Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 4 hours.

new server iP : 45.33.104.106 and new webclient
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:52 am    Post subject: new server iP : 45.33.104.106 and new webclient

The game now runs on the above IP. If you are a mushclient user you will probably need to update the IP. All data has been transferred from the previous server.

The webclient now runs on a dedicated $5 box of its own.
http://webclient.abandonedrealms.com
- this is the old link and it still running, but will receive no more updates and will not be linked to by the imms

http://portal.abandonedrealms.com
- this is the new webclient, designed and developed by Thorgoth, using cool things I dont understand. He had a compiler for css called gulp or something. Please check it out. I've already tested it quite a bit myself so dont worry about being a guinea pig for the new server. Its a very nice client. Thorgoth has put a ton of work into that, he deserves your thanks and feedback.

0 0 0
Rothak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:22 am    Post subject:

Not sure what the differences are between the old and new web clients, but I’m sure Thorgoth put a lot of work into it. The only thing I noticed immediately is the font and font size is different than before. Maybe it’s just Mozilla doing its thing, I’m not too sure though as I am not tech savvy.

0 0 0
Ozaru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject:

by the way the abandonedrealms.com site isn't working for me i have to do a google search then click on the forum link to get to the site.

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Also, if you now click on "View recent additions and changes" in the Codex it takes you to https://abandonedrealms.com/realms/areas/items/recentlyupdated.php which is missing all the text/font/color formatting like it used to have.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:23 pm    Post subject:

These are css issues which I am still working through. Feel free to bump any pages you guys think should be higher priority.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Minor thing, but the voting ranks aren't showing on forum anymore (at least for subsilver)

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:53 pm    Post subject:

To piggy back off Rothak's comment (the font change seems like such a minor thing, but it is so jarring to my retarded ass lol)

I also noticed that the input box doesn't behave very uniformly when using the up and down arrow keys. Pressing up will bring up a past input but not always the most recent one, I can't quite figure out how it's working but it's unpredictable unlike the old one. Also pressing the down arrow does nothing, rather than clear the input like the old one.

Also like Rothak I have no idea how any of this is created and unsure if those are easily implementable things or not, but they both have a severe influence on my ability to use the client.

Also want to emphasize that I really appreciate all the work put in by everyone involved, including Thorgoth, and don't want to side unappreciative, demanding, or entitled or anything. Just wanted to voice my observations. Thanks!

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:30 am    Post subject:

Yes that ones pretty much a 2 liner whenever.
We can keep the old link working for a while but eventually we do want to get everybody on the new page because it allows us to collect analytics and is useable on a cellphone (that is the major upgradE). Possibly I jumped the gun releasing but its in a place we need feedback

- numpad
- up/down arrow -- FIXED
- font

1 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:06 am    Post subject:

what is the font and font size of the original webclient?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:35 am    Post subject:

13 px roboto mono i think

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject:

First off - thank you for that Dav. It’s nice to contribute to something around here.

Feel free to throw everything on here that you guys find as a bug or they looks wonky. We were only two doing really fast coding and testing to get a responsive version of the webclient our that adapts to all devices, not just desktop. Ultimately that will be the largest change you’ll see in the new client, amongst multiple cosmetic updates and some minor changes to functionality.

Also - The font change that you are seeing is that we are actually using Roboto font now instead of it being incorrectly referenced and your browser dropping in default fonts to compensate for the bad code. It’s on my radar at the moment to get a settings feature in that will let you guys customize size and font type so that you can choose. Fonts are just one of those things that are purely subjective to personal taste and you guys should get to control that flavor.

Like I said before, feel free to drop anything else you see and once the dust has settled a bit, we can consider opening up a feature request forum to take requests (pending Imm approval of course).

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Just so you know when you log in from the web client on the page it reads someone else logging in as your own IP. For example I tried to log in and it said you have a 27 minute wait which obviously means someone with a cabal char used the web portal to log in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:47 am    Post subject:

God(s) bless any and all who attempt to make QoL upgrades for those of us who are too lazy or stupid to purchase and/or learn to use a proper client. I adore all of those who put any time (including leaving constructive feedback) into this, or any improvement like it. Will try to help you help me, by pointing out things I liked better about old webclient. On that note, the (or perhaps just my) communication window does not automatically scroll down. This sucked a lot for me as I learned I was missing vital communications. Whatever, learn to read faster, noob! Right!?!? Anyway, if it did, that would be even more super awesome than it already is, thanks all so very much for the efforts.

1 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:49 am    Post subject:

Also, my command pad seems to be mirrored (backwards, left to right!?). Not a deal breaker, but confusing to us mentally challenged.

1 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:52 am    Post subject:

Hamsammich, the input line was a bit offputting for me as well, at first, but the fact that I could start a line, and then it would bring up all commands I had entered that started similarly, (I thought) was amazing! Not clearing with the down arrow, yeah, that kinda sucked, but easily adjusted to (on my end). There appears to be a way now to have the command auto clear though! See the "gear box" looking icon to the right of the comand line.

1 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:57 am    Post subject:

Apologies, I seem to have forgotten to not post after getting way too high. One could also wish for a way to toggle(or in my case just close) the quest window. Also, if pets/charmies only displayed keywords, that might be helpful for uncluttering the GROUP window??!? If any are dumb or too much to ask, feel free to let me know how stupid it/they(I) are(am). Thanks

1 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:17 am    Post subject:

Blade, that login thing might mean something unexpected, not necessarily an error. A while back I had been receiving messages similar(I thought in error), and it was brought to light that someone from my internet provider was also visiting AR!!! Kinda sucked, they got caballed, and shared approximate login times, sometimes I would have to wait 30 like a week straight in a row. Also never found out who, which sucked a lot, but just saying.

1 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:19 am    Post subject:

And just to make it an even half a dozen posts....Thanks for the upgraded webclient, really. The old one worked fine for me, but the last few days I have been unable to use the website, and playing thru mudconnector!!! OMFG I missed the webclient, and realized how spoiled I got and how much I took the website, including webclient, for granted. I love AR!

1 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:25 am    Post subject:

Damn, gotta go for 7. The map function on the new webclient does not appear to function, at least from where I am, not that I need it to, I can always new window the sites map.

1 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:10 am    Post subject:

I've just been using the old webclient. But I used the new one just now to make sure I was informed before posting.

Honestly it's very similar, and it's great. The text looks like it's the same font now, but I think maybe it's just smaller? It gives me a headache after a bit because I'm just blind af I guess.

The only other thing I personally have noticed is like I said before, the down arrow clearing the input is crucial to me. I fuck stuff up and type things wrong a LOT. I also will type out commands in advance and wait for the right moment, but then maybe i change my mind last second and decide I don't want that command I want a different one. Bam down arrow and a quick new type and I'm ready. Having to backspace everything is going to screw me over real hard.

That's the extent of me whining though. Honestly it's very well put together and great work done by Thorgoth and whoever else, if any, were involved.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Updates All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: