Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 11 hours, 54 mins.

Rare/Unique monthly timer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rothak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:36 pm    Post subject: Rare/Unique monthly timer

So, logging into the New Year, I see the same people (low level) hoarding rates and getting their time in straight from the get go and disappearing for the next month. What about the lower the level you are compared to the rare or w/e, the more time is needed based off of the difference of the level of the person and the level of the rare? Perhaps people will at least hoard at 50 instead of 15.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Almost all those characters are owned by the same player. They range from lvl 25 to 50. We all know what characters we are talking about here.
They all sit in the south west corner of Tyr Unguld for hours, burning time to keep their equipment from purging. Minimal interactions with anybody. Maybe an arena duel here or there. Safe place to keep your hoard of eq. 98-99% of these characters play times are in solitude, rarely even responding to tells. It keeps quite a bit of rares out of circulation. including unique items...Which plain sucks ass.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Ivindel?

1 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Lets not out peoples characters please. We are on tangent, and aren't discussing Rothak's suggestion here. That's kind of disrespectful to Rothak.

The hoarding requiring time played was a band-aid in the first place, I believe, as the hoarders will simply play more and it eventually just ends up hurting people who aren't hoarding. So if we increase the play time it doesn't really do anything. That isn't a real solution and more the point, there probably isn't a way to automate a solution anyway. However, if we want the "storage character" rule invoked on more characters under level 30, try just reporting the characters. The assumption is usually if nobody reports it, that nobody really cares about it. Whereas if we get a report in like "Chayvudd has the weeping blade from winter and has been at level 25 for over a year", it will definitely result in that player ending up in conversation with the Imms having to explain themselves.

1 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Wasn't looking for somebody to call out the player by name. Just shedding some light on the obvious eg/char situation at hand. There's very strong imm presence these days. I'm sure they've noticed some of this stuff.

We players send issues about all sorts of dumb shit. So we should've reported this issue too.

I can't think of a good solution right now for rares and the monthly time requirement. I don't think there's a great solution to this, or better than what we already have in place. It's really up to the players to just do the right thing.

0 0 0
BlackWidow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:17 am    Post subject:

There's also a level 17 character who I once saw buying one of Winter's hardest to obtain items on the auction house... I'm guessing that guy's decked in some serious shit.

0 0 0
Thorgoth
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Off the top of my head I think we could try to enforce something that forces a player to level their character if they are hoarding below 50. This way we can force them to be pushed up into the gauntlet of other lvl 50’s and make them interact with other players through ranking. So say someone is sitting at lvl 36 for an entire month, the next month they will get autopurged for not gaining any levels even if they met the time requirements. I could see some outlier cases where this could backfire in cases of waiting for induction or training, but ultimately the objective of the game it to get to pinnacle and our cabals are pretty on point about inducting within 2 weeks periods. Just spitballing here.

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Item level restrictions on level 50 gear.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Moved Trash to the wasteland.

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject:

How about you cant bid on things more than 8 levels above your rank. (Same difference as group range)?

I don't agree with the force levelling because we are NOT an end-game only MUD. This game can be played at multiple rank waypoints.

1 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Id say no more than ten ranks above you. So at 40 I can bid on it if its nice
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject:

The 8 lvls on bidding for higher lvl items makes sense in relation to group ranges. I like that

0 0 0
Vevier
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject:

I like that idea too and the resonance with group ranges, although I sympathize with bfs concern for cabal applicants who are all about to rank up.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject:

So are you guys going to be ok with high level evils scamming lowbies for their gold?

0 0 0
Stiehl26

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Sounds exactly like something an evil would do.

0 0 0
Resatimm
Takes the Cake

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Auction house i meant. So the Rimath run auctions.

I am purposely leaving open lowbies looting rares from corpses or the pit. I dont think level 50 items should be restricted from taking or giving. Only auction.

And then police as necessary.

2 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Yep, that makes even better sense Res. I agree

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Eh, I think scamming shouldn't be policed at all. If you are greedy and got ripped off by a high level trying to buy winter pieces at level 20, you'd have 100% deserved it. Nevermind being "evil", it just kinda seems like the right thing to do. It'd teach them a lesson. And we'd do a crappy job of enforcing it if we tried anyway.

There is also the conveyance issue that if the auction house refuses sale to players who are ten levels under, it implies that nobody should ever be doing it or especially giveaways.

0 0 0
Xenyar
Emissary

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:11 am    Post subject:

It sucks thinking we need to change the rare system because of one guy that has 9 rared out chars that practically never interacts with anybody... or nobody has ever heard of, met, or even seen. Obviously all non-caballed.
Anybody remember the rared out dwarf warrior Wicigorgo or whatever his was? Uniques, rares and tenor..but literally avoided everybody and logged out at the sight of any threat. Anyways...

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:16 am    Post subject:

Force rename them all to Gollum. "My precious"

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: