Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 4 hours.

See how many players are online before logging in?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you want to know how many people are online before entering your char name to log in?
Yes
29%
 29%  [ 7 ]
No
41%
 41%  [ 10 ]
I'm not sure if this would be good or bad
29%
 29%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 24

Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject: See how many players are online before logging in?

Hi guys, here's an idea that's sort of related to the recent shitsto...er..discussion.

What if, as soon as you connect to AR, before entering your char name, you can see how many players are online?

It won't tell you who is on or anything like that. It would just look like:
There are currently 14 characters online.

This could help you decide what char you want to log on (ie if you are in the mood for solo training, stocking up on supplies, etc or if there are lots on you might be able to scrum up a group for leveling, adventuring, or find many victims for killing).

I don't know if it's a good idea or bad idea but I just wanted to throw it out there and see what people think.

0 0 0
Vhrael
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject:

As long as this only counted visible characters (those visible to a human without detect invis, etc.; not hidden, shadowform, invis, camouflaged, etc.) I would be far more supportive of this than the who list being visible. It's essentially the same thing, just not specific names/character identities.

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Im for it, but asshats are going to abuse it like everything else.

0 0 0
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:26 pm    Post subject:

I see the reasoning behind this, but I wonder if that info might be a turnoff for new players who connect during off-peak hours.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:02 am    Post subject:

Those are good points. I voted for “I don’t know if this is good or not” myself. Honestly not sure. It’s cool how the poll is pretty even.

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:57 am    Post subject:

For sure if we do this, it might be good to include the monthly cap, like we have on "WHO" to avoid the issue raised by Vanisse (or the newbies get turned off by the truth, no helping that).

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:27 am    Post subject:

I'd be more interested in pendulum status than count online. Also the item captures used to be broadcast on twitter until I pulled AR from all social media. So we know already that isn't game-breaking feature. I'm not sure there's many of us who actually focus on the number of people login, but we do care about the swings of power I mentioned

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:07 am    Post subject:

Hard NO.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:16 am    Post subject:

Nah, keep it as is. Log in, and let it be. You can always run and quit out if the odds are stacked up for your liking.

If anything, have a 30 min delay on the players time played showing on ratings page. That way ppl can't see whoever logout right away, so "now it's safe to log on". Then again, you can log out and right back in to trick those refreshing that page over and over.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Voted no, there are enough places to hide so you can switch characters if you really need to.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Ideas and Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: