Forum Links 

Click to return to main page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
 Current Top Rated Killers 
 Next Event   Voting Links 

The event "The Assault on Taekir" is beginning in 1 day, 16 hours.

Monk
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Just a word of caution here that its pretty hard to balance the monks for a game where people are using engraved enchanted augmented imbued sets. The tankiest stances are not going to stop those kinda characters from blasting through everything with dismembers through sanc. Those things will have to be reeled in a bit for monks to perform their best. The reason being that monks simply can't use them.

0 0 0
Ashlyn

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject:

People with crappy gear vs people with insanely good gear has always been a part of the game. I got dunked by stone giants and paladins(with tenor) on my monk, its is what it is. Whats the fix? Peel back the layers of augment, enchant, set bonus, imbue, engrave? Back when people used to get stacked and were unstoppable they just used to get smoked by a gangbang. Pepperidge farm remembers.

0 0 0
Davairus
Implementor

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 11:47 am    Post subject:

Ok I agree with part of that. We buffed gear and items a lot. But we can't keep saying "it is what it is"... the pressure of it has pushed things out of being viable to play. Like why would you play an elf healer anymore, when you can just quaff defenders? Its been viable, and its been pushed out. Engraves sets, enchants, defender potions, etc are all pretty cool features, I know we like them all, but overall that has all gone much too far. Why would you play a monk and pass up engraved TP? I could be wrong, but I think that may be all that is going on with monks. They can't wear most of that gear, that's all. I think if monks in panda style could wear engraved TP, you would see monks that are just always in panda style, wrapped in TP, putting boots to asses til eventual boredom delete.

The concern I have is what's going to happen when we finally address that stuff but our monk class (and a lot of other stuff) has already been buffed to meet a larger threat head on.he patching system gives us time to properly reflect, right.. we can address what we need to and return to it. What I dont wanna be trying to address later is a load of repressed anger that eventually gets whipped up by us just not doing the right thing. That addition of block to monks had the numbers behind it to definitely give a substantial upgrade.

0 0 0
lionSpyre

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject:

That's a good point, Dav. Color me convinced that the armor problem needs to be addressed first before any further monk tweaks are implemented.

I think the issue is that neutral monks have no viable options when it comes to engraved sets. Evil monks have Shape of the Wraith (would actually be very good on a monk). I'm not 100% sure about good monk options (maybe mithril phoenix, now that mithril conforms to preferred armor type?).

As has been noted, addressing this armor discrepancy is a conversation for another thread, so I'll post my thoughts on it there.

0 0 0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Abandoned Realms Forum Index -> Past Balance Patch Thread Discussions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: