Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 17 hours, 24 mins.

Rule about using level 50 equipment at level 30 and below
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ivindel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject: Rule about using level 50 equipment at level 30 and below

So for the benefit of anyone who might not be aware, it was brought to my attention by an immortal on New Year's day that it is against the rules to be aggressively (initiating PK, being the aggressor) PKing others while using level 50 rares obtained by any means (for example bought off the auction house, etc), if you are level 30 and below. The related rule is covered under "help limited". It is deemed an unfair advantage and one of the consequences is that said level 50 rares will be confiscated from you.

0 0 1
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Not a bad idea to stop those niche pkers who just want to get hard killing newbies.

0 0 0
Kalist19
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject:

This is an excellent policy. A trash level 20-30 fully equipped will steamroll everybody and make newbies say “fuck that I’m not playing this game”. Driving people away from the game is the worst thing you can do.

Sure you can say “well why don’t the vets make guys to go pk those uber equipped trolls?”. We can definitely make chars to do that but the troll might selectively quit out when they see a threat - sticking around only if there is easy prey.

Nobody will stop you from making a trash DK to sit at 15-20 lightning bolting with but at least you won’t be doing it in level 50 gear. An untrained raging berserker might still have a chance at body slamming you to death. This is the way.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Interesting.

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Something like this could be useful for tournament competitors at lower levels, so one jacked monk in lvl 50 rares doesn't steamroll all the other lvl 25's haha.

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:41 pm    Post subject:

[quote]Something like this could be useful for tournament competitors at lower levels, so one jacked monk in lvl 50 rares doesn't steamroll all the other lvl 25's haha.[/quote]

You mean like what happened in this last tournament? lol

Has this always been a rule? Because I've never been aware of it being enforced. But it could just be that I've never had a lowbie with rares lol

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Ivindel, this has been in "help limited" for 15 years, with its enforcement subject to imm discretion. Anyone can read the helpfile for themselves. Let me offer you an actual useful tip that you won't find in that helpfile. The Immortals have begun carefully watching paladins. That may be out of liking them better, or maybe just to see if they are fake. Either way, breaking a rule on a paladin is almost certainly doing it in front of an attentive imm. So, it might be funny, but its really not a great idea to go steamrolling level 20 paladins with a bunch of level 50 eq. You need to watch your step around paladins.

Also, since this thread seems to be digging for sympathies, how about I give everybody a reason to feel bad for you. You now have 7 days to level your offending character to 40+ or I'll delete it and the rest of your low level characters. It is about time you learned to let things rest and just let it go. Consider this as tough love Ivindel.

2 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Lmao I bet I know which person that just sits at rank 15 killing shit in ofcol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Esivole
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:48 pm    Post subject:

People worry about equipment before 30? Weird

0 0 0
ivindel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:49 am    Post subject:

Davairus, why are you being negative about this? I made this thread not for the sake of digging for sympathies. It is purely for sharing this information, plain and simple, because I personally am not aware of this rule and honestly have never seen this rule enforced before and I am certain that not everyone is aware of this rule even if it's in the helpfile. Isn't it obvious from the comments here that this is actually news to most of them? You sure you aren't taking things personally against me now?

0 0 0
maeve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:17 am    Post subject:

15 years?

Never heard about it, but also never had a reason to read "help limited"

Something that sounds so similar to a "rule" should perhaps be marked up in "help rules" also?

I just knew you're not supposed to gank (NEW) players and thought everything else is a fair game, no matter what you are wearing.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:27 am    Post subject:

Can't count how many times I've had a lowbie around rank 25 that pks, loots, then becomes decked. Several years ago I had my zerker Krite checked into by the imms because I was so decked at level 25. checking for multi. Of course they saw it was legit cause I never multi... I just smashed heads and took their shit.
I'm against hoarding. I'm all about kicking ass with gear you earned.
The problem here sounds likes niche pki'ing. cabal apps sit around for a week or two. Thats normal. they shouldn't be penalized for pk'ing with earned gear.
Sitting at rank 25 eternally and never ranking, with a full set of rares, including a translucent pink robe and a sceptre of might.. well, that's hoarding and niche pk'ing.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:36 am    Post subject:

Not to mention, on a char that has 200 hours, and nobody has ever heard of or even seen before.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:20 am    Post subject:

Ivindel I already advised you to drop the matter, so you've doubled down and shot yourself in the balls extra hard, and now the reports are following about other rared out lowbie characters. I couldn't make that shit up if I tried. Know when to quit

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:41 am    Post subject:

Just don't PK anyone, problem solved. Twisted Evil

When it comes to things like this, please remember, the immortals are not getting paid. (in fact this game costs them time and money)

Being a free game, they owe you nothing, should they catch someone abusing this, they will probably step in, but remember, you mortal are here for the amusement of the gods, not the other way around.

Yes we all want a larger player base but until people are being paid to enforce these rules, take it with a grain of salt or go pay for another game where hackers will ultimately ruin your fun.

I am not pro-immortal but please see the big picture.

Not paid for by the Conservative Immortal Involvement 2021 campaign.

0 0 0
krystal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:22 am    Post subject:

If this is such a pain point for you guys, why don't you just make pk toggle-able.

have an option for new players to be able to toggle pk on and off until rank 35 for the first 50 hours of their character and make them unable to hold rares that are higher than their character level. fucking problem solved.

the problem here is the dev team doesn't a fucking clue on how they want want player to player interactions to act out. You sit on an "anything goes as long as you can rp it" policy and then fucking knee jerk when shit like that happens. Hey the reason shit like that can happen in the first place is coz you have a fucking shitty pk system.

If you had a clear idea of how you want players to invest in their character and which kinds of investments (ie. time or skill) should be rewarded positively or negatively, you would have spent more time fixing shit like this than breaking paladins and having 40 elf paladins rolled in a 2 week span. You mean that doesn't drive players away?

So before you issue ultimatums in a shitty 20 player base game like this, maybe you'de like to take a long hard look at how you have been policing and developing this game first.

When the system is broken, its as much the person who made the system's fault as the person who abused it.

0 1
boo,
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject:

Krystal - since we all already know its a rule thats like over 15 years old, it means that when YOU introduced ivindel to this game YOU could've told him to read it. Does this occur to you? Perhaps not so quick to acknowledge what's your own fault? Most people wouldn't even encounter the rule because it requires douchebag play anyway.

So, go take a good look at myself you say. Sure why not. I put a money tree in this game to extend an olive branch to Ivindel even after all curbing all that gold farming bullshit. I literally researched your culture to try to build good will. I stopped 19 gold exploits without you offering an inch of help, knowing we were trying to clean up. And what ocured in this situation with ivindel went completely by the book. Outside that, just 12 hours ago I manually stopped the script that would have purged everybodys inactive characters for December, which I do every year for past 15 years, which you just take for granted as if everything happens by magic or something. I spent most of today creating mudlet plugin to share with our players who use mudlet.

And now for you, Krystal? After no co-operation on your part, I still invited you *personally* to roleplay as an acolyte of Resatimm. And I've been waiting since. You brushed me off to spam silver league LOL games. You chose ganking and raging on 13 year olds all day and disappeared. The people who play AR are the most important in the world to me, and in contrast, playing with other people here does not seem to matter to you at all. AR is a game that you play in a boring isolated way (life support scripts) and find AR boring because you do that, in my opinion. Why don't you go have yourself a nice long look in a mirror before the window next time. 15 post thread over an overlapping plates of black armor being confiscated over decked trained level 25 steamrolling newbies, moreover, by a person that YOU mentored in how to play AR, and your point is that should be blamed on the person that made a rule against it? Somethings very wrong with this picture.

1 0 0
Merlandox

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject:

So what happened is done by the book.

This is the rule - You are permitted to wear as many limited equipment as you can find unless you are below level 30. You may be suspected of multi-playing and/or being a "storage character" if you have more limited equipment than is reasonable for someone below level 30. It is entirely up to the discretion of the gods as to what is reasonable.

So ivindel PK's someone, get a legit kill and loots an overlapping plates of black aarmor, he gets the armor confiscate. Oh but Xenyar's krite was so fucking decked at level 25 and he sat there for a god damn long time. He 2 rounded my cabal applicant at 25 and I had to sit at that rank with him, nothing was done, it's legit PK? Or it's because it's Xenyar with a few characters in the HoE playing krite so he can be allowed to do that?

Come on, discretion of the gods? This is a rule that is opened to biasness here. Yes, it's one overlapping plates of black armor and not a big deal for sure. but it's the intent of an immortal stripping a legit PK to enforce a rule that's open to favouritism. More importantly, it was NEVER enforced by any immortal but you decided to throw the old rule book at someone who as what you call it, just looted ONE overlapping plates of black armor but never slammed it on Krite who had his entire body covered in winter unique gear. Maybe you guys should have stripped his victim of the armor in the first place since it's such a big deal for level 25s to hold the overlapping plates of black aarmor.

The truth is, you're frustrated with ivindel doing certain things and you decided to take it out on him over this. You assumed that ivindel would stay at 25 to trash pk people, but in truth, there was a change to allow people to make vampires. So he wanted to try it, on the way doing it, he PKs someone and got shit on by an immortal.

ivindel only makes a big fuss when he finds something unfair done to him. Something everyone else has done at 25 to him, us and everyone else, but when he does it, he gets pinned for it. Rubbish in my opinion. Ivindel did not start niche PK-ing at 25. The system made all cabal applicant stay at 25 and therefore, 25 is the level for niche PK. If you're a mage cabal applicant, you're fucked at 25 and that's how it has been. I get slaughtered non stop at 25, did any immortal step in to help me then?

Nobody is taking away from you your dedication and effort that you have put in for the game and i'm sure everyone appreciates it as do I when I was playing the game.

0 0 1
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Nah whoever said dont pk anyone problem solved you're moms a hoe. And I dont mean exalted. I begin super armoring my chars at rank 1. By rank 25 I am geared that includes at least 1 or 2 rank 50 items and all my shit engraved to the set I use at that rank. But hear me out....I pk. I pk from 15-50 i dont get 6 char to 15 and hold a bunch if shit on them. The character in thinking of was mentioned already to me in PM and I can assure you im not the only one noticing this character. I've never had an imm yell at me for being to armored at rank 15 but ill remember this
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject:

I can also agree with merlandox i feel like that if you make an imm mad they start to target your character for other petty shit. I get transferred everytime he sees me (not gonna point fingers) about the most minute thing. He even goes out of his way to make shit more complicated during the fix stage. So I can see where merlandox says you don't make an imm happy they find a way to throw the book at you.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: