Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

What Race/Class Combo do you think is most fun to play?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Race/Class Combo do you think is most fun to play?
Jotun Paladin
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Gnome Invoker
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Halfling Thief
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Drow Dark-knight
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Duergar Shaman
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Beast Ranger
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Stone Warrior
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Fire Berserker
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Avian Necromancer
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other(Put in comments)
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 14

Ashlyn

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 8:41 pm    Post subject: What Race/Class Combo do you think is most fun to play?

Looking for inspiration, put your reasons in the comments!

0 0 0
dead

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Treant Druid

0 0 0
Mogu

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Drow dark-knight. What Militha did was really impressive. Complicated class but when played well can be very dominant. Would love to see another prominent drow dark-knight.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 3:20 am    Post subject:

Just like their counterpart, DK's are absolute offensive powerhouses. I loved playing drow years ago. Jotun would be the obvious go-to now. I would say human/alhoon necromancer used to be my fave...but, necro doesn't look super appealing to me anymore. And alhoon would be plain stupid to roll these days...

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Avian ninja, when ninjas were playable (I can't stand shadows, maybe i should give them another try, idk)

Quasit invoker (justice) is close second for me

Last edited by Esivole on Sat May 13, 2023 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 8:20 pm    Post subject:

I voted Duergar Shaman, because they are L33t.

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Human healers are obviously the best. Followed closely by dwarf healers.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 11:50 pm    Post subject:

I voted drow DK, though that's of the ones listed and I can't pick multiple options.

Healers can be fun - I'd say dwarf, elf, avian, and storm giant all have potential in their own ways. Zelbin's player (I don't know if he's still active on the forums) certainly seemed to enjoy dwarf healers, based on the fact that I can name four of his previous characters which were dwarf healers. Elf healer has a ridiculous amount of sustain, probably more so now with the changes to iron vulnerability... Avian healers actually have a niche now thanks to the introduction of the tracking command (since only they can FLY and LAND at will, and you can't track while flying). Storm giant healer... Well look at what Vanisse accomplished as Serra.

I'm actually more partial to minotaur berserkers than fire giants because of their enhanced charge and headbutt abilities.

Never tried a duergar shaman, but if you're patient a fire giant shaman can be incredibly rewarding. Drow shamans tend to do okay unless fighting vengeance paladins. Human shamans have great PK level advantages at pinnacle.

Illusionists can be fun at times. But PKing with one can be difficult. Illithid has cone of force but you might as well play a psi if you do that.

Half-elf paladins are overlooked sometimes. If you want to play solo they're a really good option because of the Greginsham Plate legacy, which makes ranking much easier. There's plenty of potential for RP with them too, as is typical with half-elves.

Quasit invoker is probably the best invoker because of their chosen passive resistance and flight capacity (or that was the case prior to tracking being introduced...).

The Raknos can be fun to play as a ranger (I don't think you can play them as a druid).

Speaking of, the three druids I especially like are werebeast, dwarf, and avian. A chaotic neutral avian druid is a path which lends itself to having fun. Never really played a treant so I can't speak to their abilities or lack thereof.

Storm giant warriors in my experience are surprisingly good, though you probably wouldn't want to make one a Warlord. Conversely, drow warrior is perhaps the worst race/class combo in the game...

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: