Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 20 hours, 49 mins.

Rule about using level 50 equipment at level 30 and below
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Aww Merlandox, look at you thinking you can assert that the imms have NEVER confiscated a piece of eq in their lives and it'll just become a fact because you wrote it in caps. Luckily for the rest of us, *actions* speak louder than words, or to put it another way, *facts* speak louder than conspiracy theorists.

Fact #1. I have confiscated rare eq before. An example is taking battlemaster's blade from bladefury lowbies before they even did any lowbie pk'ing. Why would I do that? Because he said in IRC he was going to niche pk level 15. This is public knowledge and happened in the last year. So you can sit your ass back down.

Fact #2. https://abandonedrealms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12850

You might be confusing "grudge against ivindel" with "ivindel starts petty forum threads after losing out on rare items".

Fact #3. When "krite" was breaking rules, you didn't report it, did you?

Lets make this last fact a bit easier to understand. You can consider the imms together like a bunch of semi-competent sunday league sports refs. There isn't an advanced surveillance system designed to spy on the players. Its a rulebook with rules the players clearly believe in, and a bunch of unpaid volunteers who add humanity to that "system" as you called it. "Discretion" doesn't just mean the ref turns a blind eye to everything. It means weighing the situation and making a judgment call. That doesn't matter if the ref never saw it. You need to provide a report, or like I told you in initial reply, if you play paladins or do it on paladins, its like 1000 times more likely an imm is watching. Also, theres no difficulty to filing any report. Its a one-line command. If you dont want to snitch and dont file reports, fine, but then let it go already.

m1co made a great point this rule could be clearer to read. I 100% agree.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:01 am    Post subject:

For the record and clarity purposes, Krite broke no rules.

I do like your new avatar, dav.

0 0 0
Mikoos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:23 am    Post subject:

How many times have we been through this? You can remove yourself from pk range if you’re wearing the gimp set. Unfortunately you can’t speak too well with the ball gag, but at least you won’t multi-die.

0 0 1
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:23 am    Post subject:

Wait, what? Gimp set removes you from pk? Hahahahahaha

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Hahahah I have had so much shit taken from my chars I dont even blink anymore. I forgot about that one dav
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
flat4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:41 am    Post subject:

watching imms justify this shit makes me sick

0 0 0
Grayden

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:12 pm    Post subject:

@Bladefury my mom is not a garden tool, it is a cephalopod that devours brains, respect the tadpole and direct your cheap shots next time.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:13 pm    Post subject:

That sunday league soccer analogy was perfect. Everybody hates the refs. But the people in the crowd can see the poor play even better than he does. You know this is true. I am the kind of ref that is firm and brandishes the red card when protest starts, and some of you are just the kinda players that crowd the referee, protesting and booing, when the red card decision happens. That interaction is actually all totally fine and normal. None of this is a particularly original problem anywhere on earth, in any sport, and actually plenty people find it all rather fun to watch. Nothing anybody is doing is driving anyone away, quite the opposite in fact. Iif you guys want to see some bad reffing just watch Mazzagatti letting unconcious people getting punched 15+ more times.. you dont blame that on the fighter who got carried away do you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd3XCJMd6sE speaking of getting carried away, our imms have suffered death threats, being doxxed, and years of people just being highly abusive, and all we've done about it is pretty much accept that it happened. I don't see it worth getting into a finger pointing session about it. The fact remains that a written rule was broken and the person who broke it is responsible for their actions, and its really easy for everybody to pick the dead nits out of it but I have to choose what to do right away when it happens right in front of me. I failed to act quickly enough and the player died before I could remedy anything. I challenge any of you to do better, actually.

3 0 0
deioped

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:22 pm    Post subject:

[quote]How many times have we been through this? You can remove yourself from pk range if you’re wearing the gimp set. Unfortunately you can’t speak too well with the ball gag, but at least you won’t multi-die.[/quote]

What? I need that. Where do you find that set?

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Mocker's Tavern All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: