Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 5 hours.

Should Imms have access to player lists?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Well, should imms have access to player lists or not?
Yes, free for all with imms having access to player lists.
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
No, not at all. Only Dav has access so it's moderated appropriately.
70%
 70%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 20

Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:26 pm    Post subject:

I have a feeling that this sort of system would result in fewer even fights rather than more. Any system that allows you to choose an option to make this more fair would as easily be used to tip some already unbalanced scales even further.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject:

People already scout.

I was thinking you would be able to check a list of only visible players and take a 15 min penalty if you back out of logging in. So when bob the illusionist feels like logging his ninja in first to look for EVERY single player online, he instead takes the path of least resistance because its good enough and quicker. The pro is you can "look before you leap" and the con is you don't get to see thieves.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:51 am    Post subject:

Quite literally this is the worst idea. If you don't think this can be abused, I don't know what to tell you.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:54 am    Post subject:

Maybe you could begin by telling us how you can easily abuse it, so we can consider that for next time. It is kinda hard to imagine every scummy thing people think of doing while not being the kind of person to do that

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:01 am    Post subject:

One person "Logs on" and lets their friend now after seeing the list. We are rushing the inevitable.

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:11 am    Post subject:

I do not think knowing what characters are logged in currently are the issue. As has been pointed out, anyone can scout and show up ten minutes later with whomever they have in their stables. Also, IMO (again, fairly worthless) the issue does not necessarily lie in the OOC aspect of people sharing knowledge that only their characters should have. (Which sucks a lot, and I do not do, and I find shitty, but no idea how to try to limit this kind of asshattery.)I believe the issue lies in the ease of abuse of knowing who is behind each character with whatever command that is available to immortals to see IP adresses or the like, and I believe that with this knowledge being restricted heavily, its abuse will (or should) also be heavily restricted. Also, speaking of beliefs, I believe that this has been modified to only be available to IMPs, with the knowledge that this will put more "enforecement" duties on (well, I don't actually know, so this is I suppose, a guess) said IMPs. So, from my lowly viewpoint Dav has taken away from his available time to do (arguably) more important tasks, to now have only ?? a few ?? or only himself ?? to handle investigations into OOC incidents, or harrassment due to who is behind certain characters. Thanks for making that choice Dav, even though you know it will make more bullshit pile up on your own plate.

0 0 0
Kedaleam
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:15 am    Post subject:

Anyone can scout, correct. The issue is login in times.

This is my last point. I'm going to stick with it, call me Trump if you want because nothing you can argue will change my mind. I'll stick with my previous statements and good luck.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:30 am    Post subject:

OK I just wanted to try to get that fair but I can see this way isnt feasible now, so I just wont do it.

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Is it really that hard to figure out who plays who and what they're doing? I don't even try, but after playing a couple of years, you just know. Especially when you PK. It's like a fingerprint, everyone outs themselves.

...Except for BF.

0 0 0
Kornhole

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Mikoos, I have to disagree. I have played a very long time, and I feel it is more of a mindset. If you try to not give a fuck who is behind each character, you never even think about it. Personally, I find this MUCH more enjoyable, I nearly puked IRL when the thought crossed my mind that the character I was interacting with might be player X. Fuck that shit, because then you are NEVER able to keep your character IC.

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:27 pm    Post subject:

I don't try. It's just when they move to certain areas while fighting, and use other styles my brain switches to a mode to guess their future moves then plan three moves ahead.

What's even more disturbing is, if you can't guess who plays who, you can guess a group they were affiliated with when they started playing because most players started with a friend group, learned from each other and developed the same habits. We need an East coast vs the northwest. Wink It's not really guessing your bran just knows @.@

Anyway What I'm trying to get at is, imms can figure out who's cheating and what's going on with limited information.

OR it's time AR implements SSL and some weird blockchain technology of trust.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: