Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 6 hours.

Druid Tweaks Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject: Druid Tweaks Thread

Druids appear to be a really interesting class, but they have not yet found their niche in the meta. They have a super unique kit with some stuff that no one else has, but I think they may need some tweaks to find their place. Shaman are better at damage and have proper mals, healers better at healing and .

My main point to discuss would be:
1. No protection spell, so even though they are a cleric, they eat damage like it's going out of style, making them far less mana efficient than healers or shaman due to all the extra damage they eat.
Possible solution: Maybe add bark skin- Almost all druid races have a vuln that this could help with, and could serve the same cleric role as the protection spell but be element specific, which is on theme with the rest of their kit.

2. Underwhelming pets. Even at max rank, the best pets are rank 45 and do not hit anyone at 50 that I have seen. I think this class is designed to be some sort of hybrid between pet, spell damaging class, and healing, but it kind of falls short in all 3 (though I think the healing one would be addressed by point 1), especially because all of these are a mana drain.
Possible solution: Buff the pets to level 50, limit them to two pets at a time, and have the pets last more than a handful of ticks- Maybe even like ranger pets that fade in the city but stay otherwise? Get druids fighting more in the forests?

Really open to suggestions/thoughts

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Druids don't have bark skin already?

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Yeah they just have thorn armor currently, but barkskin is a very natural choice to add I think.

0 0 0
maeve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject:

while we are already copying shit ton of stuff from wow, why not make them shapeshift into animals? just tweak some code from monk styles and give each animal a unique fighting style.

0 0 2
Vanisse
Immortal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:00 pm    Post subject:

they already have shapeshift (wild shape)

1 0 0
Arunore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:53 pm    Post subject:

I had an idea I was going to write up but haven't had the time to. It involves upping the selection of spells to any druid race from 3 to 5 or 7. Making druid builds be sttongly dependant upon race selection. And give them 1 boon

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject:

Where I personally felt I maybe missed the mark on druid was making their spell damage potential too high and the mana costs to match. I saw some comments along the lines of wanting buffer pets.. I don't know really whether that's an attempt to add damage to the class or just avoid requires so much mana spent. But I don't really see this as a nuclear damage class.

As you pitch ideas into druids please be mindful that we will have a trinity of druids, illusionists and psionicists - all of them are control-themed classes. It would be really easy to encroach. That's literally been an exhausting effort. Glass door and razor strings were very difficult decisions to make.. and psis are easily encroached on with spells to raise temperatures of metals and such. I think its easy to argue a psi could hypnotize someone into thinking a metal ring is too hot to wear and must be removed.

0 0 0
Bladefury

BANNED

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Maeve nobody is copying from WoW of anything AR was first so WoW copies us.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

0 0 0
kento
Emissary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:57 am    Post subject:

You you are right about the holy trinity. Honestly if they just got barkskin to help with the elemental damage I think they would be in a good spot. The pet thing was mostly about the Mana, but the barkskin would help with that too. Their spells aren't crazy high damage compared to the options the other clerics have I think but I would say wait and see what they look like with barkskin and then see.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: