Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 11 hours, 29 mins.

Trick or Tweak (adjustments for Strythowe'en)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:23 pm    Post subject: Trick or Tweak (adjustments for Strythowe'en)

I thought we might have a thread where we can identify minor tweaks to throw down for Hallowe'en, especially with regards to the new stuff we just uncorked. Like success rates that are too high/too low, mana costs too high/low, etc. Just looking for turning valves here.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:43 pm    Post subject:

The cost on protective shield is too high, in my opinion. I believe it could easily be half, not because it is not worth it, but because you cast it with a laundry list that depletes your mana.

The spell costs 80 mana at it's lowest and you are immune to bash and a few other skills for a bit, so by itself it is worth it.

An illusionist for example is something like casting armor, stone skin, giant str, protective shield, weapon ward and blur before any duplicates, haste, enlarge whatever. This class easily burns through mana as they burn out quickly. When we consider where all the mana went, protective shield is as much as the rest of their protective spells combined.

An invoker casts armor, shield, protective shield, weapon ward, then the higher protection like sanctuary, an elemental shield, barrier or mana shield. Now that you got all your spells you use mana to keep up barrier or mana shield to soak damage (as they should). When looking at the invoker spells we are saying protective shield is equal to sanctuary.

Weapon ward is more powerful than protective shield, but the cost on weapon ward seems like bargain in comparison. I don't want to jack the price on weapon ward but I think protective shield should come down to that level.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject:

I've seen several monks complain about not being able to complete quests or get weapons for groupmates/allies. Maybe change that to can't wield instead of can't pick up.

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:43 am    Post subject:

I thought I have seen monks train with weapons, was this a recent update?

0 0 0
Ceridwel
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:20 am    Post subject:

Correct: https://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13062

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:56 am    Post subject:

How about improvised weapon for monks. The bard one where they could use anything but not be a master of any weapon.

I am not sure how this would effect the game, just a thought.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:58 am    Post subject:

How about changing the name of “forsaken” for evil werebeasts to something else like “cursed” or “afflicted” or something? It just seems weird to my brain to associate the word “forsaken” with anything other than the leader of legion. Unless..I guess if someone made a forsaken forsaken ....but that seems weird too.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject:

kalist it is already changed. It is considered a raknos now

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Oh cool thanks!

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:24 am    Post subject:

Should druids get staff block like healers? Because healers have healer staff and druids have Druid staff?

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:10 am    Post subject:

We dont have much time left until a patch now, so, this is a last shout-out to invite any suggested balance tweaks. Also a reminder that I'll probably push back (if for no other reason, to test how strong your convictions are about it) but dont let my headstrong attitude discourage you, I'll listen to reasoned arguments even if it sounds like I'm just being defensive. Its not really the best medium for the discussion, time is limited, and we all have to make do. Olyn is around to help check math as well. I especially appreciate any efforts you guys are making to direct us to the important issues. Thanks.

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Elf paladins are fucking broken to fight. Sad

1 0 0
Olyn
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:53 am    Post subject:

We've been monitoring the changes from last patch pretty closely, including the paladin oaths. There will probably be some tweaks to the feint defense in the next patch, among other things.

1 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject:

I was hoping that 50-ore forged armor can be customized with a choice to not be "heavy" armor only. Maybe with an added option to be medium or light too?

1 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Also while looking at paladins, wrath seems a bit broken even when close to dead, given the changes to combat specs. Out damaging all caster classes with wrath while also getting all the combat benefits might need some tweaking.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:51 pm    Post subject:

1: PLEASE allow firegiants to be lawful.
2: PLEASE tell lorne to fuck a goat with not being allowed communed healing
3: none of these are important issues i just felt like sharing what i wanted.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject:

OK we talked about wrath before. You should just do a forum search. I don't want to rehash that again. If you want to nerf or buff paladins, the best way to do it is in tweaking their mana costs, they live or die by efficient spells.

0 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject:

I'm surprised i'm not alone in thinking wrath is OP. The convo we had about wrath was pre-paladin change. Now it's even worse.

Does Thalandir even use up his mana pool? He probably has like 75% mana left because he hits a few murders and wins the fight. Lol. Genuinely curious, does Thalandir even need to cure?

0 0 1
Ozaru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Don't change a damn thing about Paladins. Where is the evil circle jerk gank squad? Keep playing 15 hours a day buddy you are cleaning up this game from the inside out.

2 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Yeah if anything paladins needs a buff. Divine might needs to be scaled up by around 10%. It's too weak now. Anything less than *** damage is not worth having.

0 0 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: