Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

Rules of the Abandoned Realms Forums
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject:

The forum moderation tool is added, so players can respond to rule violations. You should see a little fire-extinguisher icon in the top right corner of every post. Every moderator action is now also logged for oversight by the higher-ups.

I've opted not to offer threadlock to the general populace, since I can see from testing the tool that moderation - reports, action and oversight - is all extremely straightforward and very easy to use. This is definitely going to be successful. Also, I would just like to offer a word of advice to our moderator team. It is very easy to avoid a black eye by allowing player reports to guide action. Human nature, such as it is, requires a need to be heard (and an opinion to be given) at that juncture in time a thought itself occurs (when a feeling is FELT). If moderators are not careful to let this occur, feelings of resentment and distrust are going to arise regardless of the freedom to comment upon the issue at hand at a later point, because the damage has already been done.

If people have any further suggestions go ahead, but I'd like to return to working on the patch now (after a day or two of doing nothing).

Thank you for all the signatures.

1 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject:

This is great. IMO this is the right direction. The energy I get in general when playing AR these days is really really positive. I want to thank you Dav for creating that atmosphere, and all the imms and players too.

1 0 0
Necrobotica

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject:

I've not been playing for various reasons, but just saw this new policy released. This will be the reason I return. Thank you for the adjustments.

Necrobotica.

2 0 0
voidwitch

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Co-sign. Not trying to prolong the conversation, but I'm excited to return after reading this.

2 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: