Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 14 hours.

Ideas for heavens gate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:34 am    Post subject: Ideas for heavens gate

Given that this spell is totally broken at the moment anyway, we thought it might be good to field ideas for a refresh.

Options to start:
- keep it the same but add adrenaline instead of divine power. this would make it useless as an escape tool though. this is currently what we are planning to do.
- setting beacon changes your "word of recall" location to that location. So this way, you can't easily combo it with a gate spell to be able to just hide behind aggro mobs, and in fact what it does is set your "home". so you could recall to your lair or your priest temple or whatever. (using a recall potion could still send you to usual temple.. this gives the same behavior as before but isnt just free of charge)
- heavens gate could also be used to "join" a groupmate (anywhere in the world that permits magical travel). using it this way would give you both some damage resistance to last until the healer is out of lag. this would be available infrequently to use
- heavens gate could be used to "transfer" a groupmate to you (anywhere in world also. ) also available infrequently
- maybe setting a heavens gate beacon would create a permanent mob in the room (like an angelic spirit or a burning bush ) that actually serves as a beacon. so evils can track down and kill to put an end to your beacon

Please reply below with other options or if any of these seem appealing (and fit healers)

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:08 pm    Post subject:

I really like the ieda of having a beacon that is visible where your location is set. Right now, you have to hope to find where they are hiding, but that would allow someone who reallly hates a healer to legitimately scout out that location and choose to either lay an ambush or destory the beacon.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:09 pm    Post subject:

interesting idea for the last one, does the mob persist when the healer is not around? can you differentiate between mobs created by different healers?

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Code:
A divine messenger arrives with a blinding aura, opening a gate.

<100hp 100m 100mv> look messenger

An angelic, winged being is here with a blinding white aura, so
that most details of its facial features and physical attributes are
not discernible. There is a calming nature to its presence, and as
it hovers slightly above the ground, there is an audible thrumming
vibration which emanates from the being’s core. As the messenger
turns its gaze upon its surroundings, an overwhelming sense of
love and peace can be felt radiating from it.
A necktag says ‘I belong to Healer.’
A divine messenger is in excellent condition.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Well I wasn't really expecting the beacon thing to stick, but cool. Since it is supposed to be a beacon, I imagined a locateable titem/mob behaving very like a lightning rod. So then the heavens gate can be a spell like teleport, such that if your beacon exists you teleport to that, and if your beacon doesn't exist you'll literally just teleport normally (and possibly die from teleport). I think we all are familiar with the teleport spell and can immediately understand the value of a beacon item (or mob) to ground that spell to one location. I also see this being an instant cast spell like teleport, and not a 5 round windup spell. All of this is better in line with its namesake which is a cult of idiots who thought if they wore nikes and drank poison they'd land on a UFO following halley's comet. There was no UFO and they died. That's teleport.

The beacon itself could just be a blaze that lasts the same duration as blanket of darkness so that there's some anti-symmetry between the healers and shamans of AR. Of course you could always return to your beacon to top its duration up. A guy could potentially pour a barrel of cold water on it, although I feel that would be better left to actually casting blanket of darkness or flash flood, or an ice storm, or ikuzachi, or some other powerful spell to destroy a beacon. It could also some sort of more permanent religious statue that other people can think of a way to desecrate via whatever spells at their disposal. Bash skill, exploding thier zombies, etc. The same stuff we can destroy lair doors with. I already wrote all the code for this. Out of these two I think I like the statue more, for customization, although the word "beacon" would have to appear somewhere in the name.

What'd be really useful for the guy trying to fight the healer is just leave a sort of vapor trail behind so that if they teleport in the same room the healer teleported from, they'd have a chance of ending up teleporting to wherever the healer teleported. Not perfect but at least there is a crapshoot chance of teleporting onto the healer, and without the usual lethality chance, so no harm in trying. That may be useful for teleport in general.

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:55 pm    Post subject:

I think this nerfs an already nerfed escape spell. Might as well nerf casting/communing word of recall.

I dont think heavens gate has changed much since many years ago except for this divine power thing which is already a big nerf. You cant use it back and forth like old times.

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:17 pm    Post subject:

I forgot to mention that I'll be removing the full divine power part. Its rendered it unuseable. It'll be one level of DP if any.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:10 am    Post subject:

Having a healer be able to basically teleport directly to you via heavens gate would make my dick so hard or if I get pulled to them like that one mystic power I’m not gonna Say it but yea. Also the locateable beacon or creature is also a nice idea
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: