Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 18 hours, 44 mins.

Elf paladin eradication spec
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:33 am    Post subject:

Ashlyn... I get that knowledge has been dispersed all over the logboard instead of in the patch threads. So I will give you the benefit of the doubt. There has been a snowball of inspiring presence/errantry/divine sacrifice/fencing/enhanced damage/divine might/elf "int to str" damroll. They are effectively hitting demolishes with just a one-handed holy avenger, with a 23/37 hit/dam reachable buck/naked. They are also hitting demolish with their condemn skill, because it deals the weapon damage. This is what is killing people's characters. It isnt because they dodged all 18 attacks. I'm happy to have a ferrari-like elf paladin but this is more like a metal gear at the moment. We have to address damage.

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:22 am    Post subject:

Literally saw elf paladins demolishing in mithril, the damage must be addressed. Paladins damage and defense in general for both are somewhat insane right now, so it is going to be better to bring them down to a reasonable level and if needed bring some things back up afterwards, because right now there is nothing fun about fighting them in any way.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:26 am    Post subject:

Another thing I want to mention on the stacking affects is there is a legitimate performance concern, because they use lists. Every time somebody does anything, including moving a room, but also like frequent MSDP updates and even while just sitting around, we end up scanning everybodies affects (all of them) and doing computations. This is pretty substantial server load. We can get into a situation where we get backed up and slowing down. Its better in the long run to keep AR crisp and nippy by not having a bunch of effects that just do the same thing. Recently I had to recode some stuff in curse weapon because deletes were lagging the game doing a VERY long list of operations. Its just like this kind of issue. I found some mobs with 15 affects on them already just from fighting player. This is not good for game speed. We need to make some effort to keep these affect lists short and try to avoid excessive trivial crap. What we have right now is maintainable.

1 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: