares. Take that from those people and they may be turned off of showing up all together. Can you tell me how you think making the requirements harder to meet would increase the player base to make up for the people it turns away?

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:19 am    Post subject:

It may keep players invested in playing one or two players and not spam deleting. Get a nice set and know you have to play or get the purge. It also doesn’t prohibit people from playing. If you got rare purged you still benefited from the rares while you had them. That being said, I do hear what you are saying, Kalist. Maybe a different method. You have to score a pk during that time against a similarly leveled opponent (not 50 killing a 43).

0 0 0
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject:

60 hours would be insane. All im getting from that suggestion is that somebody got rare purged, got butthurt and wants everyone else to get rare purged too.

Just play your character. If you get rare purged you don't deserve to keep the rares. Deal with it.

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:55 am    Post subject:

I think the point about forged items being purged is valid. That sounds devastating. Those items are very difficult to produce versus gambling crap.
Maybe the forged items could use a druid crystal shard, pump that shit up to prismatic and go for it. And then whatever that flag is that stops you putting item in sack. I don't mind if we stop purging them but there shouldn't be a full suit of those in sacks. Or the shards for that matter. Its a small effort for me to change.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject:

"60 hours would be insane. All im getting from that suggestion is that somebody got rare purged, got butthurt and wants everyone else to get rare purged too."

It was more along the lines of the thought that the people that play most often should get most of the toys to play with. I'm not going to be one of those people either, once the world gets going again (and I don't even have any rare armor on my char!) so I'm not complaining for myself. The people that don't have a lot of time to play take items out of circulation for the people who are on often and need/want them. If I could only get 2-3 hours a week to play I wouldn't be sitting on my uniques(I said uniques not rares btw). I'd be more inclined to say, Hey, I don't have a lot of time to play, maybe the people that do play a lot should get to circulate these rares. I understand this idea isn't the culture of AR. And honestly I don't think it would be worth people like Kalist, etc. quitting at all. But hey. a man can dream can't he.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: