Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 16 hours, 19 mins.

Current state of rare purges
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:46 am    Post subject:

I agree with erlwith basically. I wouldn't even be opposed to increase hours required to keep end game sets like torments of hell titanium tenor pieces that way they circulate more amongst people instead of someone having both tenor sets on chars and torments of hell on a shaman. Anyone who plays hard core can easily maintain 3 or 4 char at 50 with endgame rares.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:13 am    Post subject:

Ok to properly represent the population we drop the top and bottom 10%, so 21 off each end. Then I would average time played, if you get me a spreadsheet it would be quick, and everyone below 10% of the average, full purge of rares.

I am guessing this would be anyone with less than 3 hours, but I may run the numbers eventually.

I lost about half my rares, I assume the others were not near a limit but I had a decent amount of hours played, not bitching, just stating.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:17 am    Post subject:

You learn from your mistakes, and your rare hoarding skill improves.

2 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:30 am    Post subject:

Losing rares sucks.

But not being able to get them sucks too. One of the fun things in this game (the most fun thing for some of us) is killing mobs and getting better gear. For a majority of the month you can't even do it because there's nothing.

Then, like Erlwith said, new month hits and people log in and scurry off to scrounge up whatever there is to be had.

I think 20 hours a month is absolutely reasonable to keep all rares. Anything lower than that kind of feels like a disservice to the whole idea of purging. I mean if you can avoid purging by logging on for ten minutes a day (5 hours a month) then why even have it at all?

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:30 am    Post subject:

🎶You’re so vain..🎶

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:55 am    Post subject:

This thread isn't really about typical butthurt players who didn't play enough hours losing their rares. Its about Kalist. He should be able to viable cabal character and he can't do that as effectively because the system is resetting him every month despite efforts to really try, these hours are impossible to hit. And its frustrating. I will say we are all losing out from that.

Here's a fact. You can actually level from 1 to 50 in 10 hours, if you do so efficiently. This'd take some OOC bullshit but that happens. We've purged rares off characters under with 20 hours. By that time the player could literally just level TWO new 50s, and neither would be purged. It wouldnt happen because the character is too new.

It makes some sense to incentivize level 50 pk somehow mitigating these purges. Like Lorne said.

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:08 am    Post subject:

Why can't he create a viable cabal char with gambled items?

I know that used to be possible, is it not any longer?

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:38 am    Post subject:

Furry - Thank you for your thoughtful and elegantly worded input. I’m sure you’ve read every post in this thread and have carefully considered all opinions and angles. I fear that playing “hard core” or “just playing more hours” is not an option for some of us and ergo...the entire point of this thread. Thank you again for your valued input.

Erlwith - I am not sure if it is good/bad luck but often times when I log on I wind up fighting for the full 30-90 minutes I am able to play that day. This means I am not able to farm gold/relics or go spam kill mobs that drop gambled gear. It’s a good idea and I would like to try it out some time - maybe next time I’m full looted or purged I will make a concerted effort to go this direction. If I can’t log the 20 hours needed to keep gear, and most of that 20 hours is spent fighting/replenishing consumables, that doesn’t leave a lot of time for farming/gambling though.

Davairus - Thanks for the consideration.

I guess another option would be to just not play a caballed character. I think there are more benefits having me in the mix though versus just being a bystander. There are some tough people at 50 right now. Unfortunately it takes a good suit of equipment to contend. Unless you’re an illusionist I guess. I used to kill people with just a broomstick. Maybe that would still work 🤷🏼‍♂️

Very quick reiteration for people who skipped most of this thread (ie furry), I log in more than 20 hr/month but in different capacities (low level chars on phone, low risk chars at work, semi afk chars at home while getting breakfast set up for kids in morning, etc. But I’m only able to log in a “good char” under specific circumstances (kids in bed, wife not neglected - It is often a choice of spending time with wife or logging on AR and it is important to me that she gets more time than AR because she deserves it and the contrary would be unhealthy for relationship) and even then I often run the risk of having to suddenly afk because of a screaming child. These stringent circumstances make it tough to rack up 20 hours on a “good char”.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:39 am    Post subject:

I think Kalist is a great guy but if you can’t put in the time to keep rares are you really going to be able to put time into a cabal and not just be a placeholder?

If people think 20 hours is too much in a month, which really isn’t much, then there really is no reason to even have a rare timer. Just get rid of it altogether.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:48 am    Post subject:

Ok I did the math, the fair representation for average time played for our population per character in June, 6 hours and 58 minutes.

I know I have been saying 10% under average, but that would be characters with less than 42 minutes, so too little.

If you go with fair average the highest 79 characters would have been safe.

Seeing these numbers I am leaning toward those who have double the average should keep their goods, 13 hours 56 minutes, or top 50 players would be safe.

So mathematically it would adjust based on play and no chance for bias if you use an equation.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:53 am    Post subject:

I think makes sense to have senior cabal char (especially Legion/Knight, but maybe others) granted hours forgiveness. So maybe you would only have to play maybe 6 hrs but you'd first have to earn the seniority to take your time off. And if you just start hoarding the leader can boot you. I think this is good because its quite common a cabal leader might have alts to go fight his applicants with and see if theyre good enough. They are also spying on apps from their alts. Its a big part of being senior in cabals.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:58 am    Post subject:

Isn’t that really really ooc? Just asking not looking for trouble.

0 0 0
Ethaac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:03 am    Post subject:

I had 20 hours in June and 1) wasn't on Dav's list for some reason and 2) lost 3 really nice unique items to the purge:

the Belt of Untamed Fury
a tightly bounded bo staff
a dark steel circlet of spikes

I'm confused why I lost them seeing as how I had 20 hours?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:16 am    Post subject:

its not a full list and youre probably wrong

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:27 am    Post subject:

Kalist - or “My kid is shitting on the floor”

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:49 am    Post subject:

Bring on the storms, I feel like a lot of items just purged.

Edit: Cabal leaders time could count for double, so if they had the 7 hours they would have been safe. Cabal members in general should get a boon for pursuing more in the game.

1 0 0
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:13 am    Post subject:

I definitely think caballed characters should get some special dispensation with higher ranks getting the most. That makes sense to me. That and the active pk having an influence also.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:29 am    Post subject:

Well that can be a part of the solution for sure. But this is still something to consider across the board. We need to keep some perspective on that.

e.g. Does it make sense to strip an item you acquired 3-5 days ago? As kalist and i think mikoos both said, at some point you just give up trying. I can see that. Once you geto to that last week of the month.

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject:

You're right, losing an item you got 3-5 days before the end of the month would be real shitty. But I think it will indirectly not be an issue. Because it is pretty uncommon you even get an item 3-5 days before the end of the month; none are available. The first few days of a new month are more active because everyone is trying to round up rares that they have not been able to get for a long time. Most mobs are empty handed the entire last week of the month.

Obviously getting an item via pk is still totally possible.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject:

How about if you participate in a tournament you get to avoid purge + looting rares is also allowed. So I guess you can just rely on Lorne to run tournaments and invite people. Everybody who goes into those tourneys stakes a death on the duel also. Its a decent incentive to sign up.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Newbie Q/A All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: