Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 7 hours.

Ideas for Group Gate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:58 am    Post subject: Ideas for Group Gate

For the next patch, I am looking to do something meaningful about group gate. I would like your ideas. I have not really came up with anything I am super sold on to change group gate after considering it for over a week, so I don't recommend thinking heavily about that. You will go nuts, although feel free to try. Its easier to think of replacements. Anyway, so here is the idea I've been just kicking around.

1) allow "blink" to specify a player, and bring dupes along with it. this gives this spell some offensive strategy. if you are in emerald, blinking through trees that normally block you to try to gank the guy before he realizes you are on him. he would need to be one room away geographically. this also something you could cast right away when someone flees, and blink right back onto them and continue kicking their ass. thats as much a flee murder counter as a chasing tool. this makes blink is sort of group gate but its 1 room and attacks
2) a spell that allows you to project your mirrors ahead, e.g. walking down the north road, to confuse the people chasing you. idea is to transfer group gate skill to this spell. this fucks with the people with the auto-attack triggers

Some suggestions , especially people play illusionists recently, would be appreciated. Also I am not saying we can't just add the above spells anyway, but I definitely have reservations atm. And I do want to improve them.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Hmm the first suggestion just sounds like free spear hand strike or whatever that shadow skill is so maybe have to build it up based off of similar spells. That way it would actually take a second to give the ability to just pop in a room and be attacking you. Also gotta make sure it doesnt work against guild guardians or cabal guardians.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject:

this seems op if blink is faster than flee lag. and if anyone is dumb enough to flee and sit in a room waiting for u to blink and kill them as an illusionist they are going to die regardless. Misdirection terrain dispel magic is already insane, i haven't play an ill in a while but I have played bunch just for pk purposes. If you want to make group gate useful make it so you auto attack if its successful against the person.

Also this is a bad idea for chars with counter, ur giving them a free attack and a chance to dirt you thus making ur dupes ineffective. This spell doesn't seem to have much use.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:08 am    Post subject:

it would be useful. the reason is because just blinking into a room and initating in one spell cast is safer than walking in and possibly getting attacked right away . you would have to be one room away and it would give you murder lag so you wouldnt really try it to kill someone who is fleeing, but spam if they are flee mudering. i didnt really think about counter. That's a really good point. i guess it could be backed up with something that replaces your murder with a spell of your choice. think i wrote down somewhere that they should do damage types that druids dont have access to. Anyway, I'm not looking to upgrade group gate, or upgrade illusionists while they still have group gate. i'm saying, lets replace it with something useful that you can pk people with.

thank you both for the ideas. keep them coming

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:03 am    Post subject: Gate is the best spell in the game

I have played lots of illusionists over the years and really like how they memorize duplicates now. Remember taking copies from the ford and quickly running into town to raise hell before they vanish, good times.

On Topic To fix group gate you allow the spell to gate in cursed/no gate rooms. There is a significant lag with group gate like using a nexus, so players can run or get some hits in before the illusionist can react. The only places off limits for gate should then be cabals and guildhalls.

For pk this is scary because no safe place to sleep but it is also annoying trying to get back to your group and you can't gate to them. For example the muddy trail where the group is sleeping, you get a quick snack, but cannot gate back, or the basement of the prison and you have to ask your party to move around so you can gate back.

What is the difference with portal and gate? It seems like you can open a portal to more places.

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:03 am    Post subject:

I hate endgame related things, but I like the concept of an area only accessible via group gate.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:52 am    Post subject:

Quasits would have an advantage if this blink change were to come into play. Their racial bonus cause fear could be the issue. Quasit flees, and spams blink while their opponent is briefly stunned by terror. Flee/stun, blink... repeat.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject:

Quasit cause fear only causes fear with the first flee for a period of time, no?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: