Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 15 hours, 34 mins.

Abandoned Realms Fundraising Drive 2020
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:05 pm    Post subject: Abandoned Realms Fundraising Drive 2020

Abandoned realms is and always will be Completely Free!

Please see my post in the polls section for more info.

The AR treasury is up and running and the first contribution is in!

There is absolutely no expectation for people to contribute and no in game rewards for doing so, other than more players gained through advertising!

The best thing you can do for AR is to play it, enjoy it, and share it with your friends! For those that would like to donate money to the advertising campaign, please send donations to AR PayPal treasury at:

ARTreasurythk@gmail.com

I will write further here with fund amounts and advertising plans. I am a big fan of transparency and feedback. Thanks again for considering and thanks for playing!

1 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:14 am    Post subject:

I had ordered some AR cloth face masks a while ago and they sent me 4 extra ones by mistake. Just for fun, everybody who donates to the advertising campaign will be entered into a draw to receive one! If you win and don’t want it, you can pick someone else for it to go to. Shipping is on me, even to Ireland or Malaysia!

No clue how to add a pic here so if you want to take a look at them just ask in the discord channel (you can see link for discord on main page).

0 0 0
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject:

Donation sent

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject:

That brings up a great point! When you send a donation please include your forum name in the comments or if you’ve already sent one, please PM me the name you sent it with. Just need this info so I can enter you into the draw for a mask! Thanks! If you want to be anonymous and not be entered in draw then no worries, don’t have to tell me anything.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Great job guys! We are up to ~$350! If you want to get in on the draw for an AR cloth mask, feel free to make a contribution of any denomination. We are a ways off from ZMUD/Cmud advertising and I’m still waiting to hear back from topmudsites. Mudlet is willing to list us if we meet specific criteria (we are close). Reddit has a section for mud of the month I’ll nominate us for. Feel free to add ideas!

Thanks for playing AR!

0 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Great job getting this organized. I don't think the zMud/cMud route will give you much return on your investment. I think TopMudSites and Mudconnector are better options. You could also look into costs of advertising on reddit subs like https://www.reddit.com/r/MUD/

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Definitely, thanks Kalist.

We should consider dropping our name in here too since it’s one of the first results in Google when you search for MUDs.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_MUDs

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:03 pm    Post subject:

We could also consider running Social Media ads targeting people who plays games and/or specifically MUDs for a week or so to see if we can’t generate some new people. $5 bucks a day for a week could get us some solid exposure, but we may want to do some work before hand to build out a Newbie Tutorial to send people through before dumping them into the game. Just a thought!

0 0 0
Erlwith

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Yes awesome thanks for putting this together Kalist. To Thorgoth's point I think that is a great idea for social media ads targeting mud players.

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:20 am    Post subject:

Donated.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Awesome ideas guys!

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Do we have any info to go off of with this advertising to see what has worked, versus what hasn't worked? Or are we doing this all from scratch and hoping to pick the option with the best ROI?
Zuggsoft sounds like a waste of time. Social media campaigns, paying for a "boost" with facebook ads, etc.. is probably one of our better options, IMO.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:50 pm    Post subject:

newsletter works best out of everything we've tried ever so far

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:39 pm    Post subject:

I ended up getting here from some site or other listing a ton of MUDs and AR was on the side so I missed it for a while... I believe the Wolfpaw affiliation made some difference in visibility (though it also meant I had dismissed it, ironically).

(Then again, I also came here after CF had temporarily lost their server around January of 2010... But I stayed because there are many more awesome features here!)

Perhaps we need to ask ourselves what might draw a person to the game (not necessarily a MUD player specifically). The fast-paced action of PKing doesn't require top-end hardware to remain competitive. The role-playing element would probably attract some niche groups from MMORPGs. I like the customization available at Peaches' place, with the only limit being the imagination instead of what some artist decided to add to a game.

On the other hand, and this is coming from somebody who played another game where the ownership changed hands... What one of the new administrators did at one point to determine interest/potential activity was sending out a mass email to every address which had registered at the game, basically reminding players the game existed and saying it was still up and running. Maybe that is something to consider.

Just some additional thoughts you understand... Not trying to hijack the topic, just giving some ideas.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:26 pm    Post subject:

"sending out a mass email to every address which had registered at the game" I think that's what the newsletter basically did. It did work pretty well.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:34 am    Post subject:

i would like to see more people playing who are just new to muds and gaming because text games is a special interest if possible. An ad in retrogamer magzine may get that done. At least that would be seen by people who are willing to read. Trying to think of whether that would work during a pandemic

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject:

On the topic of increasing pbase, please everyone remember to vote using the two voting buttons in the upper-right corner of the website, and also see Dav's latest update about a change to MudConnector voting here: https://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1472&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=833

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:49 am    Post subject:

Awesome job guys, we are up to $450 canadian / $335 USD (prev amount I posted was canadian)!

I like the ideas coming out! I got in touch with topmudsites and their packages and prices are up to date http://www.topmudsites.com/advertise.shtml

I also like the idea of Reddit advertising so I've got to read about that (started but there's a lot there..) and retrogamer is a sweet idea too.

Keep them coming! I'll try to get some details for the ones we've thought of so far.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Kalst, I just donated a good chunk. Hope that opens up more options.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Thank you Xenyar!

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: