Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 7 hours.

Cabal/hometown currencies thread for ideas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject: Cabal/hometown currencies thread for ideas

The problem:

- gambling + auction house causes gold to have a high value that leads into rares being sold off for gold and hoarded in low levels

The solution:

- be able to use the "hometown currency" to gamble

Why the solution works:

The problem is to do with the supply of gambling being controlled by gold. so being able to use something else loosens its grip on the economy. It would not totally destroy the auction house though, importantly. Its just competition.

What I am looking for:

Ways for the game to awards currency to people. For instance:

- a lawful could earn sovereigns for being deputized
- a player could earn skulls for completing a hit on someone (a board in darkhaven would allow players to post bounty in gold, which could be viewed and claimed in skulls by characters who belong to an assassins guild or something)
- a cabal char could change its blood type to collect the cabal currency instead of relics/medal
- cabal chars could get some currency from dieing (since theyre dying for the cause). probably half of the amount of winning
- royals build lairs in their towns to generate incomes from 30 min play sessions. similar to how cabal chars get a little per login. this wouldnt apply twice to cabal players

questions:
- should a keeper earn your currency if they return your item?
- should royals be allowed to deposit skulls to their cabal (i think the obvious answer here is yes)
- does seringale need a royal "magistrate" (lawful only) and what role would they perform (e.g. monitoring)

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:58 pm    Post subject:

I like all of these ideas. I would also like to see Haggle added for currency purchases.

Right now, you can collect whatever you can carry, it's especially cool if you make friends with a necromancer, or bring several friends with their pets loaded down. So you go to a shop and drop all your shit on the ground, then buy/sell till you run out of gold or items to sell. Say item costs 20k, you haggle it down to 15k, and then you sell back to the shopkeeper for 10k, and you paid 5k for the item instead of 20. Currency is straight conversion, 1 currency is 100 gold, so that same 20k item costs 200 currency. That burns through currency, which right now is hard to get, really fast. It is still very cool, however.

0 0 0
hamsandwich

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Where would the currency be useable? Any shop that sells randoms? So you can use gold/relics/skulls/royals/etc. at smuggler and at armorer in seringale? All currencies become acceptable by all shopkeepers? Or just their own town? So you can only gamble at Pel the armorer with sovereigns? Obviously if this is the case then there needs to be a change to random item shop availability, as each city is certainly not created equally in that regard.

Obviously this gives an advantage to cabal characters because they have way easier access to the currency than anyone else. They get it for lots more actions, they also have a bank that converts gold to currency, which I guess is moot here because just use gold instead at that point.

Your keeper question I think depends on the answer to my first question. Is there a point for the keeper to have multiple kinds of currency? If not then that would be worse because they would have small amounts of many and not be able to use it as well as a large amount of one. Having 1 of each instead of 5 of one means you can't buy something that costs 5.

0 0 0
Dogran
Immortal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject:

I haven't tried to use relics, but go to darkhaven and buy a low level piece using relics if you can. It lists as currency and not the name of the currency, so I bet it works. Also with bloodtype people can earn warlord and relics currently, and that is going to expand it looks like.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: