Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 14 hours.

Welcome to the Wish List
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:58 am    Post subject: Welcome to the Wish List

This next patch (expected in January sometime) will be mainly bugfixes. Beyond that, please post in your "wishlist" ideas and we will do our best to implement all of them if we feel there's a good fit.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:47 am    Post subject:

As an early strythmas present to everyone, I scoured the first part of the idea submissions and picked out some good ones.

QOL
Immortal: [BUG] roster command should show the appointed herald/mystic
Javey: [FEATURE] As far as the autoprompt, can we have a verbos description like Kewlin-perfect, Kewlin-hurt, Kewlin-awful condition. or something would help with logs a lot
Immortal: [FEATURE] compose clear, or compose default, to revert changes
Immortal: [BUG] add recharge
Immortal: [FEATURE] allow characters to practice at a pinnacled person of the same guild, as if the pinnacle is 'teaching' the younger member of his guild.
Immortal: [FEATURE] A spell for healers: resurrect - they could cast it on player corpses and negate the affects of a death. This would also instantly pull the player back to that corpse.
[FEATURE] A list of active and recent warlords, so records can be easily examined.
Immortal: [FEATURE] add intoxication as showing up in your score (when intoxicated)
Davairus: [BUG] Libera: [FEATURE] a way to apply an ecast to spells without using the ecast function, somewhat like how bards have compose
Rohandric: [FEATURE] similar to how we are able to ask the Gods to convert 10 hp into a Train, could we have a way to convert spare practices into something, when we have less than 10 available and therefore can't convert them into a train?
Immortal: [FEATURE] add (%) at end of skill/spell improve messages
Immortal: [FEATURE] adding: channel <spell short cuts> - for those that use them frequently - minor but handy
Immortal: [FEATURE] report targets health condition after any healing spell.
Immortal: [FEATURE] new command 'explored' shows last 5-10 areas your character travelled through recently
Immortal: [FEATURE] since the website map is out of date, why not add a line to the area helps of general location "near xyz" or "SW of xyz"
Immortal: [FEATURE] campfire should make room light up at least if nothing else I have no light and it is still dark with a campfire!

FUN!
Immortal: [FEATURE] death by extreme violence: when you die so hard that respawing in the temple isnt an option, and the priests have to rez you near your corpse
Vevier: [FEATURE] traveling with an adherant should give a small boost to your group based on your religion
Immortal: [FEATURE] npcs responding to weather to stimulate cabal immersion
Immortal: [FEATURE] library room/object that lets you store only parchment/book type items inside and allows them to persist over reboot (this would be a lair object now, and should allow you to remove the books without destroying them)
-Vevier's additional request: Coffee table with space for one book that can be read without removing it.
Immortal: [FEATURE] guild war banner. player could maybe buy these / unlock others by doing stuff. some customization. use with guild reward
Immortal: [FEATURE] I would like to create a Noble Hierarchy for Knights - High Lord/Lady, Duke/Duchess, Baron/Baroness, Viscount/Viscountess.
Rethiel: [FEATURE] thiefs should be able to slight of hand an ace in poker

FUNNY
Rethiel: [FEATURE] If you drop a fish in water, it swims away. (echo, purge self)
Olyn: [BUG] bard brawl should be a special fighting style for drunk bards, where you can wield any object e.g. a canoe and fight with it, e.g. Crisbin's canoe MANGLES you!
Immortal: [FEATURE] from vanisse, undoing a fine should bury you in paperwork at iluvim for 3 hours
Immortal: [FEATURE] the circus moves
[FEATURE] skill called water spigot used only in wooded areas, it would work by tapping into a tree and drawing water out of it

FRIGHTENING!
Immortal: [BUG] I really miss being able to feed people blue-capped mushrooms. Can we re-enable pill feeding except when pills have "teleport"?
DEM [LEGION] Nycticora: feature request: Thieves reverse stealing (Plant items on a person, like poisoned beef)
Immortal: [FEATURE] ice storm underwater causes immediate vicinity to freeze, chance of trapping people in place
Immortal: [FEATURE] Paladin - Named Weapon - A Paladin can name a weapon of a non-magical type, which will turn the weapon holy and will come when called. The damage is still physical. The weapon cannot be separated form the Paladin by any mortal means.
Sylos: [FEATURE] New Coterie 'HUNTERS". All this influx of the undead. Will also be the Birth of the Hunters. Who will seek out and destroy them.

Vevier's personal wish list:
Stake works at any level if you find the vampire in their coffin

0 0 0
jaran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:53 am    Post subject:

Psi's!

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:58 am    Post subject:

new classes take 2 years

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Avian bards please. Let the birdies sing!

1 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject:

ok, I have three feature requests for wish list.

1. Ability to delete own posts (Not invalidated, but delete) for 1 hour after posting. Give people the ability to instantly correct accidentally outing themselves. Changing to 5 minutes would be fine too.

2. Ability to put custom tags on your dashboard so you can label characters. For instance, if you are experimenting with something and are currently rolling 4-5 pallies to test out new stuff you can tag them for which is which in case your memory is poor (Like me)

3. Ability to manually link old characters to dashboard from before the dashboard was available (Long shot I know but hoping it's possible)

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Wardrobe function reworked so that you can switch into save gear or rp gear with a command. Or maybe to set up an alternative to guild outfit and you pay the value of all the items each time you purchase, chip cost would be on submission of the final layout and revision fee for edits.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Or a wardrobe function that completely changes your look but doesn't reduce your stats. Like to examine what kind of rares you gotta examine someone instead of look.

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject:

I’ve posted all of these in “ideas and suggestions” and believe they were all well received, but have maybe just been forgotten. Want to rehash them here because I still have them on my wishlist

https://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12832 search by mob name in the codex

https://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12954 erage

https://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12961 pose during meditation

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Maybe a ranger or druid ability where they choose "nature's enemy" (someone they view as a threat to the wilderness, someone they've viewed harming animals/wildlife/whatever; basically an RP'ed target). That target has to be within PK range, and when they enter certain areas (any non-cities; wooded areas, open sea, etc.) the creatures there report to the ranger/druid that the "enemy has been spotted" via a sort of telepathic nature call. This is sort of a twist on Justice alerts.

Also, it would need a cool down, both from use and if the target is slain, so the ranger/druid can't go around hunting one target after another quickly. The cool down is because "it takes a while for the message to travel on the winds of Serin" or something to get it to all the creatures. And probably a lag on initial use too, as the "message is being sent out," or maybe the ranger/druid uses a group of carrier pigeons or squirrels or something to send it out.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject:

enter the squirrel army!

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:35 pm    Post subject:

@Vhrael I could see like an animal messenger, but I feel like it should be a skill you use. Something like, "forest friends" Vhrael. (Maybe less corny)

You fail to connect to the forest (failed skill).

A squirrel emerges, "squeek", and runs off. -Vhrael is not in any forest.

A spirit wolf approaches and you hear a voice in your mind, "Vhrael was spotted in the Emerald Forest".

Maybe a nymph steps out of a tree and says, "... if you don't care for telepathic wolf spirits.

For me anyways I can see this like a skill for rangers and druids to track in forests.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:43 pm    Post subject:

My one wish is for everyone to be able to create a vampire or alhoon or other special race template with a prompted warning that those races are hard to play and should not be your first character in AR.

Open the flood gates, unshackle, unchain and share your toys.

Maybe I was unclear in previous years, so one more time, please enable all the special races for anyone with a verified account.

1 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:58 pm    Post subject:

The image of a bunch of first time vampires/alhoons walking around fighting swathes of Paladins is wildly entertaining. What a blood bath!

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Good luck gray I asked this for almost ten years. Now that I can play a vampire I do not want everyone else to play them because I earned that and it truly is an accomplishment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 1
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Would it be possible to add a “guild points” column to the account page with all of our chars? It can be a bit hard to keep track of....

Asking for a friend Shocked

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject:

Not sure if this was suggested before, I was wondering if it makes sense to add some kind of in-game bulletin board in the town taverns or common areas such that players can actually "pin" notices onto these bulletin boards that allow other players to read these notices from the board in the same room if they wish to.

These notices can serve several in-game functions such as:
- call for equipment hunting quests
- warning notices about certain individuals
- general information sharing
- issuing challenges
- thrash talk?

I know that there is already a "note" system in-game, but personally I wouldn't just send a "note to all" as it feels too excessive. The current "note" system functions well for cabal-related matters and for world-wide announcements from admins, but it just doesn't feel as immersive.

Very much similar to the forum that we have on the AR website, I've got a feeling that players will be more interested to post and read such bulletin notices in-game, whether anonymous or otherwise.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:47 pm    Post subject:

You should be able to hire a herald to write on the in town boards for you for now, though I agree, being able to post your own stuff would be fun.

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:31 pm    Post subject:

A herald or a scholar? If the scholars opt to be Heralds they still get the herald tag? It's hard to know because I don't think I've seen a Mystic or a Herald tag since Scholar became a thing. Admittedly I don't know anything about it because I've never made one. I should someday

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:46 pm    Post subject:

I want to add to the wishlist:

A way to log in the webclient. Either by a built in logging feature, or (this seems easier to me and just as good, but I'm no expert) make it so it doesn't clear the feed when you log out. The old one was this way. That way you can just scroll back and copy/paste whatever to make a log.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: